Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 SLI test results, up 33%

Not entirely true, in order to be able to use SGSS for example SLI has proved to help out and that won't increase VAS usage.

However if you also increase other settings then of course you might also increase the possibility of VAS issues.

Richard Åsberg

You'd soon OOM if you maxed out your settings being cocky with SLI.

No, it depends on settings.  Some settings are entirely GPU based and will have no (or very minimal) VAS impact.  Also 4K resolutions (and/or higher) will need multi-GPU support regardless.   Also, OOMs are a result of add-ons, not a default P3D.

Easiest method to prevent OOMs when one has many add-ons is to simply set Textures to 512 and Building = Normal.  Just two settings, everything else you can max out (assuming a PMDG aircraft) ... you can fly for days with textures at 512 ... texture setting doesn't impact the VC at all.

Cheers, Rob. 

4K doesn't need SLI at all, at least not on my system it doesn't. 

I'm running P3D at 4K  with ORBX addons, payware airports, REX soft clouds, ASN  and the PMDG aircraft. I have locked my FPS at 30 and this is what I get everywhere I go, even in the most detailed airports like Heathrow with ORBX England.

This is with textures at 1080P and medium autogen. Any higher would cause an OOM.

So, I don't see why you would want an FPS higher than 30 because then you're in OOM territory.

@757: 

Do you might sharing your settings screens?

I'm on a single 980 Ti now and having very good 4k results, but definitely getting down to the low 20's around Seattle in OrbX PNW and I'd love to see what you have all your settings at so I could try that out.

Cheers

Probably an unfair or at least unanswerable question, but... does anyone have a sense of when we might see a fix for the effects problems?  If it's a near-term thing I'm willing to hang in, but if it'll take weeks or longer, which seems quite possible, I'm inclined to disable SLI and get back to it later.  Those boat and ship wakes are a serious immersion killer.  Am guessing we don't know and probably can't know, but if there's breaking news or if a reliable source has said anything, please advise...

does anyone have a sense of when we might see a fix for the effects problems?

I have no information on an ETA for a fix.  However, the issue can be replicated by LM it will make understanding the problem easier ... fixing it may require both LM and nVidia combined efforts.

You can disable SLI via the NVCP by setting the Prepar3d.exe profile to Single GPU ... you don't have to make it a global disable.

For ship and boat wakes you can probably set them to fx_dummy.fx for now ... but that will require some file editing and/or copy/replace.  But there are some other FX like smoke that may flicker, aurora ... oddly the fireworks over Seattle are working well with SLI.  For lightning it looks almost as if the axis shifted X = Y and Y= Z and Z = X ... I've thought about experimenting with the fx_Lightning*.FX files ...X, Y, Z, scale, rotation, pitch ... etc. just to see what happens.

Cheers, Rob.

I am skipping foreign vacation this year and would like an advise .

I might sell my GTX780SC and going towards :

2 x GTX970SC for SLI or

1 x EVGA GTX980TI SC

What would you recommend ? 

Also some cards (EVGA SSC) has double BIOS . Anyone knows what that meens ?

Priority is :

1. P3DV2 1920X1200

2. Project Cars 1920X1200

I would expect an increase around 15-20% in terms of fps (i guess) 

Thanks

Michael Moe

i7-4770K@4,6

Current Powersupply is 850W from Corsair

ASUS Z87-PRO

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

How about removing the effects from the respective folder? I tried that but have still those anoying lightning effects showing up when thunderstorms are around. :(

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

You can disable SLI via the NVCP by setting the Prepar3d.exe profile to Single GPU ... you don't have to make it a global disable.

Thanks, good to know.  Since my rig is for P3D only, I've gone with the global disable for now, but if I wind up loading anything else that needs SLI, I'll follow your suggestion, at least until the P3D effects get repaired.

I'd consider renaming or removing effects (per Mickyj's suggestion) but given that my install includes Henrik Nielsen's AI ships packages, that's going to require a lot of work that I'll just have to undo once the effects work.  So for personal reasons I'll pass for now, but in general it's a good idea.  Actually, if it wasn't for the pleasure I get out of the shipping, I'd probably just leave SLI active - the lightning makes for an interesting drug experience - but the ship wakes are a deal breaker.  A lot of this comes down to individual taste.  The good news is that my performance on a single 980SC is pretty decent, so it's not that much of a hardship to wait.

Can someone list the additional changes that need to be made to Nvidia Inspector once we choose the P3d SLI option?

I cannot seem to find the post or posts that I had found earlier.

thank you

Nick Sciortino

For the latest, see this thread, and try the profile in post #3.  I haven't tried it myself, but apparently it alters the P3D profile in order to get rid of the artifacts.  Worth a look.

It is a bit late but i just uped a vid showing pretty high settings with the NGX.

System:                 i7 5820k @ 4.6GHz

GTX 980 SLI

16 GB RAM

Settings:               NI 4xSGSS P3D2 4xMSAA

Autogen:               Dense

Clouds:                 Max

Shadows:             High, Max draw Distance Autogen recieve

Traffic:                  MyTraffic 6 @25% running Traffic Optimizer

Scenario:              Taxi Departure and Fly Over @ Flightbeam KDEN (textures has been resized to 1024x1024) ASN weather 3 cloud layers REX soft clouds

Reshade has been applied for slight color and sharpness boost.

Artifacts still present as 8xCSAA was not set in NI. Artifacts will be eliminated when 8xCSAA is set in NI

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Artifacts still present as 8xCSAA was not set in NI. Artifacts will be eliminated when 8xCSAA is set in NI

Does the crazy lightning effects and boat wakes get corrected when you set this in NI? I set mine and I still have the "artifacts". I'm running 2 780GTX in SLI with the 353.06.

Am i missing something???

thanks.

I also get the artifacts no matter what my AA setting.  Have pretty much abandoned SLI 'til LM and/or NVidia can come up with a fix.  I have no idea why the AA setting and/or turning off the P3D profile line in NI fixes the artifacts for some but not for others.