Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Tom, I really hope you read this post.

I just have 2 things to say.

1.  I do admire the way you accept your situation.  By reading those lines I can only think that you have made peace with others and yourself.  And that, sir, deserves my respect and admiration.

2.  We never met.  And even though some small part of you hard work on the Flight sim community lies on my computer.  I can't count how many forums i have read or files downloaded.  But because of what you did, my flight simming experience is better.  so, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!  ^_^

Enjoy family, friends, delicious food, flight sim and all the other things that make us feel this life is worthy.  We all should do that.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Nick

Thanks Tom for opening the door, to the flightsim world to those of who werer lost trying to learn the quirks and basics of flying. I don't fit the normal demographics of the flightsim as I grew up an urban African-American, and flightsimming generally I never thought of, until a good friend of mine bought me FSX and pointed me towards AVSIM, I've been hooked ever since. Visiting this site 4-5 times a day is my daily routine. Your contribution has far reaching effects on my end, because now a great many of my friends are avid simmers,didnt say we were good pilots but we try. Your contribution and what you have done for the community will live on and continue to grow thanks to you for planting the seed. I wish you Godspeed and continued blessings on your journey of life.

I just have 2 things to say.

For just making your first post here on AVSIM, those were very kind comments indeed.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Tom, we met at the Wichita FANCON.  I have enjoyed your focus and dedication and efforts in this hobby for many years.  My prayer is that your last days are at peace and as pain free as possible.  Rest easy and know that those that follow will look to your legacy as a pattern for the future.

My thought and prayers go to you and your family. Be strong and fight!

Thanks for everything, I've been using AVSIM since 2005 and I am very grateful of what you with other people have built for the community.

Saludos from Santiago, Chile.

Nicolas Matus Sepulveda

My Specs: Windows 10 Pro 64x // Intel Core i7 4770K // 32GB @ 2400 Mhz Corsair Vengeance // Asus Maximus VI Extreme // NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI // 500GB SSD and 2 TB HDD // Prepar3D v5 // FlightSimLabs A320-X, CaptainSim 767 and PMDG 737NGX - 747 QOTSII  // My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vader7472 - My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/vader7472

I am totally shocked. I have no words.

Thank you for all your enthusiasm and the wonderful community platform you created and made possible for all the years.

Hopefully there will be some good fellows here able to continue what you have started for the coming generations...

Aviation simulation is a great hobby! Thank you for letting so many people share it around the world!

I hope the best for you and your family. May your time on this planet be as good as possible!

Wow Tom, I don't really know what to say. AVSIM has played a major role in my life for more than 10 years and I really don't think my interest in our hobby would have been the same if it wasn't for you and what you achieved with AVSIM.

Like everyone else I wish both you and your family the very very best Tom!!

Richard Åsberg

Tom, this is a real hard nut to bite.

Thank you for your open words, thank you for AVSIM.

As we here say: "Alles Gute, und herzliche Grüße aus Österreich!"

Richard Butej

I appreciate your effort to grow up this community, Sorry to hear that.
Never give up Tom.. praying for you 

May our Creator listen to all the prayers for you; Tom. 

Tom, never met you, never interacted with you, but I admire you. Thank you for AVSIM and all your time and talent. Don't throw in the towel yet, there are so many little known cancer therapies that can be miraculous. And if you are indeed cleared for final, have a great journey beyond this realm.

Peace

So sorry to hear Tom. Your work in the flight sim community over the years is unequaled.

Although we have never met in person, we did meet online when SATCO was formed many many years ago. You appointed me a Supervisor and the rest is history.

I hope you find much peace and comfort in the days to come.

Thanks again

Bill Raymond

Tom,

First of all, thank you. Thank you for everything that you have contributed to this hobby and passion of ours.

Second, I don't know how you are treating your illness or who you are consulting with, but I would strongly encourage you to go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for treatment.

I know personally that royalty from the Middle East found successful treatment there a few years ago. The Mayo Clinic is among the best clinics for oncology in the world.

I'm so saddened to learn of your failing health Tom. You and this website have meant so much to me throughout my life, although we've never met. I used to fly the JS3200 into CHO for ACA and always thought I might run into you. The only advice that I can offer is to keep battling this while I and others continue to keep you in our prayers.

Ryan Kelly

So sorry to hear the terrible news Tom.

I hope that you can find a way to beat this, and I hope you take all the time you need to do so and enjoy life.

Thank you so much for your countless contributions to this fantastic hobby of ours and for an amazing website that has given so much to so many.

All the best.

Scott