Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

PMDG 777 Product update question

Mark, Full names on posts in the PMDG forums. Thank you.

Be sure you're not ignoring OC updates, of which there have been two recently.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't have FSX-SE, so don't want to install update, so I check "Ignore update" (then press OK button of course) in Operation Center - for both FSX and FSX-SE versions... by the way I don't understand why there are two updates if fix is for SE users.

Anyway... when I close OC and open it again, there are still two notifications exist. Why? I don't want them...

Lucas

Mark, Full names on posts in the PMDG forums. Thank you.

Be sure you're not ignoring OC updates, of which there have been two recently.

Wish it was that simple! OC won't update here - having timeouts all the time when OC is attempting to download the update. No good! 

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Sounds like you have a firewall blocking the OC from communicating.  Submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support and they'll help you out with this one.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sounds like you have a firewall blocking the OC from communicating.  Submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support and they'll help you out with this one.

You're damn right! Norton has suddenly started to see dangers everywhere - I've had it with them!..gotta find a new concept!!! PMDG not to blame here.

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Can the OC be updated to latest version without updating to the SP1d version of the T7 ? Or, is the

OC update process independent of the T7 update process ?

May be wrong, butt seems like those close to PMDG may be assuming that all of us are intuitively

grasping much more than we are grasping with regard to SPs, updates, reinstalls, etc. What's necessary,

what's not necessary > and if it's necessary, how is it most easily accomplished ? Perhaps a new sticky

is in order here... Or..

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Can the OC be updated to latest version without updating to the SP1d version of the T7

Yes, for example if there were an update only for the OC then it would only do that process.... and in fact this has happened numerous times since introduction.

Also, OC provides version checks for itself and each installed product.  That should reduce questions along that line.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Dan.

Not sure if SP1d is good for my install. I've been pretty happy

the way things are (with 1c). I don't do "Steam" > `cept when

the wife agratizes me ~:)

Ken

Ken Boardman

Thank you Dan.

Not sure if SP1d is good for my install. I've been pretty happy

the way things are (with 1c). I don't do "Steam" > `cept when

the wife agratizes me ~:)

Ken

Best to keep on being updated, in proper shape for next update!

SP1d works brilliant on my FSX and didn't screw up my settings - didn't even had to update liveries.

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

I totally agree to keep on being updated, Phillip. But for me, the T7 is working perfectly with SP1c and afraid to mess things up. Can you please tell me how you did the update without getting the settings messed up and with all the liveries preserved? Is it by simply uninstalling using the control panel and reinstalling with the latest installer?

Apologies if this has been answered before!

Thank you so much in advance!

Marc

Hi Guys,

The SP1d brought more stability and improvements over prior Flight Dynamics Engine, FDE. 

The Fly By Wire system now works better then before.....the pitch control and pitch trim is more real.

Have a nice flights !

Hi Guys,

The SP1d brought more stability and improvements over prior Flight Dynamics Engine, FDE.

The Fly By Wire system now works better then before.....the pitch control and pitch trim is more real.

Have a nice flights !

Nobody from PMDG mentioned this?

Nobody from PMDG mentioned this?

Ok....

Looking at log change in PMDG Operations Center PMDG 777 FSX changelog.... we see :  Various changes to improve stability, speed and compatibility with FSX-SE. It seems that this statement refers only FSX-SE....but I have felt a huge improvement on PMDG 777 FDE.

Warmly,

Marco Aurélio

Ok....

Looking at log change in PMDG Operations Center PMDG 777 FSX changelog.... we see :  Various changes to improve stability, speed and compatibility with FSX-SE. It seems that this statement refers only FSX-SE....but I have felt a huge improvement on PMDG 777 FDE.

Warmly,

Marco Aurélio

I think that refers to the system performance, system stability etc, not the flight dynamics. I've noticed zero difference in FSX. 

Hi everyone,

i'm owner of the DVD version of the T7.

I tried to update:

PMDG CD/DVD CUSTOMERS

This update is not yet available.  We are working on a solution for CD/DVD customers.

So, what can i do?

Greetings Joachim

Regards Joachim