Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

TOM ALLENSWORTH aka AVSIM...

Immortal, Invisible...

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Tom,

I am sorry to hear of the bad news. My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong and never give up and most of all, enjoy everyday left.

Brandon Gaumond

Tom,

In life we hope to touch many and so few get this opportunity. You have touched many for many years, I am sure that I am not alone visiting AVSIM everyday to stay connected to a hobby I love.  Your dedication and vision as enabled many to enjoy the freedom of flight without leaving their house.  You will be continually remembered by all those that walk the forum halls.  You have touched many and you will touch many others in the future.  What more can man want out of life....God Bless

Tom, words fail me....please know that you are one of the people who have kept me sim flying for years, and without you and the resources you have selflessly provided I would have long ago given up..

Your dedication and generosity to 10's of thousands of folks will always be the bar that sets the standard for others to achieve and will never be matched,

Please don't give up, doctors can be wrong and modern medicine can work miracles. Know that I and thousands of others have you in our thoughts and prayers and no matter the outcome you have secured your place in history.....hoping for your full recovery!

Jay

Difficult to find the right words for situations like this one. Thank you for all your work and dedication over the years.

Take care of yourself....as much as you possibly can.

Tom, sorry to hear this type of news....thanks for helping this community grow and stick together.

Cancer has been in my family for the past few years and I lost my aunt in December to breast

cancer, however NEVER give up. Enjoy time with your family and friends but don't give up and

do whatever you can to be healthy. Coming from a hispanic family, most of my family has beat

cancer just by living healthy and eating healthy. Im still young to know things, but one thing

you can do is eat and drink lots of green foods. Stay Strong and Thanks for your hard work!

We are all here to support you!  :p0502:  :smile:  :Applause:

Tom:

Thank-you, God Bless & God Speed.  God be with you and your family when you "reach out and touch the face of God."

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Perspective and priorities - these are the things that many of us must relearn when confronted by this kind of news, myself included. Mr. Allensworth is teaching us a valuable life lesson here by confronting adversity head-on, with grace and aplomb, Well done Sir! 

Stay the course. None of us are ever sure of where anything may yet lead...

Kindest regards,

Christopher Bybee

Tom

I don't even know what to say, i saw this message on facebook. I said omg what happen now. As i read the news i just froze. I don't even know where to start thanking you. In the past i had anxiety disorder i would often get panic attacks, something that i never had before. I was very confuse , didn't know what to do. My doctor told me to find something that i really enjoy doing to get my mind off what ever it is that's triggering these attacks. That is when i found AVSIM and my passion for aviation grew even further . It help me so much to a point that all those panic attack all went away.  What you created help many others  in all kind of ways. Thank you !!

Like they say in baseball : is not over until the fat lady sings

Keep fighting

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Tom

AVSIM has been one of the handful of sites that I periodically check, your contributions and dedication to the flight sim community are without par,

There are no words to convey how sorry I am, just hopping for a miracle.

Words cannot describe how heartbreaking this news are. Thank you so much for your dedication through all this years, I've been an Avsimer since the "old" site and have been witness of all your hard work and commitment to our hobby in its good and not-so-good times. I wonder if you are aware of the positive impact your legacy has had and will continue to have on us. 

Please focus all your energy in trying to overcome this challenge and spend your precious time with your loved ones. I'm sure the group of people you have assembled over the years to help with Avsim will do a great job while you fight this difficult, but not insurmountable battle.

Our prayers are with you, amigo. Keep the faith!.

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

Our prayers are with you, amigo. Keep the faith!.

-E

Just what I wanted to say.

Avsim is very important for all of us, as is this hobby. But there are things even more precious!

Tom - My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family during this difficult time. Thank you for your courage and your selfless sharing with the flightsim community...you make an immeasurable difference to those of us who share this passion.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

This has really saddened my day. I can only say thank you for giving us a place to dream. Thank you for the dedication and asking nothing in return. The flight Sim community will fight for your legacy.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight