Sign in to follow this  
Brian Riggs

P3D 3.1 DSR/HDR/Reshade

I've been testing a few settings trying to find alternatives to sharpen up P3D, thought I would share some pics...I'm using DSR 1.5x, P3D HDR, and a few Reshade Sweetfx settings, what I'm most impressed with is how Reshade has transformed my MSE 2.0 textures by adding more color and depth.  Wish you all a Happy New Year.

A-10-6_zpsnlnd2mh6.png

A-10-7_zpsuj2isnqn.png

A-10-8_zps7517je5s.png

A-10-9_zpsdsbvr96g.png

F-15E-4_zpsgobcbca6.png

F-15E-2_zpsnobgawmf.png

F-15E-3_zpsldws2hbx.png

• Upvote 2

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

I was messing with reshade today and I could not tweak reshade to look like that..The cockpit shots look so real. And the dive over the mountains look like it was taken from another plane. Can you post your reshade settings. Thanks

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I was messing with reshade today and I could not tweak reshade to look like that..The cockpit shots look so real. And the dive over the mountains look like it was taken from another plane. Can you post your reshade settings. Thanks

Same here. I trying to get that Reshade to work and I don`t know how.

My%20Signature.jpg

Here's my settings, I'm also using NI 4xSGSSA with 4xMSAA in game:

Reshade1_zpsc6avjpjq.png

Reshade2_zpsibea7ocx.png

Reshade3_zpsfobf2adg.png

Same here. I trying to get that Reshade to work and I don`t know how.

Make sure to follow the readme.txt in the reshade folder you created, it explains how to setup reshade.  Run the mediator.exe in the folder and follow its step by step instructions.  After you've followed the mediator setup, you should have a setup screen that looks like this:

Reshade4_zpsd1thfmdk.png

After you've pointed the mediator to your p3d.exe, choose which settings you want to install by using the pipeline tab.  Once your done, click apply and you're ready to go.  The scroll lock key turns reshade off/on in the sim.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

I did not no reshade had this tool. Been changing numbers in notepad to tweak it. Thanks for posting it. With this tool how much time you spend creating the preset?

Maurice J

I did not no reshade had this tool. Been changing numbers in notepad to tweak it. Thanks for posting it. With this tool how much time you spend creating the preset?

Maurice,

I only spend a few seconds checking the boxes in the pipeline, then I adjust the sliders in the sweetfx tab, hit apply and see what kind of results I get on the screen.

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Help me out here. All I have is a Sweet FX folder in the sim. I can't find a "Reshade" folder, or a mediator.exe.  I have Reshade 1.1 with Sweet FX installed, and it works in the sim.  Where is this mediator.exe ?  All I have in the Reshade install folder is Reshadesetup.exe. (and a bunch of .dll and so forth.)

Sue

Goggle reshade/sweetfx it will get you the setup files. 

Maurice J

Nice shots and thanks for sharing the settings. I never tried reshade before. So I applied it to P3D and punched in your settings. The colours seem to have much more definition now and also these settings give you a more realistic night time effect (darker). I'm really liking the settings now. I always found the HDR in P3D a little washed out even with saturation at full. The combination of both now looks fantastic.

I'd be interested to see your HDR settings for P3D too. I also use 4x DSR to kick it up to 4k with 2xMSA and it looks great.

Great shots! Looking at the one you took above the mountains, are you using FreeMesh or something? I just use the default mesh in P3D v3 and it doesn't look as detailed as that!

Hi

I downloaded both files but I don't know what to do next

When I run mediator it says framework mediator is missing required files ....

I get the popup in p3d but mediator does not run

please help

Hi, Brian,

These are some great shots! You are really getting some outstanding results.

Love the F-15!

Jim