Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

PMDG 777 Product update question

Hi everyone,

i'm owner of the DVD version of the T7.

I tried to update:

PMDG CD/DVD CUSTOMERS

This update is not yet available.  We are working on a solution for CD/DVD customers.

So, what can i do?

Greetings Joachim

Sit tight and wait a bit longer. PMDG are working on updates for the DVD version.

I think that refers to the system performance, system stability etc, not the flight dynamics. I've noticed zero difference in FSX. 

OK .

I totally agree to keep on being updated, Phillip. But for me, the T7 is working perfectly with SP1c and afraid to mess things up. Can you please tell me how you did the update without getting the settings messed up and with all the liveries preserved? Is it by simply uninstalling using the control panel and reinstalling with the latest installer?

Apologies if this has been answered before!

Thank you so much in advance!

Marc

No! Most definitely not, in that way you'll loose all saved settings, etc.

Download the installer and do a "repair" install.  

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Good Day Gentlemen,

I have just tried to run both installers for T7 after downloading the installer from my PMDG download page. I got the "repair" "remove" option, chose "repair" and got a message saying repair was not avaiable. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Chris Oakes

I had an issue with the B777-300ER version, where the "Repair" option copied the new updated files to the C:\ rootdrive instead of into my Fligh Simulator X folder.

The fix was to uninstall the 777-300 and re-install with the new version.

So to be save, better check Your C:\ for any PMDG folders and files, cause that might indicate a faulty repair.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

cause that might indicate a faulty repair.

...or a bad registry.

Kyle Rodgers

...or a bad registry.

I guess not....

Cause then the "Repair" I did for the B777-200LR should have caused the same issue - right ?

I can tell that it repaired the B777-200LR just fine before I did the B777-300ER repair.

Finn Jacobsen

I can tell that it repaired the B777-200LR just fine before I did the B777-300ER repair.

The installers reference the registry. In theory, this would be the same spot. Something must've been off on your system, else it would've installed in the proper directory.

Kyle Rodgers

Cause then the "Repair" I did for the B777-200LR should have caused the same issue - right ?

Not necessarily, because it has its own reference in the registry. If that was missing or corrupted, "repair" might not know where to put the new files and revert to FSX defaults.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Nevertheless.....

I found and fixed this issue myself.

I simply posted here to make other aware that hough they might think they have properly updated, they infact did not.

Note that the OP center reported both the B777-200 and B777-300 as fully uptodate, though the files where copied to my C:/ drive, so the OP center does not check for proper path seemingly.

Just see this as a headsup for all to check that they infact did update properly. This can/could prevent false bugreports.

Finn Jacobsen

So when is this update going to be available to those of us that bought the 777 on disc? It's August now, you've had 6 months, get your bloody finger out or give me my money back!

So when is this update going to be available to those of us that bought the 777 on disc? It's August now, you've had 6 months, get your bloody finger out or give me my money back!

Rob,

If I may try to help you here, refer to this thread, where it is discussed about how to get an update for PMDG products purchased outside of PMDG:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464170-how-can-i-get-the-pmdg-spd1-as-box-version-owner-of-amazon/

If you bought your boxed version from PMDG, just log in to your account and you can download the digital update.  If you bought it elsewhere, the chances are great that the discs came from Aerosoft, so this may be where you need to go to get the update.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

You've really spammed the forums as much as you could, assuming you can't yet update, instead of asking how to. Not so well done, IMO ...

http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show&products=1029