Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

I'll take this chance to say a sincere thank you for creating this great website that only your great love for flight and simulation could have made possible. You can take pride in it. I sincerely wish you the best things for your life and I hope you will have enjoyable time with your loved ones.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Prayers and blessings upon you, Tom.  I too am greatly saddened to learn of your illness, and want so much to do whatever possible to lift your spirits and to at the same time express deepest gratitude for your many kindnesses and unstinting generosity which you have showered upon the membership of Avsim.

All any of us can hope for is to leave some kind of indelible mark on this planet to show we were here, and you have done so much more than that.  You have disseminated knowledge, humor, and shared your free spirit to allow us all to improve ourselves and our flight skills.  You indeed left a mark upon me, and I daresay the many others who have benefited by discovering your love and your dream, the Avsim site!

I too suggest you focus on the positives, and know that you will undoubtedly see us all again at one time or another, at least that's what I personally believe.  And I can tell you firsthand that I have experienced phenomena during my life that makes me certain that there IS something beyond this place, it's not just all stories and wishful thinking.

There are simply not the right words to say how much you mean to me, and all of us, here at Avsim.  Just know that I am sending you heartfelt wishes for comfort in the days you remain here, and joyous celebration of your future in the clouds. Something we all will experience at some point.  God Bless You Tom Allensworth.  You are in my heart and my prayers.

Robert

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

A very blunt to the point post Tom,(shocked me) I also see a little humour in there too. Your exactly the type of person that will beat this thing. Good luck on the fight, and thanks for bringing all of us together. 

I am very sad to hear this !!! I wish you and your family all the best Tom. Live each day... and let tomorrow worry for itself.

I am so sorry Tom.  I can't imagine what you and your family are going through at a time like this.  All I can do is thank you for all you have done for the Flight Sim Community.  You have given so much.  My heart and prayers go out to you.  May God bless and help you.

Tom,

I just want you to understand that thru you I have been able to deal with my cancer. This site has been a beacon in the night for those nights I spend in my sim. I will never let cancer ruin my life. Thanks for all you do and all the good times your energy has supplied our community. Be strong and know there is more to life than just what we experience in the present. May whatever you believe in be a beacon like this site has been for all of us. Wishing you pure blue VFR forever

Fast Frankie

Godspeed Mr. Allensworth.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

You Mr. Allensworth are one kind of a man....a hero, THANK YOU so much, for what you have done for all of us, now take the time for yourself and your family...

I will pray for you and your family.

McDan out

Thank you!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

We met once in Victoria along with other staff of AVSIM.  I will always remember that occasion.  Like minded individuals talking flight simulation stuff!

I am shocked, I appreciate your bold and forthright outlook.  Thanks for everything.

Keep up the fight, my best to you and your family.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Best wishes Tom...We met almost 15 years ago at the first avsim social before things became so large, we were able to enjooy a wonderful insiders look at Dulles and the storage facility for the Smithsonian. I have been in CHO so many times, and thought about trying to get in touch with you for a beer and talk about your old HS days...I will be praying for you, Tom

I dont even know what to say.......  

Thank you for everything you have done for us. I have been with avsim for a really long time, almost to when it first started. Life is so precious and if someone told me i had just 90 days i wouldnt know what to do. You mean so much to us as a community. Again thank you for everything and god bless