Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

Eaglesoft Citation X V2

I do not see an unofficial support forum for the Eaglesoft Citation X V2 so I apologise if this is in the wrong place.

Hi folks
I have recently bought the Eaglesoft Citation X and I am having lots of problems understanding how I should use the autopilot in conjunction with the FMS. I dont have any problems programming the FMS. I am however unsure what the various buttons do on the autopilot. Where can I get help? It is not a software issue but more my lack of understanding of the autopilot and how it should be used. I have Googled but cannot find anything that helps.

Regards Colin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Collin,

I'm not being coy, but have you checked the Flight Guidance Controller Manual and Tutorial?  Covers things really well.

If you're having a specific problem, I'd be happy to try and help.

Hello Dave

Wow, do I feel stupid. After I bought the plane I printed out all the PDFs so that I could read, study and make notes. It would appear that I missed one!!! Yes you guessed it the Flight Guidance Controller Manual. I am almost too frightened to ask now but where is the tutorial?

I am sure I will have some questions after I have read the manual so if you don't mind I will take you up on your offer of help. I am certain I will have questions. Is it better to put the questions on AVSIM? Thanks for your help so far.

Regards Colin

No problem.

Yeah, post them here is fine (Jim will move them to a different forum if appropriate).

Happy to help.  Also, one of the guys (Grant) in our group is REALLY competent in the X, you might consider dropping by our voice server and talking to him when he's around.  Note:  Sometimes the guys forget to log off, so if it says he's online and he doesn't respond... he's not ignoring you.  He has a real world flight schedule to contend with.

Don't overlook the six You Tube videos as well. B)

Ron,

Would you be kind enough to post the links to the Videos your referencing?  Just to sort them from some of the non-developer based videos.

Thanks.

Is Eaglesoft going to make a version 3 for the CitationX? (2015 standard - graphics etc)

I sincerely hope Eaglesoft puts version 3 of the Citation X at the top of their to-do list.  Couple the absolutely outstanding systems of version 2 with a brand new, very high quality 3D model and there's no doubt that the final result would be a huge success.  There is a serious dearth of business jets across all flight simulation programs, and it's a class of aircraft that few developers have tackled.  If anyone can pull it off, Eaglesoft can.  Ron, I know you guys are hard at work on the XLS+ (looking real good btw), but do you have any updates on the Citation X v3?

I'm certain I remember talk of Leading Edge Simulations being the ones who would supply Eaglesoft with mesh and textures for the Citation X as well as the Citation II.  Is that still true?  

-Elliot

At this point the LES situation is slow but sure. XLS+ is on the front burner and we did start an Eaglesoft Flight Simulation facebook page which showcases a few livery shots.

Also behind the scenes website work being done and modeler recruiting for the CX750 Extreme 3.0 continues. Not just any one will do for that project... B)

Also behind the scenes website work being done and modeler recruiting for the CX750 Extreme 3.0 continues.

Get in touch with Carenado, they cannot code to save their lives but boy can they model and texture.

That would be my dream team, Carenado making the model and textures with Eaglesoft handling the systems and FDE.

Carenado....can they model and texture.

Never tried to paint a Carenado have you?

Hope this isn't off topic, but a v3 of the Citation 10 would be a blockbuster. I remember first flying the v1 back in A&P school! I'm incredibly happy that they have that project in the works!

We are not interested in collaboration with Carenado and we're sure they aren't interested in collaboration with Eaglesoft.

Competing companies and competing interests would preclude such a scenario.

We will say that their modeling/texturing is nice and causes others to step up their own game in that department.

However the FS market is more than visuals..

CX750 Extreme 3.0 will happen in due time. Meantime the Citation XLS+ 3.0 will have to suffice. B)

At this point the LES situation is slow but sure. XLS+ is on the front burner and we did start an Eaglesoft Flight Simulation facebook page which showcases a few livery shots.

Also behind the scenes website work being done and modeler recruiting for the CX750 Extreme 3.0 continues. Not just any one will do for that project... B)

Thanks for the update, Ron.  I've been a big fan of Eaglesoft for years, and I'll likely be first in line for that CX750 Extreme 3.0.  And yes, while Robert Kerr is making the XLS+ look great, let's get someone top notch on the X  B)

-Elliot

"let's get someone top notch on the X ...."

Thanks Elliot. Actually just received paperwork back from the talented individual who is our choice for the CX Extreme 3.0 project. That is a bit of a milestone. B)

No problem.

Yeah, post them here is fine (Jim will move them to a different forum if appropriate).

Happy to help.  Also, one of the guys (Grant) in our group is REALLY competent in the X, you might consider dropping by our voice server and talking to him when he's around.  Note:  Sometimes the guys forget to log off, so if it says he's online and he doesn't respond... he's not ignoring you.  He has a real world flight schedule to contend with.

OK Dave, here is my first problem:-

I am trying to get the Citation X to capture an altitude both in the climb or in the descent (I do not have the FMS programmed).

I have the aircraft set as follows before I initiate a climb or decent.

'HDG' and 'ALT' buttons illuminated and the aircraft is in straight and level flight and will follow the heading bug.

To start an ascent, I select the desired altitude with the 'ALT SEL' knob, then I turn off the 'ALT' button and increase the throttles to climb. Using the 'NOSE UP' trim wheel I set the desired vertical speed.

The aircraft starts to climb but always levels off just short of the desired altitude (sometimes by as much as 500ft) and the 'ALT' button does not illuminate!

BEFORE I START A DESCENT OR A CLIMB I HAVE TO ENSURE THAT THE 'ALT' BUTTON IS ILLUMINATED OTHERWISE THE A/C APPEARS TO DO NOTHING

To start a descent, I select the desired altitude with the 'ALT SEL' knob, then I turn off the 'ALT' button and decrease the throttles to descend. Using the 'NOSE DN' trim wheel I set the desired descent speed.

The aircraft starts to descend but always levels off just short of the desired altitude (sometimes by as much as 500ft) and the 'ALT' button does not illuminate!

Further testing shows that the higher the altitude I am trying to capture the more the aircraft falls short of the desired altitude!!! i.e desired altitude 15000 actual 15460

Am I doing things correctly? Why is the a/c not capturing the desired altitude?

Can you do a climbing right or left turn with the autopilot or must it be hand flown?

Can you do a descending right or left turn with the autopilot or must it be hand flown?

Regards Colin

Colin, we don't offer product support here. Register and login to our support forums to access CX 2.0 support.

There is a learning curve to this aircraft. We suggest that you avail yourself of the help offered by DaveCT2003 up thread... B)

I'll offer that... yes, you're doing several things very incorrectly. However, as Ron stated... Eaglesoft doesn't do support at AVSIM.

Never tried to paint a Carenado have you?

Funniest thing I've read all day! :lol: They're a complete pain in the posterior

So there are plans for a Citation X 3.0?

I'm in.

Thanks Ryan. Work is commenceing according to new staff scheduling. CX750 Extreme 3.0 will be a new purchase package. B)

I'll offer a contrarian opinion. I fly the Eaglesoft X and I have a ton of hours on it. It's a great product as is. To me the graphics are just fine I would be concerned that with a graphics upgrade we may get in the situation where VAS management becomes an issue, as it is on the new Carenado S550.

Just a thought.....

As Dave mentioned in a earlier reply, I am regularly on our voice server and will happliy offer any asistance I can, in terms of the issue you mentioned:

'HDG' and 'ALT' buttons illuminated and the aircraft is in straight and level flight and will follow the heading bug.

To start an ascent, I select the desired altitude with the 'ALT SEL' knob, then I turn off the 'ALT' button and increase the throttles to climb. Using the 'NOSE UP' trim wheel I set the desired vertical speed.

The aircraft starts to climb but always levels off just short of the desired altitude (sometimes by as much as 500ft) and the 'ALT' button does not illuminate!

At the current time, the only thing's I can think of is the known issue with the VATSIM Wx, can you tell me if you are using any version of Active Sky or are you just using the VATSIM upload through a program such as FSinn? Other than that the other thing could be a issue with weight and the opt crz altitude

I will be on the server most of the day today and will think of anything else that could cause this issue.