Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Where Is Your RealAir T-Duke V2 Now?!

My Duke's still in Black Rock City but I'm thinking about busting out for a trip to Homer, AK because my good friend Alex Goff just released a new airport there. Here we go into the bandwidth overage again, lol.

Off we go on a night ride to New Orleans KNEW, then on to St Maarten, Suriname, Brazil, then jump the Atlantic to Cape Verde, then probably to Cassablanca and on to Europe, at least thats what I have planned so far.

That's an ambitious plan, I'm still in Paramaribo, Suriname with the Lockheed Electra after a failed Amelia Earhart world flight attempt back in the FS9 days. The Duke's a little faster and you've got the GTNs to keep you entertained where I tried to do it with a sextant and a driftmeter. The cellestial navigation was actually a lot of fun but the slow speeds over endless miles of default landclass got the better of me. That was FS9 remember, not that FSX would be much better. The crossing would have been Natal, Brazil to Dakar, Senegal @ about 1600nm but Freddie & Amelia screwed up and wound up in St. Louis, Senegal instead, about 100nm northward along the African coast. That flight would have been the ultimate test of my cellestial navigation skills that I'd been learning and practicing for the prior 10 legs of the flight. By now I've forgotten everything, lol.

Do you have the world terrain data from the Garmin trainer DVD? Excellent pics, good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks Jim

Yeah I have the Garmin DVD with the expanded terrain data. It should be helpful when I eventually get to Lukla lol.

Five hours or so and 1700nm later, shutting down at KNEW. Note the fuel status from the previous cockpit shot, to this one here just before shutdown, and compare to the GTN fuel calculations. Only about 5gal off, which is pretty damn good considering such a long trip with varying tailwinds.  Tomorrow a run to Jamaica.

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-008.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-007.th.jpg

Cheers

TJ

Off we go on a night ride to New Orleans KNEW, then on to St Maarten, Suriname, Brazil, then jump the Atlantic to Cape Verde, then probably to Cassablanca and on to Europe, at least thats what I have planned so far.

Fantastic trip TJ....love that!

Innsbruck to Sion

sion1.jpg

sion2.jpg

sion3.jpg

sion4.jpg

sion5.jpg

sion6.jpg

sion7.jpg

sion8.jpg

sion9.jpg

sion10.jpg

sion11.jpg

sion12.jpg

sion13.jpg

sion14.jpg

sion15.jpg

sion16.jpg

HLJAMES

Second leg of the trip from New Orleans KNEW to Montego Bay MKJS.

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-028.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-027.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-016.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-011.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-6-013.th.jpg

Next stop St Maarten or St Barts, however it might not be for a few days until I can get a nice chunk of flightsim time again. I can happily spend a few days in Montego Bay listening to some Bob Marley and drinking Jamaican cocktails and Red Stripe lol.

Since you're doing a lot of flight planning with the GTNs I should let you know that I've been making my flightplans outside the sim with the Garmin trainer, saving them, adding user waypoints, etc. Then I go into the C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer folder and copy everything from the GTN1nonvol folder into GTN2nonvol and GTN4nonvol. Then when I load the GTNs in the sim all my saved flight plans are there in both units. I wrote a batch file "crossfill.bat" that does the copying, only problem is if you save something in the sim it won't show up in the Garmin trainer but you can simply crossfill in the opposite direction. In my case anyway it appears that GTN1nonvol contains data from the actual Garmin trainer, GTN2nonvol contains data from the in-sim GTN750, and GTN4nonvol contains data from the in-sim GTN650. I also have a GTN3nonvol folder which I believe was in-sim GTN750 #2 from when I tried out the Duke once with dual 750s.

It's very odd that the Garmin trainer never seems to update the timestamp on these files, yet copying them across does seem to crossfill perfectly between the units.

Jim

Dubai, UAE to Aden, Yemen

aden1.jpg

aden2.jpg

aden3.jpg

aden4.jpg

aden5.jpg

aden6.jpg

aden7.jpg

aden8.jpg

aden9.jpg

aden10.jpg

aden11.jpg

aden12.jpg

aden13.jpg

aden14.jpg

aden15.jpg

HLJAMES

Hey guys,

Turns out I had some time to fly today, so here is the next leg of Abundia's global trek. Montego Bay MKJS to St Barts TFFJ, then some local VFR fun to Saba TNCS and St Maarten TNCM. Next stop Parmaribo.

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-018.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-008.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-010.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-009.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-011.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-013.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-015.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-017.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-022.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-023.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-024.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-025.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-026.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-027.th.jpgPILOT-PC-2015-feb-7-028.th.jpg

Out of Woolongon YWOL for Melbourne Essenden YMEN:

es1a0289.jpg

es23d6c7.jpg

es494d5b.jpg

es36ffbe.jpg

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

How are your photo real textures so sharp so far out? I can't get them to look that good on the 4790k gtx770 :(

Guest Mik75

Very nice pics here!

I've just finished a beautiful flight in cold and snowy Switzerland in this amazing aircraft, equipped with the fantastic GTN750. The short hop went from Birrfeld to Grenchen:

cvyjr5rttxhq6gxm4.jpg

cvyjrd0yq3jffw1t8.jpg

cvyjrksw8vw13vmss.jpg

cvyjrugcqg74rglkc.jpg

cvyjs30msvjivgmcs.jpg

How are your photo real textures so sharp so far out? I can't get them to look that good on the 4790k gtx770 :(

Im DX10. (free one)

Nvidia Inspector settings:

Antialasing section :

Behave flag -none

gamma correction - off

line gamma - Default

mode - Appl controlled

Setting - app controlled/off

trans multisampling - off

trans supersampling - 8x Sparse Grid Sampling

fxaa - off

Texture Fil section :

Anisotropic filter mode  - app controlled

setting -  8x

texture filtering anis optimz- on

texture filtering sample optimz - on

texture filtering quality - High Quality

Texture Filtering Trilnear optimiz - off

Common Section :

amb occlusion - off

threaded optimiz - on

vertical sync - 1/2 refresh rate

Anything not listed, leave as default.

FSX.CFG

[bufferPools]  (ATT: Based on memory, allot of people mess this up, It needs to be set regardless if you have a super computer or not. Research it)

BufferPools=1

PoolSize=10485760

RejectThreshold=524288

[Display]

TextureMaxLoad=12

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

[Main]

AffinityMask=84

DisablePreload=1

[GRAPHICS]

MultiSampleQuality=8