Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Prepar3d V3 Release date Wednesday 30th September

Who uses default ATC?

Anyone that wants to know the runways in use by AI traffic.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Why is everyone bouncing around this 200$ dollar figure - I am going to buy the 59.95$ version just like the one I all ready have - it shall be worth every penny from what I have heard

+1 Edited by xenonsk

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

For those wondering about VAS; (taken from the PMDG side of avsim)

"2) VAS VAS VAS VAS VAS:

Our testing internally leads us to conclude that Lockheed Martin's development team has succesfully updated Prepar3D so that it will unload data that is no longer needed in memory. More specifically, our testing seems to conclude that data accumulation in VAS related to scenery being seen or over-flown is no longer a factor for simmers using Prepar3D.

I want to stress that our testing was done in-house, and was not scientific- but we know very well how to replicate OOM issues with Prepar3D and FSX, and running those same tests with Prepar3D v3 yielded far lower VAS volumes than we have ever seen, even when moving between very intense scenery areas."

Just tune into ATIS.

I was thinking the same thing but that does technically fall within the process of calling up the ATC window. Look: there is a cult out there that just has to have a transparent ATC window. I'm glad they have it now... mostly so I don't ever have to hear them gripe about it. Now, who knows, maybe the level of transparency (or ability to adjust) isn't to their liking. May I refer them to the [default] key of the "tilde" sign. It's that one next to the "1" key (they'll have to figure out whether to the left or right).

Enjoy!

Just tune into ATIS.

While ATIS is quite a lot of information from ATC, we have to actually contact ATC to know which runway left or right, ramp, and directions.

@ beta testers :

1 Is there a better VAS handeling ?

2 Is there an installation way so 2.5 can be upgraded to v3 without the need to reinstall all addons , like 2.4 to 2.5 ?

3 Is there a Distortion fix when using multi monitor ( solving the fisheye effect )

4 Is the water looking better now ?

Thanks

Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

An improved P3D.

I'm in from day one, thank you very much. :smile:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

While ATIS is quite a lot of information from ATC, we have to actually contact ATC to know which runway left or right, ramp, and directions.

That's still available from ATIS. In fact, I did a flight recently from KIAH to KEGE where the departure involved an egregiously long wait for a departure runway when ATIS claimed a parallel runway was also available (but to which ATC was not assigning departures). I refiled my IFR plan (in order to get a new clearance from ATC) and requested the parallel runway. The second traffic moved up enough to allow me a useful taxiway, you better believe I was off and running.

Let's just call it a fault in default ATC. I think we can all agree that LM doesn't have much incentive to fix the ATC logic. I know there are some 3rd party efforts but those seem slow-going and facing uphill battles. I wish them the best but damn if it'd be nice to have some quality, accurate offline ATC. And it's a shame because I work with and know plenty of folks that could help (with U.S. procedures at least).

@ beta testers :

2 Is there an installation way so 2.5 can be upgraded to v3 without the need to reinstall all addons , like 2.4 to 2.5 ?

Not a beta tester but I can't imagine that'd be the case. Surely the install path and .exe data has changed...

The second traffic moved up enough to allow me a useful taxiway,

That's just tossing a coin, and could have gone either way. You got to be in contact to get proper instructions.

That's just tossing a coin, and could have gone either way. You got to be in contact to get proper instructions.

I was. I refiled while stuck on a taxiway and the used the ATC menu option to request a different runway (that option disappears once you accept a runway hence why I refiled).

Good news! So I assume V2 and V3 can be installed side by side? And there would be no conflict with installers for addons?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I use Pro ATC on every flight and get instructions that make sense and don't have me flying in crazy S turns on multi hour flights plus Sids and Stars that are used in the  real world. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Great to see LM is, as always, continuing to fix bugs and add some extras with every release.

But I too feel that this is not worth USD 200. Sure, I could go for the USD 60 version, but that would be wrong from an EULA point of view - This however is not something I want to even discuss.

The way I see it, instead of forking out USD 200 for what many also consider a 2.xx update, go to a market/store/shopping centre, watch someone with kids and see if they are buying only the absolute necessities - then follow them to the cashier, let them go first, then when they have to pay, you pay the bill for them (without expecting a thank you or being a prideful xyz) AND if it comes up to let`s say USD 100, give them USD 100 in cash on top of paying the grocery bill so that they can spoil their kids/wife/husband or do whatever they need to with it...GUARANTEED, you will have 100x more satisfaction than forking out USD 200 to LM for what seems to be more of a 2.xx update.

For those getting V3 on day one...I am looking forward to the videos on YouTube...for free :)))

@gmoneyprs

Changing an Exe does not mean that an application needs to be reinstalled.

And as LM has stated that the new 2.5 folder structure was a base for further versions it might very well be possible to do a v3 install and then copy addon folders/files into it...

The same with the scenery.cfg file ..

I do not know it for sure so I am hoping that Rob can comment on this.

He guided us through the v2.4 --> v2.5 update too.

It would be the fastest way to upgrade...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0