Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[07FEB15] PMDG 777-200LR/F & 300ER for P3D Released!

Philipp-

The FSX/FSX-SE version that updates to include the weather radar is being wrapped up this week.  The P3D version will probably beat it to market by a few days?  Hard to say- as they are running on different rails at different speeds at the moment.

Thank you Robert! 

Very cool.... Will we get a new dowload link for a new, updated installer of the NGX? I´m so happy^^....

Philipp-

The FSX/FSX-SE version that updates to include the weather radar is being wrapped up this week.  The P3D version will probably beat it to market by a few days?  Hard to say- as they are running on different rails at different speeds at the moment.

Thank you Robert! 

Very cool.... Will we get a new dowload link for a new, updated installer of the NGX? I´m so happy^^....

Brandon-

The expectation is that a single license will carry you through all minor P3D v2.x and v3.x updates.  We can't really see beyond the 3.x event horizon just yet- so I don't want to comment on anything over that horizon- but it puts any further requirements a couple years out based on our own estimates of LM's progress.

Obviously we cannot offer a license into infinity, as we wouldn't be able to reasonably maintain continued development that way- but I anticipate seeing x64 arrive with P3D v3.0... 

The license cost in P3D will go up rather significantly for new entrants once we hit v3.x and x64 compatibility...  Which is why we are offering the promotional pricing now...

Does that answer your question?

Yes that does! So buying the 777 and 737 for P3D will get us through at least V3 of P3D. And maybe 4 years down the road when they release V4, we may need to pay again for the product? Or perhaps a small upgrade fee, since its the same platform but different patch? 

*flies around with a smile on face*   Ahhhhhh... so glad I never bought this airplane on that antiquated rusty platform so I don't have to waste energy whining about how normal commercial business practice is harming the global environment and warming up the planet and melting ice caps.  Also, those planes that got 'ported' over for free/small fee from other manufacturers are no where near the same quality as PMDG imo.  Even the mighty Aerosoft Airbus Expanded package falls short in several places for me.   FSX/FSX:SE is NOT P3D and P3D is NOT FSX.   I don't really care if they both got their origins in ESP.   The ESP of old has mutated into a new beast, one that requires no tweaking, no Fiber Accelerator add-ons, doesn't explode the VAS in the first 10 minutes of flying and requires no DLL fixes, DX10 fixes or any other non-sense.    I turn it on.  I file a flight plan.  I go!   That right there is worth the expense!   I don't have to dye my hair anymore to get the grey ones out from stressing over whether my FSX is going to make it to the destination airport.

Great work PMDG!   Thanks for the price break too.  Grabbed base and expansion package.   Looking forward to finally being able to fly my beloved 737NGX again in a superior simulation environment.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Robert, thank you to you and your team for the hard work which you guys put into your products. The aircraft runs very smoothly in P3D. Even paying in my South African Rands will gladly invest in your products! This is a great day! Will the product be compatible with P3D v2.5 or will we require an update to the installer?

Robert, thank you to you and your team for the hard work which you guys put into your products. The aircraft runs very smoothly in P3D. Even paying in my South African Rands will gladly invest in your products! This is a great day! Will the product be compatible with P3D v2.5 or will we require an update to the installer?

Peter-

SA, ah?  You should appreciate seeing the SA flag on the side of the PMDG house livery. One of our number hails from same.

We have not seen v2.5 so I cannot comment on whether it will be compatible upon first installation, but if it is not we will make it so.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Rob any news for the 747-V2 please?

Many thanks

Mo

Mo45

Can we make a separate topic here on avsim called "PMDG 777 P3D for Whiners" so that those of us that are sick of hearing this and just want interesting posts about the A/C can follow a particular forum without 98% of that being all these people crying over the price?

I wish it would have been cheaper for FSX owners too, but it's not.  It is what it is.  This is the price.  You either buy it, or you don't.  Constantly complaining about it isn't going to do anything...IT IS WHAT IT IS!!

+++1. Well stated. Get with it. PMDG are not in the business to do charity, past customers or not. I fly Emirates several times a year; I have accumulated lots of AirMiles/Awards with them, but I don't get a cheap flight in 2015 just because I am a customer of theirs since 2003!

Mo-

Unfortunately my time has almost completely consumed with the FSX:SE conversion, so I haven't been making good progress on the 400 of late.

I would estimate the SE conversion will have pushed the 400 back 4-6 weeks by the time this is finished... 

Once I get back to "normal ops" I expect we will push another update out pretty quickly!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Ok, will not talk about pricing, but I fear one thing, that after the P3D versions are out, they will get more and more features and bugs corrections, while the FSX version will remain behind. The concept of "move ahead" will force people to buy the P3D version because it will have bugs fixed and more features than the FSX one. For example, the FSX version has a bug in the go around thrust logic, I hope it will be corrected both in the FSX and in the P3D versions, so that they proceed in parallel. I bought the 777 few months ago and for the moment I am ok with it, I don't want to switch to P3D now only because of some more eye candies and later because the FSX version is left behind!

James Goggi

Mo-

Unfortunately my time has almost completely consumed with the FSX:SE conversion, so I haven't been making good progress on the 400 of late.

I would estimate the SE conversion will have pushed the 400 back 4-6 weeks by the time this is finished... 

Once I get back to "normal ops" I expect we will push another update out pretty quickly!

Many thanks for the answer. All the best.

Mo

Mo45

Gotta love FSX!

I do Ollie.  I'll be paying $135 for the 777 should I decide to switch to P3D.  Meanwhile, waiting for the FSX 744v2 yeeeeee haaaaaaaaa 

Chris Sunseri

Hello:

Thanks for a job well done, I have the 737 and I´m very satisfied with the preparation of this software.

I recently purchased the X Plane 10, although I can not comment much on it. Iwonder if they´ll throw some product for x plane and review offers. As I vatch you will see more future to P3D .

Thank you very much and congratulations on a great product.

Does anyone have FS2Crew installed right now for P3D version?  If so, how did you do it?  Just install and point at P3D directory?  Use migration tool?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

FS2Crew installed and working fine for me (used Estonia migrator tool)

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Does anyone have FS2Crew installed right now for P3D version?  If so, how did you do it?  Just install and point at P3D directory?  Use migration tool?

You must be very impatient waiting to use FS2Crew for this as you asked Bryan the question, and his replies to you and others have indicated pretty soon.probably next week, and it will be a free update. So, why would you want to go the Migration Tool route?