Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

Tom,

So sorry to hear the bad news.  I want to thank you for making avsim the site it is today.  Anytime I have a problem in flight simming, I can always find a solution here.  You've done a lot for all of us.  I hope you can spend a lot of time around friends and family.  Just seeing how you can still have a sense of humor at the end of your OP, proves that you are a very strong and kind soul.

Thanks again for your hard work and dedication to us simmers.

Tom,

I couldn't be more shocked after seeing your announcement on the front page. Without you and this site, I would have never expanded my simming hobby as I did. You will never be fully gone from this world, as your memory will always live on. I'll keep you in my prayers, and I hope your final days are the best they can be. Thank you for everything you've done for the simming community.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Tom,

Very sorry to hear about the bad news.  Thank you for making AVSIM, it is The FlightSim site, and an integral component for for any flight sim hobbyist. 

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Shocked,  but I hope and I pray for the best.

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Dear Tom,

all the best for you, your family and close friends. You are an example for many of us and we all owe you for your efforts building the avsim community.

I hope you will go in peace.

Flo

Peace be with you Tom. Thank you for building such a wonderful, sharing community which will be a part of your legacy and one to be so proud of.

Peter

To all of the participants within the AVSIM community.

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to you all.  Tom has been a pillar of the flight sim community, providing a service he loves to all of you.  We, his family appreciate all of your positive comments and heartfelt wishes for his recovery.  Keep flying, enjoy and keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

In great appreciation, to you all.

Denise Allensworth

So Sorry to hear this news as you have contribute so much to the Avsim site present, past or its future. My deepest prayers are with you Tom!

"Keep us in your thoughts and prayers"

Denise Allensworth

Always.

This comes in two parts; my health and the future of AVSIM to the community and our team of members, forum owners, etc.

First, my health… To state it directly; I am dying. I am dying from a carcinoma that started as a tumor in my stomach cavity that enwraps my stomach feeder vessels, kidneys, liver, the major blood vessels of the area and which are so embedded and wrapped around the maze of blood vessels and nerves that there is no cure except that of delay. The carcinoma has spread to most of my major organs. I have been given a pessimistic short 90 days of survival up to a lifetime number of 365 days.

Second, and most importantly, the future of AVSIM… The staff and I with others in the community are looking at the alternatives that will keep AVSIM alive and prospering for years to come despite / in spite of my missing good looks and glowing positive daily participation.

We will be expanding information on the future of AVSIM in the coming days.

This post has been promoted to an article

Tom you should be dying of old age not cancer ! Don't give up, start fighting !

If I was in your shoes I would start here !

A world without cancer:

https://youtu.be/JGsSEqsGLWM

Two: The Miracle Mineral Solution

http://miraclemineral.org/

Three: Healing Cancer from inside out

One more:

Google is your best friend !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I know that western medicine likes to think they know everything...but they give short prognoses all the time that turn out to be just plain wrong. I think cancer is a son of a b worth fighting against, although I'm not in your shoes and understand your position. 

Thanks for all you have done Tom, and I wish you well...literally.

Tom,

Like everyone else here, reading those words from you just floored me.  You are a cornerstone of the FS community - it wouldn't be what it is without Avsim, and you made Avsim happen.  Keep fighting the fight - you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Mark

Mark Lam

Very sorry to hear. I am more of a lurker than poster here, but I love coming to this site every day to check up on the latest X-Plane news. Thank you for this amazing community you've put together.

Godspeed.

We are all linked by this hobby. For some reason, it grabs us and won't let go. We sit alone doing our thing with simulated flight, spread out in our flight sim rooms dotted across the globe. You Tom, brought us together and gave us a voice. We still sit alone in front of our computers but were no longer alone.

Thank you