Sign in to follow this  
Chri

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

I used to play with this setting back in 2.2 and didn't find any measurable difference. Then I asked about it in LM's forum but didn't get an answer.

It seems if you do not use a complicated and resource hungry plane like PMDG, the OP=1 doesn't help much.
I tested it with a very dense scenery but with a simple plane with simple panel. There was no difference...

Potroh

Gave me a nice boost as well. Will be interesting to find out exactly what it does.

At my test location, FSDT LSZH, with PMDG 777 I went from high 20's to about mid 30's in FPS.  (about 29FPS to 35)  No increase in VAS, at least not while sitting at gate.

I still have to run a 777 flight to check smoothness and texture loading.  There has got to be a cost........right?!!  

I was going to ask about VAS. Better FPS does not necessarily translate to better VAS (eg, less OOMs), which is really my big problem at the moment.

But still worth testing.

I used to play with this setting back in 2.2 and didn't find any measurable difference. Then I asked about it in LM's forum but didn't get an answer.

It seems if you do not use a complicated and resource hungry plane like PMDG, the OP=1 doesn't help much.

I tested it with a very dense scenery but with a simple plane with simple panel. There was no difference...

Potroh

This is true.

In a Maul it does nothing, it's when you use a PMDG it works wonders.

Just did a flight from EGLL(aerosofts version 4gb) to FSDream team LSGG. 

EGLL was 30 fps (locked) never droped below. PMDG NG

No problems with ASN clouds set at 140miles, ground texture loading was normal.

Its a wonderful tweak.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I was curious about that because I don't use PMDG planes. But hey, even if it doesn't do nothing with simple planes, I will apply this tweak anyway just in case something not too simple comes along somehow. Better safe than sorry, specially since this tweak doesn't seem to hurt anything. Maybe it will also help with a plane like the Aerosoft Airbus. I see no reason to NOT use this tweak even if you don't use PMDG planes.

Contratulations Richard.  Join the club.  I'm on 1y1m, but that first 3 months was like the next 10 combined in learning curve.  It gets better and even more fun.  You'll learn soon enough n00b!

Thank you! Yeah, it's been a learning curve that's for sure. Trying to make him enjoy flight simming, though he seems more interested in the overhead lamp... 

I've done some more testing and it sure does make a difference. Enjoying a 6h flight between WSSS and RJGG in the PMDG 777. Smooth operations. Loving this tweak. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Thanks!!! Its works...

EIDW PMDG T777 at 27 to 43 fps...

Nice Tweak.

B)

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I'm seeing an increase of 10-12 FPS in the NGX...no induced stutters, no loss of smoothness (maybe a slight increase), no apparent loss of detail.  What on earth does this do?  Is Rob on vacation?

I'm cruising right now with a solid 50 FPS where before I would have about 38 with my settings.  I never lock frame rates.  Track IR users...this is the tweak for you.

Ryan

Do you use the Affinity mask tweak or is that not nescessary with OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1?

The AffinityMask setting is *absolutely necessary* if we have *HT enabled* on the CPU. The AM should be selected to restrict the first P3D thread to an LP on one core. For example, if we have 4 cores HT=On then we have 8LPs (logical processors) two to a core. In this case we would use, for example, an AM of 84 (01,01,01,00) the 0s and 1s represent the LPs and 1s are enabled LPs. We have restricted the use of each core to one LP, here we have also left one core to be used by other processes. Depending on how things run on the system we may find 168 (10,10,10,00) works better on 8LPs, which uses the alternate LPs on the cores, so it's worth trying certain similar variations.

I never lock frame rates.  Track IR users...this is the tweak for you.

With Unlimited setting the frame rate is dependent on the draw time per frame, so when we pan the view, the frame rate changes as we pan. Try it out, in the outside view keep panning in one direction, see how it speeds up and slows down depending on the complexity of the view. The best tweak for TIR users is to use a fixed fps setting, and if possible match that setting in NI. Using Unlimited fps with TIR I find the view lurches about and I cannot recommend it. As I said earlier, DX is optimised for fixed fps and was designed from the ground up to use a look ahead buffer.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

The AffinityMask setting is *absolutely necessary* if we have *HT enabled* on the CPU

+1

4 cores and HT on AM 84 for me works very well.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The AffinityMask setting is *absolutely necessary* if we have *HT enabled* on the CPU.

Where does this statement come from? LM stated multiple times that using the default setting with all cores turned on should yield the best results.

This is a quote from Beau Hollis of LM:

"While there are still likely some use cases that would benefit from a custom AM, we’ve tweaked things so that the default behavior should work well on any hardware. Custom masks are probably more likely to hurt performance than to help at this point, but there are always exceptions to every rule."

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Carlo,

Just do a fps test with AM added +4 fps i get by adding it. 

Worth a try, nothing to lose apart from 2 mins of your time :) 

The best tweak for TIR users is to use a fixed fps setting

Sorry I was referring to the tweak that increases frame rate for Track IR users...not locked vs. unlocked frames...I can see how what I wrote might be confusing.  With this tweak though I could lock my frame rates at about 10 FPS higher than without (if I locked my frame rate).

Ryan

"The AffinityMask setting is *absolutely necessary* if we have *HT enabled* on the CPU."

Where does this statement come from? LM stated multiple times that using the default setting with all cores turned on should yield the best results.

This is a quote from Beau Hollis of LM:

"While there are still likely some use cases that would benefit from a custom AM, we’ve tweaked things so that the default behavior should work well on any hardware. Custom masks are probably more likely to hurt performance than to help at this point, but there are always exceptions to every rule."

I think you'll find LM backtracked from that, and for good reason. Also it mentions nothing of HT. It takes less than minutes to establish the correctness of what I have stated about the AM with simple testing.

Sorry I was referring to the tweak that increases frame rate for Track IR users...not locked vs. unlocked frames...I can see how what I wrote might be confusing.  With this tweak though I could lock my frame rates at about 10 FPS higher than without (if I locked my frame rate).

Right on, if your GPU supports instancing then do the OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1 tweak.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com