Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[05MAR15] PMDG 737NGX Versions for FSX/FSX-SE & P3D Released

I have a weird problem with the Poseidon - the engines are running, but the fans in spot view are at a standstill. Also encountered a weird problem with installing the repaint in the OC - it asked me if I wanted to overwrite something because it already existed. 

So do I just download the PMDG 737NGX Base Package? And I'm good to go?

Yes correct  you can either use the repair option or  do the uninstall/ reinstall option if  the repair option doesn't  work.

Just a reminder its a requirement in the pmdg forum to sign your full name to your posts otherwise you run the risk of your posts being  deleted. Juts add it  to your signature block than saves you typing it  all the time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Has anyone noticed that the tail strobe on the 737-700 winglet variant is several feet behind the aircraft. It's probably at the -800s strobe position. Any way to fix this or will it need an update?

Dave

Dave Paige

More questions.

What about my AOA saved flights?  Will they still work.  I bought the AOA course and it comes with a lot of saved flights I use, will this mess things up?

Will I have to re-download all my liveries?

I'm being asked right now to delete orphaned files.  I'm going to go ahead as I guess it doesn't need them, this per the OC.

Jack Sawyer

What about my AOA saved flights?  Will they still work.  I bought the AOA course and it comes with a lot of saved flights I use, will this mess things up?

Try them.

Will I have to re-download all my liveries?

If you uninstall/reinstall, which is what I'd recommend. The OC caches the liveries though, so once you download it, it'll hang out in the background for quick subsequent installs.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Ryan,

So far so good.

I uninstalled like I said above, then I installed the base and the 600/700.

Then I ran the OC and then rebooted.

Then I ran the OC again and downloaded all the liveries I wanted.

Then I ran the sim and said yes to the gauges questions.

But it's a good thing I actually typed out ALL the settings because they were all wrong for my liking.   So I set them up like I had them, for only one plane so far, and it's good.

I was concerned about saved flights, will it load saved flights?

I'm about to install the AOA liveries as I need them for the AO video tutorials.

One last thing, it never asked me for my registration numbers, is this normal?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm an extreme newbie unlike you guys.  

So I have the AOA liveries with a .ptp.  Where do I place them or do I use the livery installer to install them?

Jack Sawyer

So far so good.

Good! It's what we use when changing between beta builds, so it should work for everyone.

One last thing, it never asked me for my registration numbers, is this normal?

Yes. It would only ask you for those again if you'd reformatted your hard drive or similar.

Kyle Rodgers

I added to my post, where and how do I place the AOA liveries?  They end with a .ptp.

I cannot for the life of me figure out where they go or how to install them.  I'd really like them for the AOA tutorials.

Jack Sawyer

Awesome news!

Can't wait to get back home and take her for a spin (if we can get out of the East Coast snow carpet 2moro).

Rob, if you're done shovelling your driveway do you mind clearing up the active at JFK too?

I added to my post, where and how do I place the AOA liveries?  They end with a .ptp.

I cannot for the life of me figure out where they go or how to install them.  I'd really like them for the AOA tutorials.

The OC comes with a manual, but for your convenience:

1. Start OC
  2. Click "Please Select a Product" and select that aircraft you want to install a livery in
  3. Click Livery Manager
  4. Click on the green + icon over on the right where it says "Click to Add"
  5. Navigate to wherever you've placed the .ptp file

Kyle Rodgers

Update went great, flying first test flight now from JNU to ANC. Radar is up an running! Only item I've noticed is that I get a FUEL and ANTI-ICE warning when I do a recall of the caution and warning system. No fuel or anti-ice lights on the overhead, no config issues not I know of. Did a uninstall prior to the installation. Running on FSX.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Update went great, flying first test flight now from JNU to ANC. Radar is up an running! Only item I've noticed is that I get a FUEL and ANTI-ICE warning when I do a recall of the caution and warning system. No fuel or anti-ice lights on the overhead, no config issues not I know of. Did a uninstall prior to the installation. Running on FSX.

Panel state issue. I'm guessing you're in FSX:SE?

Kyle Rodgers

Panel state issue. I'm guessing you're in FSX:SE?

No sir, running FSX.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

No sir, running FSX.

As part of your uninstall/reinstall, did you delete the NGX folder in the PMDG folder of the FSX directory (if that's confusing have a look at the pinned thread at the top of the Gen forum).

Kyle Rodgers