Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

KPDX For FSX

Is there any decent freeware or payware for KPDX. I wished Flight-Zone would come back and produce a version.

Thanks

Randy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can install Flight Zone if you own the 2004 version. There is an up date to make it work in FSX. It is called  FlightZone_2 Patch_for_FSX.

• Upvote 1

You don't  need  F.S. 2004 if using the  FLightzone_ 2 patch. It provides a dummy directory. I purchased and did what the file says  and had no problems. I had to remove quite a few files though. 

It seems to integrate well, but I have had a few anomalies, which might be caused by mesh. My work hours  force me to fly  at night  and I am using  active sky next  I am  really  happy with the setup. In the past using ORBX Portland my machine came to a crashing halt not so with this scenery. I will try it and post some pictures  this weekend or earlier if I can.

It seems to integrate well, but I have had a few anomalies, which might be caused by mesh. My work hours  force me to fly  at night  and I am using  active sky next  I am  really  happy with the setup. In the past using ORBX Portland my machine came to a crashing halt not so with this scenery. I will try it and post some pictures  this weekend or earlier if I can.

Sounds interesting!

Looking forward to Your screenshots!

Thank You very much in advance for all the effort!

I was able to use mine with photoreal scenery and it looked pretty darn good.  A few minor niggles but definitely good enough to use.

I've tried everything that I could find for the area and the airport.

IMHO, your very best bet would you Flight Sim Zone Portant (KPDX) with the FSX conversion (freely available on the Internet).

It's FANTASTIC with the FSX conversation files.  I believe it's for sale on SimMarket, but Google will tell you for sure.

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Can't get the wrapper to work on windows 10.

I've tried :

Disabled the AV software on the box (Windows Defender).

Disabled the local firewall.

Launch with the "Run as Administrator" option

Start with WinXP, Win7, Win8 compatibility modes.

Disabled UAC via Control Panel

I have put some photos up if you want any  pictures of a particular  area let me know and I will put it up. 

https://goo.gl/photos/bsU9oKt2iv4bfimn9

Looking very good!

Thank you very much for sharing these great shots!

Now i am indeed tempted as well to install PDX. Maybe over the holidays ahead when i have some time for testing and trying it all out.

Yes I

Flight 1 needs to update the wrapper for windows 10.

I had a similar issue with the wrapper for flight 1 Afx... They redid the installer and it now works with Windows 10

Where can I find the said FSX patch for the FlightZone KPDX? Any link?

Thank you!!!

Interesting, I'll have to look into this.  Always wanted a halfway decent PDX in FSX.

I tried the patch a year ago and while it worked somewhat, there was still too much broken like the custom ground polys being flat and not curved for FSX. Plus some transparency issues with some textures that I was able to manually fix. Overall I ended up uninstalling it. It was a great prodcut for FS9 but trying to patch it just didn't do it justice for me.

• Upvote 1

The only problem I have with FlightZone kpdx is that now the north runway has been expanded and 3/21 has been shortened.  I used it back in fs9.

I am sorry to tell you this but you do need the FS 2004 program for the patch only tells you which files to remove and nothing more, so if you do not have the original program you can't remove the files. So telling you that you do not need the original program is not correct.

Now, I could be wrong (and I don't have FSX installed anymore), but I believe you can point the installer to your FSX folder and it will still install - because I believe there is an FS9.exe included with the FSX install.