Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Hawker with GTN 750

I don't have the 850XP (least not yet) because I was disappointed at the "PL21" lite ... I have a Hawker type rating, a few hundred hours in the plane, taught it as a classroom/sim instructor (5 years ago, been on a Gulfstream since) and was a PL21 instructor so I can't tell you how sad I was to learn that this sim bird has a ways to go.

Hi totally agree Bert is the man - being a hawker pilot thats a welcome plus - quick question how are you keeping this bird from busting altitudes - I would really be interested as I can figure it out - thank you and welcome to avsim

Rich Sennett

Hi Richard,

Thanks!  Actually I don't as of this moment have the 850XP so I can't speak to your ALTS CAP issue  (the real mode sequence is kind of interesting actually, it'd be cool if someone ever models it realistically) - I'm not a critical as some on Carenado products overall but I have learned to wait until a SP's been issued or Bert's had a crack at it lol  I'm sure I'll get it soon, right now I'm still enjoying the suitably 750 moded C550 too much :Big Grin:

Hi Richard,

Thanks!  Actually I don't as of this moment have the 850XP so I can't speak to your ALTS CAP issue  (the real mode sequence is kind of interesting actually, it'd be cool if someone ever models it realistically) - I'm not a critical as some on Carenado products overall but I have learned to wait until a SP's been issued or Bert's had a crack at it lol  I'm sure I'll get it soon, right now I'm still enjoying the suitably 750 moded C550 too much :Big Grin:

Thanks Buddy - let Us know if you get it - would like to know your thoughts - take care

Rich Sennett

If you click on one of the screws in the right MFD it toggles between engine instruments and flaps/fuel display...

Donald

On the copilots MFD the engine info block is great, but in the real bird that's in part where the animated flap indicator resides and for good reason - it's the only actual indication of flap position anywhere in the cockpit.  The mechanical indicator needle next to the flap position switch on the console?  It actually is only indicating the selected flap position, not the flaps actual position believe it or not. 

If you click on one of the screws in the right MFD it toggles between engine instruments and flaps/fuel display...

Ahh, well there ya go - problem solved lol  My observation was based on a few posted pics, I don't have the Hawker 850XP to play with just yet. 

Do you notice any frame rate increase when using the GTN 750 instead of the stock setup, also when clicking the bezel does the popup GTN work with this modification?

Thanks,

paul

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Do you notice any frame rate increase when using the GTN 750 instead of the stock setup, also when clicking the bezel does the popup GTN work with this modification?

Thanks,

paul

You, you can popup the GTN and it works just fine. Actually it works a bit better because you can move the map with your mouse which doesn't work for me when the panel is docked.

No FPS difference one way or another in my case.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Hello Bert,

Hmmm......I would have sworn I posted this morning, however, don't see it so probably messed something up.

I sent you a P.M., with my e-mail address requesting your VERY generous offer for your Flight 1 GTN 750 Mod.

Many Thanks again for taking the time to do this!!

Most sincerely,

Steve R.

Bert,

BRAVO...BRAVO...BRAVO...!!!!   :Applause:

Just what the Doctor ordered!!!

Just in case it wasn't listed on one of posts.

I'm running FSX SE......No issues installed easy and I actually think my frame rates are a little better.

Prior to install......I have FPS set to "Unlimited" and generally run around 57-60 fps with most stuff.  With the Hawker around the Settle Washington area....ORBX PNW installed as well as active sky, REX etc. I noticed around 28 - 35.  (Running DX10 also)

Just did a quick flight from Troutdale KTTD to Bremerton KTWP and was running 38-47!!

Thanks once again Bert!!  Good things can never be said enough for folks willing to take their time and then share their great achievements!!!  I've been doing Flightsim for close to 30 years now (since the FS3 days).....and it's talented Flightsimmer's that have made this program what it is today!!!

Once again.....Many Thanks and a Job VERY well done!!!

Most sincerely,

Steve R.

Thanks Bert for the great mod!  Installed today and it WAS working perfectly...

WAS until I tried to install the FSCaptain ACARS unit.  This basically overrode* the entire GTN750 Mod.  Obviously, I uninstalled the FSCaptain ACARS and I went into the aircraft config files.  Seems all of the changes I made to install the GTN750 are still there but, the plane loads normally not without the GTN now.

Have you heard of this before?  Wondering what I should do and hoping I don't have uninstall the Hawker and FSCaptain...

Any help would be appreciated!

Never heard of this addon, but why not delete your "panel.gtn" folder and create a new one, and re-install the mod?

Bert

Tried it but to no avail ;-(

I think I will have to reinstall the Hawker and/or the FSCaptain.  Wondering which one to uninstall first? Hopefully I won't have to do both...

Keep you posted.

Hey Bert!

Figured it out; I had to uninstall the Hawker and clear out the the files in FSX and then reinstalled.  All is good!  Thank you again for your work!!

PS - I hope Carenado is taking care of you???  I was close to writing them off - 

Taking care of me... not really, but they do give me permission to share my mods  :wink:

Bert