Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX P3D - Part II

+ = - time availability x 10 + super delicious home cooked  meals(wife behind me reading as i type )- Wendy's old unhealthy delicious fries  to go with my spicy chicken sandwich with extra mayo (I should sue them for this)= well, to put it simply no more night runs anywhere for that matter, as i also have to put the kids to sleep.

Haha - I'm missing the wife/girlfriend part of that equation, so I had to scrounge tonight since I didn't have much time to make a proper dinner for myself.

That being said, I did have the privilege of having one of my friends cook dinner for me on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure part of the reason was that I came through in a clutch situation last Friday and was able to fly her and her friend up to PHL with about a 2 hour notice, but still. That was an epic trip. Got the text at 1000. Had them meet me at my place at 1400. Left JYO at 1655. Got to PHL at 1748. Managed to get a Philly Cheesesteak after dropping them off downtown to head out on the town. Left PHL at 0425. Got to JYO at 0553. Epic night...haha.

Kyle Rodgers

It was actually simple when I thought about it - Kyle suggesting it would show better on a video as well as the fact that raster sweep was introduced when the 777 got WXR, made it a logical choice.

And also the motionless sweep for both WXR and TERR when the aircraft is not moving :P I will admit - I jumped up in excitement while forgetting I had a mug in my hand when I read the PM saying "your request made it in". Luckily my Razer has a keyboard cover.....

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

:Praying: PMDG wants to kill me....  :Praying: PMDG wants to kill me .... 

Haha. Obviously  :ph34r:

Philipp Schwaegerl

Trying to find out what is the effect and still haven't seen it! Could someone explain what is the ''terrain raster sweep effect'' ?

PS. I hope there will be no preview part III :)

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Trying to find out what is the effect and still haven't seen it! Could someone explain what is the ''terrain raster sweep effect'' ?

PS. I hope there will be no preview part III :)

If you have the 777 you will understand - it is basically a sweeping effect as the radar and display processor sweep from side to side. It updates in a vaguely pie-shaped wedge.

If you have the 777 you will understand - it is basically a sweeping effect as the radar and display processor sweep from side to side. It updates in a vaguely pie-shaped wedge.

Yes, I have the 777...Thank's I got it.. :smile:

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Haha - I'm missing the wife/girlfriend part of that equation, so I had to scrounge tonight since I didn't have much time to make a proper dinner for myself.

That being said, I did have the privilege of having one of my friends cook dinner for me on Tuesday. I'm pretty sure part of the reason was that I came through in a clutch situation last Friday and was able to fly her and her friend up to PHL with about a 2 hour notice, but still. That was an epic trip. Got the text at 1000. Had them meet me at my place at 1400. Left JYO at 1655. Got to PHL at 1748. Managed to get a Philly Cheesesteak after dropping them off downtown to head out on the town. Left PHL at 0425. Got to JYO at 0553. Epic night...haha.

Fly down to KTRI one day if you get bored, we'll talk on the radio that's where I work. Beautiful area if you've never flown around there before!

Fly down to KTRI one day if you get bored, we'll talk on the radio that's where I work. Beautiful area if you've never flown around there before!

Nice. Yeah. I need to make it down to more southwest VA destinations. I'm planning on flying down to KEBD soon because it seems a little like a bridge to nowhere to me.

Kyle Rodgers

Why does it say on product page, that you need FSX to install?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Why does it say on product page, that you need FSX to install?

There aren't any public - that is to say, linked without either modifying a URL, or searching google - webpages for the P3D NGX. That said (and the fact that the product pages are missing the product graphic), it's safe to say that the pages aren't going to be up to date an accurate until they're all linked properly like the other products that are ready for, or have been released.

The purchase page also shows the price as up in the millions...

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the nice picture quiz and the video! I noticed one thing by the way:

Spliced right into the middle of that time lapse is about a minute of 6400x speed (rendered in my video editor - not sim-based) shadowplay:

I think you mean 6400% which would equal 64x and show shadowplay of about 1 hour during that 1 minute part of your video. (15 DEG earth rotation) :p0310:

(6400x would have shown exactly 4 earthdays in one minute...)   :p0311:

So far, I've been up since about 0730 my time and have only taken a break for about 30 minutes to run up the road and get some fast food for dinner. We're all working really hard to get this thing out the door to you all sooner rather than later.

At least you had a little walk that way... B)

Your hard work is greatly appreciated and I am very much looking forward to all the exciting updates!  :yahoo: