Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

A question for those that have tried this in the beta. I see that v3 will have a avatar mode, i take this to mean a FPS type of mode. Where you can walk around the aircraft and such. My question is, does this mean that in the VC we will have an EZDOK type of experience, where we can translate fore/aft, left/right, up/down? Thanks!

To me the most "exciting" advancement is that we can now "click on stuff" while in Spot View, providing of course that the modeler's have set up mouse points on the exterior model.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the video. A little disappointing because I don't think it will give the functions I was looking for. The FSX/P3D view system is so outdated I feel. We shouldn't have to buy a 3rd party add on for functions that are considered pretty standard these days.

I'm sure this avatar mode will be good for teaching students how to pre flight and such!

• Upvote 1

To me the most "exciting" advancement is that we can now "click on stuff" while in Spot View, providing of course that the modeler's have set up mouse points on the exterior model.

Yes, but afaik no modeler has ever done that up to now? Would be great if A2A would use the avatar for the walk around instead of their current walk around menu! (Although I am already scared of what they are going to charge us for v3 compatible installers... adding this feature won't make it cheaper.)

I'm not sure I see the relevance for walk-rounds.

When I do checks in real life, I don't do it from a viewpoint of looking over my own shoulder. The current A2A method is far closer to virtual reality than this gaming artifice and doesn't cost VRAM or FPS, and does have implications within the persistent damage model.

At first glance this appears to be frivolous, a (dare I say it?) `entertainment` feature !  :wink: 

But as an addition it will be interesting to see what developers make from it. The option of having interaction with the aircraft could be made into something useful. 

Something tells me, we are going to see passengers entering/leaving the airplane soon :) 

Now modeling the terminal interiors will make more sense haha. 

When I do checks in real life, I don't do it from a viewpoint of looking over my own shoulder.

There also are two first person views which is indeed more realistic. (And probably looking better because that avatar walks a but odd imho LOL It specially looks funny when he starts walking!)

I wonder who will be the first to walk out their flying plane and stand there admiring it in flight ... :lol:

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Basically it involves a broken armed man strolling furtively around, pretending he owns the place.

:lol:

I can't remember asking this question yesterday, and if I did, I lost it in the masses of posts.

Does the Avatar function in the walkaround change the viewers perspective to something akin to EZDOK where the aircraft appears to be scaled to its actual size

Can Avators be in the multiplayer mode? Then we can chat in the sim world instead of here.  :smile:

Avators in Multiplayer Mode, you would create GTA for Flight Sim haha

You have to admit, the possibilities that the Avatar mode adds to Prepar3d is exciting. Imagine the type of scenarios or missions that could be made with the ability to de-plane and enter another vehicle!

I'm very excited about the avatar mode and what it brings to the simulator.

This place is getting so full of Negative Nancy's that I'm starting to hesitate to click the AVSIM bookmark.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Love the Avatar. The possibilities are endless. By the way, bring the Avatar out to the water and drop him in. He'll start swimming! He's a good swimmer too. :P

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb