Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

There's no easy way to receive news like this. 

I hope you can get some comfort from the fact that strangers like me hold you in our prayers and wish you and your family the very best.

Your contribution to this silly old hobby of flight simming has had a positive effect on me and so many others , just by allowing our love of aviation to be extended through home computing.

Thankyou for everything you've done so far :)

Dennis C 

Tom my prayers for you and your family this is just horrible news words can not express  I'm honestly lost for words, Tom I pray  and hope that everything will be ok I lost my wife a few years ago,  avsim has been such a big part of my life and the contribution to this hobby and the love of aviation thank you for the hard work and dedication God bless you Tom.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I like so many on here am sorry to hear of this news that you will be leaving us to go that eternal sleep. May the rest of your life be happy & joyful along side your families making lasting memories that will keep your family going all the while you have left them. Prayers going up for a peaceful exit from this life & may you rest in eternal peace.  

I have trust in Tom that you picked the right people to keep this website going strong even after your gone.  Thanks for everything you have given us on AVSIM. Thanks for my 2nd chance on AVSIM Tom..  Even though I probably did deserve to remained Banned from it, you did give me another chance & I haven't forgotten that.. So thanks 

Wishing you well sir Tom.. One not sure really what to say to someone facing this only because everyone takes facing Death differently to each person.. So I hope It comes off wishing you the best sir in whatever happens after. 

Capt. Bill Brewer    

:p0503: 

Thanks for all you've done for this hobby.  You will be remembered forever.  Forever clear skies.

Blessings Tom!

Remember, God has a special plan for you, a special plan for everyone. We as humans sometimes live in storms, where everything goes out of control. But the Lord says: Be Not Afraid, Take Courage, It is i.

"Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor's crown." - Revelation 2:10

God Bless!

Thank you for everything Tom.

Never give up

Tom,

so hard to put words on such a text.

Avsim is one of the first sites i came to download freewares and read news about simulation.

Many thanks for the wonderfull work you've done during so many years.

It's time now to hang on a while with your family and beloved friends.

Avsim will continue, i've no doubt about it. And it can't be anymore you're priority.

But all of us here will miss you, and have a thought about you each time we will open the Avsim webpage.

Anyway, i wish you all the best, all my prayers to you and your family.

Tom,

The flightsim community of Avsim has solely kept my interest in flying and has given me a family that shares this passion .This could not have been done without you and your hard work. Thank you for everything and wish you the very best throughout your journey.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Tom,

You are so brave in sharing this with us. I am sure we all wish we could make it better.

Thanks for everything you have given to the FS community in the past and in the future with your legacy in AVSIM.

Best wishes and happy dreams from all at Mutley's Hangar.

Joe

I have no words, just sadness wrapped in anger.Thank you Tom my thoughts are with you.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Tom, I know that I can speak for all of the former MS Flight Sim Team when I offer my deepest condolences and my sincerest thanks for all that you have done for the Flight Simulation community.

-Roy McMillion

Tom,

I am speechless. I just cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear this news.

Please keep on trying, and do not give up. My father has fought through 2 bouts of Lymphoma in his 80's, no less. he is still with us and VERY active.

Needless to say that only the most positive thoughts of hope and prayer go out now to you and your family.

Thank you for devoting so much of your time and passion into the hobby and our community...I don't need to mention all the good that your work through Avsim has provided over the years. it was and always be VERY much appreciated.