Sign in to follow this  
OSJJ1985

Is it really such a leap when it comes to performance?

I get so excited when my FPS's hit 27'ish, I gotta go change me daiper!

Shall we ask for zoom testing? I think that there is a large community of our age out there that would love to know the differences between the sims.

Discrimination against Seniors?

:t0103: :p0503: :t4020: :t4011:

We'll be back!! :LMAO:

I think you've got it right. What we need is SeniorSim. Clear weather, no AI, and no autogen. Kind of like it was with FS2 (God, I miss those days...no reading glasses, sleep all night, and only two trips to the loo). Let the youngsters chew on that.....

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

...you can get good FPS easily as well with FSX..

You've been wasting your time comparing fps, the -SE version is slicker in other ways too, I'm measuring increased bandwidth available to simconnect, for example.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Judging by those two videos, FSX box version got more going on in terms of scenery and frame is almost on par with SE who's scenery is not so complex.

Methinks the youngsters have forgotten that it's actually only a game, one from a defunct gaming studio & one from a gaming distributor.

Sigh, the days of green wireline graphics, and only one Pit stop. Not forgetting loading off floppy disks. What an upgrade when stiffie disks came out.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I think you still did not get the point. It is useless to show screenshots from inside FSX:SE without comparing it to FSX. As a matter of fact, to show you what I mean, here a screenshot I took from Aerosoft Heathrow Scenery with 50% AI traffic (UT2), REX soft clouds, REX Essential Overdrive, FTX Global, FTX Vector, SceneryTech Landclass, bad rainy weather theme and pretty high settings. I got 30 FPS by flying above EGLL in those conditions, and even if it is only in the VC of the Robinson, what does that prove? Right, nothing, as it is not compared to FSX:SE...

So, I appreciate your efforts showing that you get good FPS with FSX:SE, but without comparison, they do not help that much in this discussion, as you can get good FPS easily as well with FSX.

Why are you still confusing me with the guy who did the comparison videos?! I'm not comparing frame rates! I am not doing comparisons whatsoever! I'm not trying to prove FSX:SE runs better! When did I ever try to make a solid comparison?

Someone claimed FSX:SE purposely killing off AI, clouds, and autogen. So I posted screenshots of what? A multitude of AI. A multitude of clouds. And a multitude of autogen. I have nothing to do with FSX and FSX:SE comparisons. Everybody is going to have different experiences with their own frame rate comparisons so I won't waste the forum's bandwidth on that point.

However, ridiculous claims about FSX:SE taking the butcher's knife to AI, autogen, and cloud density...that's just a little too far-fetched for me.

Multitude is an ambiguous statement. Has anyone acctually done a count of how much autogen inhabits a cell in both versions? Does anyone acctually know what a cell is? If you answered no to both questions then I'm afraid my conclusion is, its all speculation and here say. Just saying and asking

What is a "cell"?

Multitude is an ambiguous statement. Has anyone acctually done a count of how much autogen inhabits a cell in both versions? Does anyone acctually know what a cell is? If you answered no to both questions then I'm afraid my conclusion is, its all speculation and here say. Just saying and asking

I had 100 AI tubeliners going at it at Heathrow. I'm going to retract the word multitude and just go with crapload.

Disclaimer: AI counts provided by freeware AI traffic manager.

An autogen texture applies to 1.2km squared. Opening the texture sheets in the Autogen Annotator will show how many objects (trees/buildings) have been applied.

I had 100 AI tubeliners going at it at Heathrow. I'm going to retract the word multitude and just go with crapload.

Disclaimer: AI counts provided by freeware AI traffic manager.

Lol!  Give up Daniel!  I'm on your side on this one...  It's not worth it.  Go fly and enjoy what you have bro!  :)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Methinks the youngsters have forgotten that it's actually only a game, one from a defunct gaming studio & one from a gaming distributor.

Sigh, the days of green wireline graphics, and only one Pit stop. Not forgetting loading off floppy disks. What an upgrade when stiffie disks came out.

I remember those days..........................in the foggiest parts of my brain, playing on a works computer, at lunch time when the boss was out to lunch!! LoL!!!

I haven't had a stiffie in years.....Oh, for the days of FS2.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Even if they perform exactly the same, I like the SE because I don't have to drag out my DVDs to do an install, or "activate" it. I simply click install and there it goes from a nice off-site backup location. And they seem to be listening to user input and making whatever tweaks are possible.

Not bad for $5.

I haven't had a stiffie in years.....

You almost made me spit the sip of coffee I just took onto my tablet, hahaha.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator