I am not a big fan of the Carenado FMC implementation, so I have done an avionics retrofit on the recently released Hawker SP1.

Carenado has kindly given me permission to share my mods, so if you have the Hawker installed (or want to get it..) you can have side by side versions.. with FMC and GTN750   smiley17.gif

Send me a PM with your email address if you would like a copy!

Pictures here (for registered GTN users):

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would be interested as well, if this works well I would purchase the GTN. I tried to access the link but since I'm not registered I can't access. Could someone post pics here? Thank you!

John

Awesome!

I'll send you an email.

Thanks!!!!

Bert, the CitationJet doesn't have an advanced avionics package like the Pro Line 21. You know what I meant by my post.

Ed,  I do... and once someone (??) releases a well implemented Proline21 simulation,  I for one would love to fly it  :P

For now,  for this airplane,  I prefer a well implemented GTN 750 over a "lite" Proline FMC..

But luckily, you can have both!

• Upvote 1

Ed,  I do... and once someone (??) releases a well implemented Proline21 simulation,  I for one would love to fly it  :P

For now,  for this airplane,  I prefer a well implemented GTN 750 over a "lite" Proline FMC..

1+

Hi Bert,

impressive job. I am OK for the moment with GTN750 as 2D panel, anyway your fitting is amazing.

Chapeau.

Hi Bert,

impressive job. I am OK for the moment with GTN750 as 2D panel, anyway your fitting is amazing.

Chapeau.

You may also like the PFD and AP mods that are part of the package..  ^_^

Awesome job! so all 4 screens are the GTN 750?

No, the PFD has been adjusted to show GPS instead of FMS information.

Bert Where are the engine gauges?

At the top of the co-pilot's MFD

Wowsa!  I wish Carenado would grow up with the Hawker.  I have all but dismissed it as another overpriced piece of candy, but Bert, you got me thinking again.  I am desperate for a good business jet in P3D.  Tempting, very tempting... 

I am desperate for a good business jet in P3D.  Tempting, very tempting... 

This is exactly where I was at.

We've got old stuff with excellent systems and flight modelling.  We've got brand new stuff with horrid systems but decent flight modelling.  We are in dire need of a combination of those!

So for now I'm content with the GTN mod.,,  toyish as it may be  :huh:

This is exactly where I was at.

We've got old stuff with excellent systems and flight modelling.  We've got brand new stuff with horrid systems but decent flight modelling.  We are in dire need of a combination of those!

So for now I'm content with the GTN mod.,,  toyish as it may be  :huh:

Hi Ryan - how is the GTN750 capability of a GS capture (aircraft will descend automatically) like an ils approach - thank you  

Well it will do normal ils approaches with or without GPS overlay and it will do RNAV GPS approaches with vertical guidance (LPV minimums)

Well it will do normal ils approaches with or without GPS overlay and it will do RNAV GPS approaches with vertical guidance (LPV minimums)

Nice Ryan  :good:

• Upvote 1

This looks awesome! But before spending 100$ dollar to this ($50 for the Hawker and $50 for the GTN 750) I have a few questions.

How is the perfmormance with the GTN 750, is it frame rate friendly? Or will it consume very much frames?

And to be sure, is it now possible with this little extra to fly confidently ILS approaches and follow exactly the flight plan from the GTN?

I really would like to buy this beautifull two products but I most be sure that I am buying something that works.

Thank you.

This looks awesome! But before spending 100$ dollar to this ($50 for the Hawker and $50 for the GTN 750) I have a few questions.

How is the perfmormance with the GTN 750, is it frame rate friendly? Or will it consume very much frames?

GTN750 has little to zero impact on your FPS. At least here I can't notice any significant change using or not using it.

And to be sure, is it now possible with this little extra to fly confidently ILS approaches and follow exactly the flight plan from the GTN?

I really would like to buy this beautifull two products but I most be sure that I am buying something that works.

You can fly confidently any ILS approach, provided that you set the PRESET key on your PFD to "LOC1" as navigation source before approach, select the appropriate course on the CRS1 course selector knob and then activate the approach with APPR on your FGP. Adjust speed as appropriate and you're done.