Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

How are you all using your FTX Regions with P3D2.5?

Hey,

At this time, I have tried everything from complete OS reinstalls along with all low textures from Rex Texture Direct and low settings / default settings / high settings in prepar3d.cfg and I just OOMs in FTX full fat areas like PNW-NRM-CRM-NCA (along with Global & Mesh only installed - no vector). No Orbx airports, I can't even enjoy them with OOM hits in P3D2.5.  Weather - ASN with 4 layers

And I am only flying A2A C182 and Commanche.

Sure, I can save the flight by FSUIPC and use that, but that is just getting annoying and besides GTN750 requires me to have the flight plan saved in it prior to crash.  If I don't save it, I have to enter it manually again.

What gives?  This is just getting ridiculous.  If you want to see my pc specs - it is in my profile.

My question for you all is - How are you able to enjoy the FTX regions or are you all just using FTX Global?

Thanks,

-skywolf

PS - Yes, I know this is a 32bit app with limitations

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

That's not right, something is definitely wrong there.  Whilst I don't have the American regions, I can move happily between the UK ones (ENG, SCO, WLS, IRL) without getting OOMs in the Comanche and the Q400, and that's with Global/Vector/Euro LC installed and with UK2000/ORBX airports.

What are your other settings?  Particularly your texture/mesh resolutions and autogen/LOD settings.

I have tried Autogen from Normal to Very Dense - Same Results.

Clean config file too with defaults - same results

LOD - 4.5-6.5 - tried them all - after a bit the OOM surfaces in PNW

I have tried almost every single combination there is.  The only 1 thing is I wonder if Mytraffic 6 is causing some issues - I have AI set to 15

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

As you said that's ridiculous indeed. I have P3D 2.5, all of the ORBX regions installed, including FS Global Ultimate, my traffic X at 60% and everything runs like clock work.

I know that doesn't help you, but there must be something wrong with your set up or computer. It is definitely not something that has anything to do with ORBX or P3D. Otherwise this forum would brim with complaints.

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

As you said that's ridiculous indeed. I have P3D 2.5, all of the ORBX regions installed, including FS Global Ultimate, my traffic X at 60% and everything runs like clock work.

I know that doesn't help you, but there must be something wrong with your set up or computer. It is definitely not something that has anything to do with ORBX or P3D. Otherwise this forum would brim with complaints.

I totally agree with you - but I can't seem to figure it out - it is driving me nuts.  It is a new computer, I did ask in LM forums about resolution as I am running in 4K.  LM devs said that it should not make a difference.  I need to find what is causing my VAS consumption

I doubt SLI consumes VAS

What texture resolution are you running, just curious? I don't go above 2048px. What cloud textures do you use and what resolution? What about road traffic?

Regards,

Todd

What texture resolution are you running, just curious? I don't go above 2048px. What cloud textures do you use and what resolution? What about road traffic?

Regards,

Todd

Road Traffic and Boat Traffic is set to 0

Textures are 1024

And anything which can be reduced in Rex Direct is set to 1024 and 512

Even my Cloud shadows is set to 512

Only Major Variables are 4K, SLI and My Traffic 6 set to 15 on GA/Airliners

I know you don't want to hear it again but something else is going on. I don't use FTX Global any longer but when I did I had no OOM issues. I have all the areas, PNW, EU, Norway, CRM, etc. Screen resolution is 1920x1200 - Run SLI with most settings maxed. I have MT6 set at 25% and ASN with 3 layers.

ONLY place I get an OOM is if I take a short flight from KBUR - KSBP in an A2A or other high quality a/c.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

By chance do you have any photoscenery (Blue Sky, Megascenery, etc.)?  If so, it will make a difference in memory usage even when not flying in those areas.  Disable any that you're not going to actually fly in.

Scott

I know you don't want to hear it again but something else is going on. I don't use FTX Global any longer but when I did I had no OOM issues. I have all the areas, PNW, EU, Norway, CRM, etc. Screen resolution is 1920x1200 - Run SLI with most settings maxed. I have MT6 set at 25% and ASN with 3 layers.

ONLY place I get an OOM is if I take a short flight from KBUR - KSBP in an A2A or other high quality a/c.

Vic

Hey Vic, you are right something else is going on and I can't figure it out at all.  I really have a clean system - I tried with Clean Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 now - same issue on both.  I can't solve it at all.

By chance do you have any photoscenery (Blue Sky, Megascenery, etc.)?  If so, it will make a difference in memory usage even when not flying in those areas.  Disable any that you're not going to actually fly in.

Scott

Hey Scott,

I do not have any photoscenery at all.  All I have installed is Global, PNW-CRM-NRM-NCA, FTX Mesh, A2A 182, GTN 750,  Mytraffic 6, Active Sky Next (latest release), Rex Texture Direct with SoftClouds.  That is it

I would suggest eliminating add-ons one by one to see if one of them was some how installed improperly and caused a memory leak.  Uninstall ASN and see if there's improvement, or MyTraffic, etc.  Are you monitoring the VAS with FSUIPC or Process Explorer to see where the problem starts during the flight?

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I would suggest eliminating add-ons one by one to see if one of them was some how installed improperly and caused a memory leak.  Uninstall ASN and see if there's improvement, or MyTraffic, etc.  Are you monitoring the VAS with FSUIPC or Process Explorer to see where the problem starts during the flight?

Hey Doug,

Thanks, I will try that suggestion.  Yes, monitoring VAS with FSUIPC and Process Monitor at all times.

Most mind boggling experience