Sign in to follow this  

A quick P3D V3 video

I can understand some of the other posters points who are not overly impressed by the video posted.  Because honestly it looks like just earlier renditions of P3D as someone who has been a user of the platform dating back to v2.2.  The avatar feature is cool, but it doesn't blow my socks off.

That being said, I can also appreciate the changes that LM are addressing to really cleanup the performance of the sim.  I think we have a very capable sim platform for the future that can meet the needs of many of us in the community who use the sim for short or longhaul flying and want an immersive experience with our ORBX, Aerosoft, and FSDreamTeam add-ons enabled.  It's exciting that our hobby is spreading it's wings in so many directions and that we have options to choose from.

I'm happy to support further progress of this sim through paying for the v3 update. Thanks LM for your hard work and continuing progress.

I'm happy to support further progress of this sim through paying for the v3 update. Thanks LM for your hard work and continuing progress.

Nicely wrote; and I agree!

Simon

Am very interested in buying V3 but would like to know if it now has proper full screen mode with vysnc? will it also run along with v2.5 or will this need to be uninstalled?

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

It has been stated at least three times that I'm aware of just today that yes, we can have v2.5 and v3.0 installed at the same time. :wink:

Screen modes remain the same.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good thing I'm still a student, so it's a bit more affordable for me. 

As for P3D in general, V3 will be the first version of the sim I will buy. From the patchnotes(changelogs?) it seems like they fixed a lot and the general performance is good now which is quite significant for me. 

Also, I'm super sucker for gimmicky features like the avatar mode. I just can't express enough how much it will add to my immersion :)

So all-in-all, I am pretty hyped.

You would be amazed at how many of us are students

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Everyone is a student from the cradle to the grave! :smile:

On a side note, Rob, any idea if the popcorn cloud effect with REX soft clouds has been addressed? To me that was a real immmersion killer.

To me that was a real immmersion killer.

Well, to be honest, staring at a computer monitor is the ultimate immersion killer. But what are you gonna do?

Well, to be honest, staring at a computer monitor is the ultimate immersion killer. But what are you gonna do?

Well, when I use a simulator I am already prepared for that. I am a student pilot and I go on real flights to break out of that.

Having said that, with our complex weather addons and texture replacements, in this modern day and age, you would expect a decent rendition of some pretty standard and common Cumulus clouds.

Now if you don't have anything valuable to contribute, I suggest you save your time and stop looking at computer screens.

Cheers!

The 'popcorn' clouds is not an issue with our Soft Clouds product. It's the way Prepar3D handles certain cloud types/layers at different thickness levels. This is more noticeable in some weather engines than others. Now with that said, we have tested many weather scenarios and have not been able to duplicate the popcorn clouds in v.3.

Attached are 2 screenshots below, testing the current real-time weather engine in REX Essential (Standard WX Mode) with Soft Clouds low resolution 256px cloud set in P3Dv.3. I believe the ICAO was MPTO. Again, we have tested many locations and wx scenarios, and have yet to duplicate this.

2015-9-29_22-8-28-987.jpg

2015-9-29_22-7-58-862.jpg

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Now if you don't have anything valuable to contribute, I suggest you save your time and stop looking at computer screens.

This comment was not helpful and certainly didn't contribute to anything,  This is what started your little verbal row 

The 'popcorn' clouds is not an issue with our Soft Clouds product. It's the way Prepar3D handles certain cloud types/layers at different thickness levels. This is more noticeable in some weather engines than others. Now with that said, we have tested many weather scenarios and have not been able to duplicate the popcorn clouds in v.3.

Attached are 2 screenshots below, testing the current real-time weather engine in REX Essential (Standard WX Mode) with Soft Clouds low resolution 256px cloud set in P3Dv.3. I believe the ICAO was MPTO. Again, we have tested many locations and wx scenarios, and have yet to duplicate this.

Thank you for that Tim.

For me personally it only happened once or twice. Using Active Sky Next with Soft Clouds. But I do know it's a pressing issue for many users so I guess we will know when it has been tested in different conditions by the community.

Cheers!

This comment was not helpful and certainly didn't contribute to anything,  This is what started your little verbal row 

Neither was this comment ^. Or maybe even this one from me.

But kindly explain to me how Greg's first comment was helpful and then I'll accept your point. :smile:

Thank you for that Tim.

...so I guess we will know when it has been tested in different conditions by the community.

You're welcome. We are looking forward to the reports. 

Cheers!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hello Rob;

Just saw your last video about speed trees. Sorry, I couldn't understand. Are the speed trees in there as a default now?

Many Thanks as always.

Hello Rob;

Just saw your last video about speed trees. Sorry, I couldn't understand. Are the speed trees in there as a default now?

Many Thanks as always.

No, the Speed Tree trees seem to only currently be in the places the Lockeed Martain developers have put them. One of those places is the default starting airfield from what I've read thus far. The ability for add-on developers add Speed Tree trees where ever they want is there, so we theoretically could have a whole region or more with nothing but Speed Tree trees.

It'll take a little time for developers to evaluate the imapact of the trees. Although, I suspect many would love to add this new feature into their projects if feasible.