Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Where Is Your RealAir T-Duke V2 Now?!

Looks great TJ!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You had to buy RAID in the old days. Now intel gives it away for free. It permitts you to run all the scenery ever made for FSX.

HLJAMES

You should own a Hard Disk of 100 TB or something  :lol:  :lol:

Seriously, I am following all your screenshots and they are stunning. I wish I had a NASA computer to run my fs under your settings.

Great job. Best screenshots ever. Your photosceneries look even better than real life. I want to go sightseeing into your world of flight simulator  :lol:

You should own a Hard Disk of 100 TB or something

Seriously, I am following all your screenshots and they are stunning. I wish I had a NASA computer to run my fs under your settings.

Great job. Best screenshots ever. Your photosceneries look even better than real life. I want to go sightseeing into your world of flight simulator

Many Thanks!

The 100TB HDD would not work well (blurries) because it can only move about 80mb/sec however two 50TB HDD in RAID0 would produce a storage capacity of 100TB and move about 160mb/sec.(no blurries)

Just left PAJN headed to PAHO. Socked in at FL200.

Great pit shot!

Berne, Switzerland to Venice, Italy

586.jpg

587.jpg

588.jpg

589.jpg

590.jpg

591.jpg

592.jpg

593.jpg

594.jpg

595.jpg

596.jpg

597.jpg

598.jpg

599.jpg

600.jpg

HLJAMES

You would not need a NASA computer for photoscenery because it runs mostly in wait state...waiting on your storage bottleneck.

James, mind sharing your FSX/NI/NCP settings too?

With photoscenery you do not have to trade image quality for frame rates.

graphics.JPG

scenery.JPG

insp.JPG

HLJAMES

Thanks a lot for sharing, do you have any issues with that high SGSS in heavy clouds and weather? ASN and REX textures?

Do you have any cfg modifications with your graphics like LOD and bandwidth?

Thanks guys!

Do you have any cfg modifications with your graphics like LOD and bandwidth?

Yes, Fly all PMDG products over MSE2 @ LOD 9.5 however europian scenery makers who blend autogen into their photoscenery you have to drop the LOD.

HLJAMES

As HLJames notes, with pure photo you can actually increase most of the standard settings and in particular you want to crank LOD as much as possible.  On my modest system I usually run at 4.5 in Orbx regions, but bump that to 6.5 when flying in pure photo.  Photo with large areas of dense autogen, such as MegasceneryX SoCal in the LA basin I go back to 4.5 or risk OOMs.  With smaller areas like MegasceneryX Las Vegas I can still leave things at 6.5.

Scott

Thanks guys, is there a quick way to do this in flight, or is the only way re-starting FSX to change the LOD in the cfg.

Hawaii sounded like a good place to fly... Snow and Bitter cold having sucked the life out of the first quarter of the year...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey guys,

Here is the next round of legs for Alae Abundia. Paro Bhutan VQPR to Darwin, Australia YPDN via Bangkok, Singapore, and Bali (VTBD-WSSS-WADD)

First Leg VQPR-VTBD

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-18-002.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-18-001.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-17-019.th.jpg

Second Leg VTBD-WSSS

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-19-001.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-19-002.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-18-003.th.jpg

Third Leg WSSS-WADD

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-19-015.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-19-010.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-19-016.th.jpg

Fourth Leg WADD-YPDN

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-21-001.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-20-002.th.jpg PILOT-PC-2015-feb-20-004.th.jpg

Here is the entire trip so far.

PILOT-PC-2015-feb-21-002.th.jpg

Elephant Butte Lake, New Mexico

elephant1.jpg

elephant2.jpg

elephant3.jpg

elephant4.jpg

elephant5.jpg

elephant6.jpg

elephant7.jpg

elephant8.jpg

elephant9.jpg

elephant10.jpg

elephant11.jpg

HLJAMES

Here is the entire trip so far.

Did you keep track of fuel used?? would be interesting to know what this trip would cost with the Tduke in RW average PPG (PPL).

Did you keep track of fuel used?? would be interesting to know what this trip would cost with the Tduke in RW average PPG (PPL).

Good idea. Gonna start doing this on my PGA Tour trips. I'll even keep track of the cost depending on what FBO I'm purchasing fuel from. Make it more fun.