Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[05MAR15] PMDG 737NGX Versions for FSX/FSX-SE & P3D Released

Does this item mean the transponder in the NGX will work hand-in-hand with the vPilot transponder 'out-of-the-box' without the need of any LUA scripts?

- 0003534: [General - Unsure] Transponder panel integration with SquawkBox/vPilot (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.

Yep. Just ensure you have FSUIPC installed (doesn't need to be registered - it's a requirement for vPilot, though, as Ross Carlson pointed out when I noticed that it wasn't working at first).

Kyle Rodgers

Yep. Just ensure you have FSUIPC installed (doesn't need to be registered - it's a requirement for vPilot, though, as Ross Carlson pointed out when I noticed that it wasn't working at first).

Thanks, this is really great news!

I start to like this update more and more even before I actually tried it out :wink:

Just a suggestion, wouldn't it be a good thing to pin a post in the NGX forum about this latest SP1d update?

I think many NGX pilots go to the NGX subforum first to find important information related to the NGX myself included and currently the 2:nd pinned post from the top in the NGX forum reads...

04MAR12: SP1c Released for full NGX product range.

Seems a bit dusty to me.

Richard Åsberg

Had an amazing landing at Bergen last night in FSX SE and the NGX SP1d. Zero viz, major rainstorm, the aircraft bucking and rolling all over the place and the weather radar screaming "Monitor Radar Display, Windshear Ahead" It was quite hairaising as I came in sideways! Immense fun............Go around?...Where's the fun in that.. :wink:

Yeah, I know what you mean.  The immersion level just went up several notches.  I flew through cyclone Pam at the weekend  :wacko: 

Had an amazing landing at Bergen last night in FSX SE and the NGX SP1d. Zero viz, major rainstorm, the aircraft bucking and rolling all over the place and the weather radar screaming "Monitor Radar Display, Windshear Ahead" It was quite hairaising as I came in sideways! Immense fun............Go around?...Where's the fun in that.. :wink:

Rain on the West Coast of Norway in the beginning of the year??? No...  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Any word on the DVD customers update?

If there were, it would be stickeyed at the top of the General Support forum.

Please sign your posts per forum rules as well.

Kyle Rodgers

Being new to the Operations Center (superb tool btw, great idea PMDG!) I have a quick question regarding the performance settings for the NGX.

I see I can pick high or low resolution v/c textures but what exactly will that do? If I pick high does that mean I always will have to make sure the TML setting in fsx.cfg isn't reset back to 1024?

Tried finding the answer to this in both the NGX doc as well as the OC doc but might have missed it.

And yet another question. I have fully accurate and verified airline options configuration for LN-RRH.

Is there a way for me to share that info so it can be included with the aircraft model when downloaded via OC?

Richard Åsberg

I see I can pick high or low resolution v/c textures but what exactly will that do? If I pick high does that mean I always will have to make sure the TML setting in fsx.cfg isn't reset back to 1024?

As far as I know, none of our products ever touch the FSX.cfg. I believe the different options are just changing the bitmaps used in our VC.

Is there a way for me to share that info so it can be included with the aircraft model when downloaded via OC?

support.precisionmanuals.com

Kyle Rodgers

As far as I know, none of our products ever touch the FSX.cfg. I believe the different options are just changing the bitmaps used in our VC.

support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Richard Åsberg

Thank You Captain Rob. I have purchased the P3D version, but I also have FSX SE with the DX10 fixer, and what a surprise to find I now have cockpit shadows in the NGX now. Many thanks for that.

Julian Evans

May I ask you if you changed anything to get the cockpit shadows? For instance, the DX10SF doc speaks about a setting called ForceVCShadowMap=1 that goes under the Display section in fsx.cfg. Do you know if this one is required to get the shadows in the NGX?

Richard Åsberg

Hi Richard,

Yes, it is.

Edit: Plus, I *think* that "Aircraft casts shadow on itself" (or whatever the option is called in English - I have a German version of FSX) must be enabled in the FSX settings as well.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Thanks Stefan, found the info over in the DX10 official support forum.

Can hardly believe we finally have v/c shadows in the NGX, almost feels like a late Christmas gift :smile:

Richard Åsberg

I can just say Thank You PMDG Team!! Installed P3D V2.5, Installed ORBX scenery, Installed Active Sky Next, Installed both 737 NGX Base & Expansion packages all on a 4 year old ASUS G73JW Series gaming laptop and really not a single hiccup and I'm running all of this on Windows 8.1 Pro. Did the tutorial flight from EGKK - EHAM twice with different weather conditions and what a thrill!! Frame rates not so bright 12-15fps but still flyable.

So, I don't know if I am just lucky but this is really awesome. It can only get better!

Well done guys!!

After 4 years still no support for the FlyEngravity CDU...

Jon

So err.. Its this time last week....

Jack Cannon