Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

News on DTG Simulator is coming soon!

Why not, Rich?

Thinking how many years LM has been working on a simulator and they have way way more money than DTG so my by my math just doesn't add up 

Rich Sennett

Yeah, I agree with Richard. I think that Prepar3D V3.1 is as good as can be achieved at this time. Sure DTG will make a flying game that looks fantastic and delivers A fluid 60FPS on high setting but it won't deliver anything like the level of realism that Prepar3D does. Not even close. It will probably be worth the buy but I guarantee you will not and probably never will be flying West Jet 737NG from a detailed reproduction or CYVR to a detailed reproduction of CYYZ following closely every detail of the way it happens in the real world. Your not even going to see anything like an A2A C172 or small realistic community Airfields faithful to there real world equivalents or realistic time and seasons etc. Sure P3D is not perfect in this regard but I will still beat that its better than whatever DTG produces. And there is not a snowballs chance in hell that the  weather will be anything like as realistic as Prepar3D. Not knocking it and I will probably buy it just for fun but all things considered it will pail in comparison to Prepar3D. I am guessing it will be something like AeroflyFS but perhaps a bit better.

Just thinking about probabilities here -

I think it's extremely likely that whatever DTG announces will be based on the former MS Flight title.  They already have 'tested the water', so to speak, with licensing FSX, and they are certainly no stranger to DLC business strategies. For all of it's marketing blunders, Flight was a very well done title, and the code base would certainly hold significant value.  Given DTG's existing relationship with MS, one would think it would make more sense to license and further develop an existing technology than to roll another one from scratch...

If they went that route, what would remain to be seen is if they would provide a basic, flyable world, using the DLC model (pretty much a guarantee) for more detailed regions, airports, and aircraft.

If they provide the previous Flight engine, but with the whole world accounted for in terms of simple/basic scenery, mesh, textures, and current navigational aids, AND don't completely lock it down, so as to allow for third party content, I think they'll have a success on their hands.  I know I'd pick it up, and add it to my roster of flight sims.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yeah, I agree with Richard. I think that Prepar3D V3.1 is as good as can be achieved at this time. Sure DTG will make a flying game that looks fantastic and delivers A fluid 60FPS on high setting but it won't deliver anything like the level of realism that Prepar3D does. Not even close. It will probably be worth the buy but I guarantee you will not and probably never will be flying West Jet 737NG from a detailed reproduction or CYVR to a detailed reproduction of CYYZ following closely every detail of the way it happens in the real world. Your not even going to see anything like an A2A C172 or small realistic community Airfields faithful to there real world equivalents or realistic time and seasons etc. Sure P3D is not perfect in this regard but I will still beat that its better than whatever DTG produces. And there is not a snowballs chance in hell that the  weather will be anything like as realistic as Prepar3D. Not knocking it and I will probably buy it just for fun but all things considered it will pail in comparison to Prepar3D. I am guessing it will be something like AeroflyFS but perhaps a bit better.

Exactly well stated - not bashing - I may eat my words but we will see

Dont forget the P3D road is far from over I would assume

Rich Sennett

Cant remember where, but Im sure I read that it will be ready for the xbox platform as well. That in of itself tells me they are not listening to the community wishes and are going the way of MS Flights failures.... That of making it as a game rather than a simulation that we know and love. Im having a hard time giving them the benefit of the doubt here but I guess time will prove me wrong if their goals are otherwise.

What comes out of this however, is we now have a few simulation platforms pushing one another to be better and to grab our dollars. Which one the majority gravitate to will be the one where our 3PDs will stick around as many depend on it for living income.

P3D

FSX Steam

XPlane

(Next Gen Sim?)

(DTG Flight sim 2016?)

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

DTG flight sim will be the one for "flight sim lite" 3PDs gravitate, focusing on the "control-e to start engines" crowd with $19.95 price point products with simplified realism. It will be a channel designed to funnel as much paid content as they can muster. Obviously they're a business in it to make money (understood) but their methods will not be popular with many here.

Cant remember where, but Im sure I read that it will be ready for the xbox platform as well. That in of itself tells me they are not listening to the community wishes and are going the way of MS Flights failures.... That of making it as a game rather than a simulation that we know and love. Im having a hard time giving them the benefit of the doubt here but I guess time will prove me wrong if their goals are otherwise.

They publicly denied to have plans for Xbox months ago. Whatever and wherever you read this, it was a speculation.

• Upvote 1

That has nothing to do with Prepar3d. What you are talking about are addons found on both FSX and P3D. There is nothing simulation wise that P3D offers that FSX does not have. And the addons between the two have the same features, same flight model, same everything. Only difference so far is PMDG 777 having better ground camera views in the cockpit.

I will be pedantic and correct the title of this post, it should state "News on DTG Simulator IS coming soon"

Thank you, english is not my first language and i appreciate when someone point out my mistakes.

They publicly denied to have plans for Xbox months ago. Whatever and wherever you read this, it was a speculation.

Yep, i remember the fact they denied going for consoles too

• Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

The fact is nobody has a clue at all what DTG have up their sleeve. Even if it is based on the Flight codebase, that doesn't mean in any way that it will be simplified. Flight was a very sophisticated engine that was far from finished in its current form. The potential of it was never realised.

Dovetail have been engaging with the community, and with third party developers. Just look at the add ons that are now available on Steam for FSX-SE - Active Sky Next, REX and even Orbx sceneries are on there. I think there's some A2A birds on there as well.

DTG Train Simulator in my eyes is actually very good. Yes it's very DLC centric, however there is also a whole community outside of the Steam ecosystem producing things for it, both freeware and payware. In terms of a simulation, I would say it is far from a game and is probably the most realistic train driving experience you can get for the PC. The graphics are awesome.

• Upvote 3

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I'd wait for more concrete information if I were you. We haven't even seen any screenshots or trailers of the new sim yet.

• Upvote 1

Oh here we go again! 

The DTG sim will not match P3D, will not match FSX will not be as good as....and so it goes on......why don't we just let it happen....DTG will make an announcement sometime in Feb......once WE ALL have an idea of what it will or will not contain then we can make a call....including me

Just let it ride and enjoy what you fly now.....

• Upvote 2

I just want a better simulator than Prepar3D and FSX. The ESP engine is just so old and limited. I don't see how DTG can escape these limitations, and LM certainly has shown after five years that these limitations will probably always be there.

• Upvote 2

Just likes the defunct Aces Studio did, I'm sure Dovetail peruse these forums for intelligent opinion and comment. I think the debate is important and I eagerly await any significant releases that support a simulator and not a game.

You make a very good point there David!

the gauntlet has been thrown down to DTG......roll on Feb and lets see what we see.....

Cheers

Mark