Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 SLI test results, up 33%

Done. Also added a vid I made showing the strange lightening effects. Looks like others are also having weird issues with this driver and other games. That's good and bad I guess.

Only thing I noticed is that I have VSync & triple buffers off.

Also to clarify an earlier statement I made about SLI stopping when menu is accessed - if I select something like options - I will drop to single GPU while I am in the options dialog. However, when I exit back to the program, SLI enables on it's own.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Here is the issue with SLI mode dropping 1 GPU when any part of the menu system is accessed:

I have reported these issues on nVidia's Feedback thread here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/832749/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-352-86-whql-game-ready-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-5-18-15-/

Suggest other's having SLI issues add your voice to the thread.

Cheers, Rob.

Yep - Good vid

That shows precisely what was happening to me also

It just continues to be a frustrating experience for me

I've dialed things back a touch and I'm getting 40-60fps (on Unlimited) flying around the San Juans with OrbX everything (KORS, PNW region, etc) and ASN and it's just never smooth.

Even when I lock the sim @ 30fps (from within P3D, not using NI or anything) it's still not smooth even though the FPS never fluctuates off of locked at 30fps.

:-(

So depressing.  The one thing a flight needs to be to be convincing and immersive is smooth. 

I've dialed things back a touch and I'm getting 40-60fps (on Unlimited) flying around the San Juans with OrbX everything (KORS, PNW region, etc) and ASN and it's just never smooth.

Even when I lock the sim @ 30fps (from within P3D, not using NI or anything) it's still not smooth even though the FPS never fluctuates off of locked at 30fps.

So depressing. The one thing a flight needs to be to be convincing and immersive is smooth.

I had the same problem until I stopped using Aivlasoft EFB which I think flooded SimConnect causing the stuttering.

Richard Åsberg

Hi everyone

Well I have just taken out one of my GTX 970's and I can't see a jot of difference in P3D

Same settings ... same frame rates

I am also running 970s in SLI and noticing no difference. It seems all the people having issues getting any gains all seem to be running 970s. Seems like there's still some driver issues for nvidia to iron out. Funnily enough, both my GPUs appear to be under load all the time when running P3D, but I don't have ANY of the "normal" SLI issues posted in this thread (lightning, boat wakes, second card usage dropping after accessing menus).

There has to be something wrong specifically with 970s.

Others with the 970's:  You guys are making sure SLI is enabled in the SLI area of NVIDIA settings right?

I'm absolutely noticing a difference in SLI with my 970's (definitely increasing frames).

My frustration is that I'm just never getting smoothness, no matter how high the fps gets, nor even locked @ 30fps  :-(

I've dialed things back a touch and I'm getting 40-60fps (on Unlimited) flying around the San Juans with OrbX everything (KORS, PNW region, etc) and ASN and it's just never smooth.

So depressing.  The one thing a flight needs to be to be convincing and immersive is smooth. 

I can't figure out why, but it's smoother for me today.  I guess I should always do a fresh reboot before P3D if I've done anything else before?

Oh well - Enjoyed a wonderful KORS to KSUN flight this AM.  I think I also enjoy FS Global Real Weather's rendering of wx/clouds more than ASN

A further report - I'm seeing improved performance with my two 980s.  The improvements are subtle, not dramatic, but still significant - better and smoother frames over urban areas and in weather.  An additional note - this holds true as long as I don't try to increase my settings above where they were on my single 980.  I tried increasing cloud shadow quality and range, and immediately lost frames and smoothness.  SLI seems to improve things at my current level but isn't a license for me to push any limits.

I'm still getting the full range of lighting and lightning artifacts.  Nav light issues reappeared when I switched from the A2A civ Mustang to their Spitfire.  With that aircraft, not only did I get the flickering effects and boxes around nav lights, but when I turned them off, the boxes remained in place, even when I moved the aircraft.  I turned lights on and off while I was parked, and when I returned to my parking place after the flight, the boxes were waiting for me, hanging in space at the parking spot, a wingspan apart.  I seem to remember having similar issues in an early P3D build (2.0 or 2.1) with some of the A2A Aircraft Factory aircraft.  Sometimes these could be solved by reloading the aircraft repeatedly.  I'll try that here and see what happens.

I'm also seeing the long thin horizontal lines at altitude and the trippy (for want of a better word) lightning.  Haven't yet had a chance to look at ships' wakes but will try.

In all, am enjoying the smoothness but it feels like we'll need a new driver before we get outta beta.

The testing continues...

Others with the 970's:  You guys are making sure SLI is enabled in the SLI area of NVIDIA settings right?

I'm absolutely noticing a difference in SLI with my 970's (definitely increasing frames).

My frustration is that I'm just never getting smoothness, no matter how high the fps gets, nor even locked @ 30fps  :-(

Yeah, I'm running Nvidia Surround. P3D is smooth, as its always been. I'm just seeing no improvements in FPS.

Yes I was also thinking about the 970 but I just purchased second Titan Superclocked Signature unit used this morning for a very reasonable price so I will SLI with what I have at this time. I will see how these work in SLI.

Just wanted to ask how did your 1st gen Titan cards running in SLI perform?

Richard Åsberg

In all, am enjoying the smoothness but it feels like we'll need a new driver before we get outta beta.

Might be a combination of driver update and hotfix from LM ... but I can confirm that LM is working with nVidia on the issues but have no idea if or when a resolution might happen.

Most of the issues seem to be FX based ... several of the PrecipitFX combined with SLI also exhibit rendering issues ... without SLI all is good.

So for those looking to buy a 2nd card might want to wait until SLI is fully sorted unless you don't mind these render issues.

Cheers, Rob.

Just wanted to ask how did your 1st gen Titan cards running in SLI perform?

I did get the second titan but I did not have a chance to install it last weekend. I hope I have more time to work on my own things this weekend. I will let you know if I succeed with the install.

Nick Sciortino