Sign in to follow this  
FLighT01

GTN 750/650

Question: I have purchased the GTN750 and installed it, seemingly with no problems. After reading the manual, I opened up the GTN Config program and decided to try and set up the 750 for my Turbine Duke. When I click on the Duke in the list, and select "Configure GTN", then Panel Preview, I get  a black screen with garbled text and the 2 GTNs. Going back to the docs, I expect to see a Duke panel, without gauges, but it isn't there.

Must've done something wrong, so I went and selected the A2A C-172, and got the same results, not even the Panel Preview button. - no 172 panel, just a blank rectangle with a GTN in the upper right corner. Same with the Carenado Grand Caravan.

I'm suspecting a problem with the program not being able to find the panel.cfg files, biut I may be wrong. I haven't even tried to load FSX and see what I find when I load one of the A/C. Can anyone tell me what's going on with this? I was frankly somewhat sceptical when I started reading the docs for this and found all kinds of warnings about editing the registry and changing fsx.cfg. I'm wishing now that I could have rad the docs before spending $50 USD on this. All of the demos have been fantastic, but never any warnings about the complexity of just getting it installed.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

No issues here so it sounds like either an install problem or registration problem.  Do you get the open screen and "Continue" or a License screen that shows you are the owner ?  You might need to post your question on the official F1 GTN boards.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Question: I have purchased the GTN750 and installed it, seemingly with no problems. After reading the manual, I opened up the GTN Config program and decided to try and set up the 750 for my Turbine Duke. When I click on the Duke in the list, and select "Configure GTN", then Panel Preview, I get  a black screen with garbled text and the 2 GTNs. Going back to the docs, I expect to see a Duke panel, without gauges, but it isn't there.

Must've done something wrong, so I went and selected the A2A C-172, and got the same results, not even the Panel Preview button. - no 172 panel, just a blank rectangle with a GTN in the upper right corner. Same with the Carenado Grand Caravan.

I'm suspecting a problem with the program not being able to find the panel.cfg files, biut I may be wrong. I haven't even tried to load FSX and see what I find when I load one of the A/C. Can anyone tell me what's going on with this? I was frankly somewhat sceptical when I started reading the docs for this and found all kinds of warnings about editing the registry and changing fsx.cfg. I'm wishing now that I could have rad the docs before spending $50 USD on this. All of the demos have been fantastic, but never any warnings about the complexity of just getting it installed.

What ver of the GTN 750 garmin Trainer lite have you installed.

bob

ps you shouldn't need to alter the gtn 750 config file. you need to set up the Turbine Duke config file.

All good ideas. Also confirm you bought the correct version of the gauge for the sim you fly in?

I think the trainer idea is the culprit. Can't use the latest trainer.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What ver of the GTN 750 garmin Trainer lite have you installed.

bob

ps you shouldn't need to alter the gtn 750 config file. you need to set up the Turbine Duke config file.

The version showing on the opening screen of the Trainer is 5.00, with GPS version 99.9. I did buy the version for FSX SE, and when I start the config, it asks me if I'm running the "Boxed Version" or "Steam Edition"...of course, I pick the Steam version.

I'm still not sure how to set it up for the Duke, but when using the GTN Config program, I expected to see what the documents show, which is the panel for the aircraft I am configuring. I guess my next step is to load the Duke and see if I can install the 750 form the Duke config.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Both a2a and RealAir have config apps for the C172 and TDuke.

Use those to configure these aircraft, NOT the F1GTN config app.

FSX/a2a/c172/Tools/Aircraft Configurator

FSX/RealAir/Tduke/Config panel

• Upvote 1

Bert

Is there an update for the GTN 750? Latest Steam patch stopped it from working. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Is there an update for the GTN 750? Latest Steam patch stopped it from working. 

Yes v1.1 is now compatible with current versions of FSX:SE and P3Dv2 Hotfix 4.

Just download and reinstall the current installer from the product website:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gtn

The product page is not much up to date. Don't worry...

See in addition: http://www.simforums.com/forums/f1gtn-series-support-forum_forum54.html

German Users...

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Is there anyway the GTN 750 can do an autoland?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

No  (not legally, at least)

Bert

No, and no AP vertical navigation coupling either. It will give descent path guidance if you enter a fix and altitude with descent rate. Look under utilities. You must command speed, altitude and overall path of the aircraft.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Well, it does fly precision approaches, ILS and LPV..

If you let it, it will put your airplane on the runway...

Proper procedudure is to take manual control before 200 feet AGL.

Bert

Well, it does fly precision approaches, ILS and LPV..

If you let it, it will put your airplane on the runway...

Proper procedudure is to take manual control before 200 feet AGL.

I hear what you're saying in terms of picking an approach and "guiding" you to the runway. It won't control the vertical path however or speed. You must calculate that yourself or use the VNAV profile setting under utilities. That profile for VNAV only gives an option to pick a waypoint and desired altitude for FPM descent rates. I suppose if you pick the airport and enter the elevation in the VNAV calculator and descend at that rate. Not a good idea. :-/

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I hear what you're saying in terms of picking an approach and "guiding" you to the runway. It won't control the vertical path however or speed. You must calculate that yourself or use the VNAV profile setting under utilities. That profile for VNAV only gives an option to pick a waypoint and desired altitude for FPM descent rates. I suppose if you pick the airport and enter the elevation in the VNAV calculator and descend at that rate. Not a good idea. :-/

VNAV has nothing to do with the autoland functions on aiplanes equipped with that capability. Autoland is an approach mode function, and relies on the two radios (PF's & PNF's) being in agreement about the ILS data/signal, a radio altimeter with a certified degree of precision, and an inertial reference system to back it up. The VNAV or LNAV profile don't contribute to the autoland function, one is simply not related to the other. Since the GTN systems are ILS or LPV capable, they can indeed fly precision approaches, and as Bert mentioned... "it will put your plane on the runway". Probably without too much grace, because the GTN unit won't command the flight director to flare, and your descent rate would be on the high side... but it will get you to the runway. Also, Garmin started calling the VNAV function "VCALC" on the GTN. Probably to differentiate it from the far more advanced implementation of VNAV on the G1000 and to avoid false impressions of it being any more functional than a calculator. Used to be called VNAV on the GNS systems though, and you are certainly correct in regards to it not being able to control vertical path or speed during a descent.    

Hi,

Garmin has released version 6.01.1 of their GTN PC trainer software. While V6 is still not compatible with the Flight1 GTN series, it contains updated databases that can be used with the old - Flight1 compatible - V5 GTN PC trainer software:

gtnc1uil.jpg

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080