Sign in to follow this  

Messing with Mastereffect.

After installing Reshade and a bit of tweaking, cant believe the difference. Reshade + Mastereffect make P3D a whole new ball game..Im amazed!!!!

fsx%202015-07-05%2014-03-39-129.png?dl=0

fsx%202015-07-05%2014-03-39-130.png?dl=0

fsx%202015-07-05%2014-03-39-131.png?dl=0

fsx%202015-07-05%2014-03-39-132.png?dl=0

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I still can't get the DOF effect to work! Great shots btw. Very atmospheric.

I still can't get the DOF effect to work! Great shots btw. Very atmospheric.

Thanks for the comment..it just worked for me the DOF. What problems are you having??

Thanks for the comment..it just worked for me the DOF. What problems are you having??

Great shots - can you tell me how to import user pre-sets - I am using framework version - are you ?

Great shots - can you tell me how to import user pre-sets - I am using framework version - are you ?

I didn't import any presets, just enabled certain items in the Mastereffect.h file. I used  Reshade with SweetFX 2.0 but then deleted SweetFX to use the Mastereffect.....If that makes sense.

Do you think you can post your Mastereffect.h file? That would make life so much easier  :lol:

I didn't import any presets, just enabled certain items in the Mastereffect.h file. I used  Reshade with SweetFX 2.0 but then deleted SweetFX to use the Mastereffect.....If that makes sense.

Thanks - need to do more research on this program and what can be imported in the framework version  as it runs outside the main sim folder which is nicer

Would you mind walking thru this process as not sure what I can play with - are you using framework version and which items do you turn on in effects ordering - also I am unable to retain dx 10/11 it reverts to dx9 in menu maybe it doesnt matter - have modded the the provided dll file to dxgi.dll - would appreciate it

Would you mind walking thru this process as not sure what I can play with - are you using framework version and which items do you turn on in effects ordering - also I am unable to retain dx 10/11 it reverts to dx9 in menu maybe it doesnt matter - have modded the the provided dll file to dxgi.dll - would appreciate it

Do you still need help with this Buddy?

Posting amazing screenshots - great

Posting how others can replicate amazing screenshots (settings file or the tickboxs that should be ticked) - Elevated greatness !

I would love to see a comprehensive guide on how to get started with these effects. Would be really useful for those of us that have no idea where to start. :)

Download the ReShade core, then download the MasterEffect files. The MasterEffect files work similar to SweetFX/ENB... Drop them in the sim folder, open MasterEffect.h with a text editor and start changing disabled effect to enabled by changing the zeros into ones :). Then tweak the settings further down in the file. Most settings have explanations, those that do not you can just change, save the file and the effect will update directly in the sim.

Sim Richardson (krosswynd) has a pretty awesome effect file for his shots on the Facebook page-

It a good video but its not framework - no need to do all of that tweaking in notepad with framework and mastereffects is in there all ready :)

It a good video but its not framework - no need to do all of that tweaking in notepad with framework and mastereffects is in there all ready :)

I did not find the Framework interface particularly user friendly to be honest. I'd rather use Notepad :P.

Also you will have a stutter while accessing the menus in P3D - with framework you will not - huge win there - in framework you just open it up slide the settings hit save and done way faster than editing in notepad 

Wow, never tried this stuff before and it is amazing. I downloaded the frame version of reshade and see that you can change effects on the fly while fsx is open,,,way cool!!

I also downloaded master effects but not sure what to do with it. 

Is there anyone that has a setup of effects that I could use? I like tweaking my own but I am a bit overwhelmed at this so far.

Wow, never tried this stuff before and it is amazing. I downloaded the frame version of reshade and see that you can change effects on the fly while fsx is open,,,way cool!!

I also downloaded master effects but not sure what to do with it. 

Is there anyone that has a setup of effects that I could use? I like tweaking my own but I am a bit overwhelmed at this so far.

Frame version has it master effects all ready no need for nothing else

Rich can you link where to download the package? perhaps share your settings. they look very nice!

Frame version has it master effects all ready no need for nothing else

I didn't know the framework already had Mastereffects included. I use a notepad to change the settings in the Mastereffect file

Rich can you link where to download the package? perhaps share your settings. they look very nice!

go to www.http://reshade.me and download.

I didn't know the framework already had Mastereffects included. I use a notepad to change the settings in the Mastereffect file

go to www.http://reshade.me and download.

Thanks brother - downlaod is the one at the bottom of page on left