Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Pilot 2 ATC Version 2

The manual(Beta) has been released.  It is not complete but it will give you a very good idea of what V2 is going to be able to do from an ATC  point of view

Have a look and leave some feeddback and questions either here or on the Pilot to ATC Forum

NB: The SID/STAR has slightly changed; now  P2A will also  'recommend' a valid SID/STAR/APP depending on the weather

Here it is:

http://pilot2atc.com/Product/P2A_200%20User%20Guide.pdf

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Alpha 117,

I've watched all the Pilot2ATC preliminary video's for version 2.0 posted on the developers AVSIM forum, and have read the preliminary Beta manual, plus the older manual.

The developer has done an excellent job of developing the documentation and the product, based on my initial research, looks like really solid ATC package. Since I tend to fly in the USA, I hope the developer has identified and addressed the unique differences between the SID's and STAR's implementation in both Europe and the USA?

I'm looking forward to the release of version 2.0 as I will download the trial version once it becomes available.

Bill Clark

very interesting and certainly quite promising.

Is there any example flight (written or Video), preferrably in Europe, where one could read about or hear the phraseology being used ?

Hi Mike, fancy seeing you here ..... :dance:

There is a sneak peak Video that Dave did back in very early Stages

http://pilot2atc.com/Tutorials

Looks like I might have to get back into make a few videos   :Tounge:

It's voice controlled but if you can't get on with that then there is this nice 'Say iT' button that does it for you.

Stay tuned and pass it around

thanks

Stay tuned and pass it around

thanks

Hi Clive:

Will this new version be able to be used without using voice at all - thanks

Hi Richard

Yes, you can even map the 'Say it' button to a key or button on your joystick/yoke

Hi Richard

Yes, you can even map the 'Say it' button to a key or button on your joystick/yoke

Awesome - thank you much looks really nice  :wink:

I noticed that the new version of Pilot2ATC would take elevation into account when assigning altitudes, so as not to fly one's plane into a mountain, etc. As far as I know, no other atc does this. Is this a USA only feature? I do much of my flying in Canada.

Thanks

Guys, here is a VERY quick and dirty intro.

I'll make a more detailed ones over the next few days :dance:

and I'll put them in the Pilot 2 ATC forum 

Guys, here is a VERY quick and dirty intro.

I'll make a more detailed ones over the next few days :dance:

and I'll put them in the Pilot 2 ATC forum 

Very nice - safe to assume the sid and star features is not in the current demo - as this looks great cant wait to see that version

If I buy this now are you offering a beta copy to current owners ? thanks 

Do yo have a dedicated forum ? 

I thought ATC assigns SIDs once you file the FP. Dont think its normal that airline ops would specify the SID. Depends more on ATC ops at the time based on traffic load and whether they would vector you directly to your first waypoint.

Clive whats going on with ProATC now. No more updates?

I noticed that the new version of Pilot2ATC would take elevation into account when assigning altitudes, so as not to fly one's plane into a mountain, etc. As far as I know, no other atc does this. Is this a USA only feature? I do much of my flying in Canada.

Thanks

Please disregard this post. I reposted in the dedicated forum.

Please disregard this post. I reposted in the dedicated forum.

Where is this dedicated forum Graham - thanks 

Found it dah

Where is this dedicated forum Graham - thanks 

Found it dah

All good.

Guys

ProATC will have another update very shortly, so do not panic. :smile:

Clive,

I hope they fix the USA vectoring in ProATC........I haven't been using this app because of this flaw.........so I will wait and see!

P2A looks very appealing, and I intend to give it a try, and if I really like this app, I will switch over to P2A as Dave, the developer, seems very enthusiastic, appears to be working very hard, and is very VISIBLE to his customer base. He appears to provide great support.

BTW - welcome to the P2A A/B team Clive, you are very experienced at ATC, so that will be a big help!

So it is great to have multiple choices as to products, and may the best man(App) win.........I'm optimistic either way!

Bill Clark

Thanks Bill, yes the USA vectoring issue will be fixed, that's all I can say to be honest.

Yes, I can honestly say Dave is one of the most enthusiastic developers I have had the pleasure to work with, there has been a few over the years  :smile:

Updates released even on Christmas Day, that's commitment for you.

P2A will be a serious contender for the 'number one' ATC program, trust me  :dance:

Hopefully the beta will be released VERY soon, just a few more tweak and testing then it will go into Beta, so stay tuned. 

The time difference doesn't help either to be honest, Dave is normally Up for UK time so that doesn't help; I think he must have 2 clocks local time and UK time !

Bill, have you got V1?.

If you have great, as you will get the Beta.  It would be good to have you on board :wink:

Can Pilot2ATC be installed on a different PC from the one running the sim ( FSX:SE in my case ) ?

Hi Richard

Great to here. Have you got V1?

I have but not willing to use voice commands thats why I am really excited about V2 - cant wait  :wink: looks like time to setup second monitor 

Also looked into a new voice - found a good one Hannah but about 40$ dollars US but man sounds real

https://www.cereproc.com/en/node/734

Can Pilot2ATC be installed on a different PC from the one running the sim ( FSX:SE in my case ) ?

Yep, no problems it uses WideClient