Sign in to follow this  
FLighT01

GTN 750/650

Hi Tim,

yes I had noticed that. I hope Flight1 will make the new Garmin GTN PC Trainer version compatible with Flight1 GTN 650/750 soon, as it contains a lot of nice new features, along with an updated database.

This device is still the hottest gauge on the planet!  Love it!

gtnwoot.jpg

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Someone that knows what they're doing could most likely make use of this stuff, I personally have a lot to learn, lol. At any rate there's no reason a person can't download and install the Gramin trainer and have a play without spending a penny as this is all independent of the F1 gauges.

They can be out of date, but not necessarily changed. The big change since FSX came out, is the addition of new RNAV DP's and STAR's based on newly published GPS fixes. Those aren't in the FSX database because they didn't exist at the time. However, most had been implemented by the time the "out of date" database included with the GTN's were published. Sure, there will be changes, but the bulk of these terminal procedures at major airports will likely remain status quo for some years. Switching over from VOR based procedures to those based on GPS/RNAV fixes is a major undertaking, and they just aren't going to change that much from one pub/cycle to another. RW flying, yes, flying with out of date pubs is a no-no, but simming isn't RW. If it's a problem, cough up the bucks for a Garmin subscription. Edited by n4gix
Remove excessive quote and images

Thanks but am too old to learn theory and all. I really want to just know how to find out certain aspects of the gps flight such as approaches, airways, departures and other exotic things to keep me awake at night. I would like a tutorial that says do this, then this, they add that, then hit this button.

I did figure out, I think, approaches. When the gps ask which approach you want to use I went to the chart section and there it was in the chart approach area. So I inserted that and then it said something about vectors so I said, sure lets have 'em. Ok then the vectors put me right in line with the approach runway I picked,,,,but now my magenta line does not include the vectors so I assume I load or activate them when close?

You need to know the definition of "vectors". They're headings issued by ATC. No ATC, no vectors. Suggest you fly the full approach, or play a duel role and be your own controller. You do know how to fly headings I assume.

Does anyone know why KAVX is missing from the 1.15 update?

Thanks

jja

The latest Garmin trainer does not have airfields with runways <4000 ft in the WW database.

For U.S. airports, you can choose the North American database in the F1GTN config app.

Visit the GTN support forum for details.

• Upvote 1

Bert