Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[05MAR15] PMDG 737NGX Versions for FSX/FSX-SE & P3D Released

Captains-

A short time ago we made available all of the updates we have pending for the PMDG 737NGX product lines.

PMDG 737NGX for FSX and FSX-SE:

This version is 1.10.6436 and we otherwise call it SP1d.

This is a VERY big update for the NGX series of products, which turn 4 years old in just a couple of months, and we are confident that it will breathe new energy into this, one of our favorite products!

There are so many changes that had to be made in order to make this product compatible with both FSX and FSX-SE at the same time that we had to toss out the previous installer and give you an entire new one.  This new installer, like it's big brother from the 777 will allow you to install the NGX into either FSX, FSX-SE or BOTH at the same time.  It is entirely up to you!

There is no "patch" installer for this update, as the update is too comprehensive and covers too many changes.  Unfortunately this does servce as a bit of a knee-knocker for our customers on DVD and who have downloaded via Aerosoft- but we anticipate that by next week we will have the final details ironed out with Aerosoft to get you all taken care of. Give us just a bit more patience and we will publish the information you need to update your DVD or Aerosoft download version.

For those customers who purchased directly from PMDG, simply log into your PMDG eCommerce account and download the NGX.

PMDG 737NGX for Prepar3D:

Ah... at LAST....

Thank you to all of our Prepar3D customers for waiting so long for this release.  We know you guys have been waiting (literally!) for years- and it is nice to finally deliver what we promised back in 2012.

This release is compatible with P3D v2.2-v2.5.

For those wondering, we intend to continue making it compatible as further versions of P3D roll out.  Our hope is that somewhere in v3.x we will see an x64 version and then we can convert this one over for you.

Some folks have expressed concern about whether they should grab this version or "wait until an x64 version is available."  If you are concerned, please don't be.  Our current expectation is that you will get an optional x64 at some point during the P3D v3.x development cycle.  If they roll x64 to v4.x... then we will roll right along with them.

As we did with the PMDG 777 Series, we are offering temporary price matching to the FSX product line for a month- then the price will increase- so if you are thinking of getting Prepar3D someplace down the road, now is probably the time to do it because the price will go up on 06APR15.

For Everyone:

Take some time to go into the Operations Center and look around at the liveries section.  We added a little gift to the NGX as a thank you for all of your support during the past 17 years that we have been making expansions for various flight simulators.

You will know what it is when you see it...   Something a bit different than your average passenger carrying 737...

Happy flying everyone- i need to go and clear my driveway of snow!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Awesome Robert. Thank you very very much for the NGX in P3D. :) In a couple of minutes I will enjoy this beauty. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

So does this mean that one should completely uninstall the previous version before installing this new version? Or can the installer be run on top of an existing installation?

Dave

Dave Paige

Any change log RSR? Thanks a lot for this the NGX is pretty much the only thing I've flown in FSX for 4 years!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thank You Captain Rob. I have purchased the P3D version, but I also have FSX SE with the DX10 fixer, and what a surprise to find I now have cockpit shadows in the NGX now. Many thanks for that.

Julian Evans

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Dave-

Do whatever you like.  The installer is pretty smart and if you have a simple install it will handle it with aplomb.  If it cannot- it will tell you what to do.

We are trying to make stuff smarter to make it easier on you.

No matter what you do- run the OC...  then exit the OC... that will ensure you have latest backups of all your liveries.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

thank you Robert and crew. Its an absolute pleasure being a customer of yours!

Rich

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Must have missed something because when i download the ngx its the same old one  no update at all. Any help thx 

Thanks for the clarification on P3D updates. As I see no new sim as of this moment, I guess it would be prudent to purchase now and save a few dollars for aircraft that I'll buy anyway.

The OC is awesome BTW.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Hi Robert,

I don't have the OC as I don't own the 777 but I do already have backups of my favorite liveries. But thanks I'll just try installing over the old installation and see what happens. And, as always, thanks so much for all the great work.

Dave

Dave Paige

Thanks heaps Robert and team, you have made my weekend!!

SOLD

Happy days

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip