Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

After further testing, UT2 is not unable to remove AIs from the sim. It does delete AIs if I reduce traffic density using the hot key or set frame rate setting too high. So probably the altitude setting for ground aircrafts affects enroute and destination airports only. The issue remains of AIs with expired departure time - common at large airports with long arrival taxi times and go arounds.

To further dig into the problem I turned on the UT2log from ut2services.exe.config to see what UT2 is doing and found it has errors like this in between when injecting aircraft:

"Failed to create weekly aircraft on ground with flightID = 613 because EXCEPTION_UNRECOGNIZED_ID"

"Error trying to update info for flight 925/926: EXCEPTION_UNRECOGNIZED_ID"

The AI get created on ground but for some reason UT2 is unable to track these, as a result on another recheck after 15sec it again attempts to inject the failed AIs with the same error causing duplicates over proceeding rechecks till parkings become full. UT2 is not able to move or delete these aircraft on accessing sim menus or resetting UT2 traffic.

There are also many of these repeating but not sure they are relevant:

"OnSimException, exception=EXCEPTION_UNRECOGNIZED_ID"

Update: It appears this is a database problem. Older created schedules are not playing well, there are no such errors and duplicates on newly compiled ones and removing all older ones. Presence of older ones also cause newer ones to malfunction.

Update 2: Greatly reduced above but did not solve it completely.

Someone can confirm that the AI Traffic of UT2 is dissapperaing when you go into Options/Settings?!?

@NATK50, yes that is normal behavior of UT2.

On problem with duplicates I have found it has nothing to do with the traffic database. The Onsimexception UNRECOGNIZED_ID overflowing errors in UT2log are occurring in p3d only, not in fsx. In fsx they only occur a couple of times while sim is interrupted when opening its options.

This is what I have gathered:
1. Occurrence of errors in UT2log with EXCEPTION_UNRECOGNIZED_ID indicate the UT2 session has broken with p3d. This is followed by failed to create aircraft errors citing the same exception and creation of faulty AI.
2. If I have enabled startup screen in p3d and load through it, the above errors start shortly after loading of flight and duplicates start to emerge.
3. On disabling startup screen and moving straight to flight, UT2 runs normal for about 5min before errors and duplicates resume.
4. If I stop/reset/clear traffic through UT2 menu or interrupt sim by accessing options a few times, all aircraft have the above error and get duplicated.
Occurrence of duplicates/faulty is not always immediately apparent in 2 and 3. Stop traffic after some time, the faulty AIs remain.

It would be kind if those running UT2 normally in P3D 3.3.5 could check for above in UT2log, as to clarify if it is compatibility problem with p3d or something specific to my setup.

Where do I find this UT2log file? I use UT2 in P3D v3.3.5, and it seems to work fine.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi

It is located in AppData\Roaming\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\Logs\

You need to enable it using text editor in Prepar3d v3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2services.exe.config

Same here no problems. Are you sure theres no traffic bgls dumped by orbx for example

14ppkc-6.png

I was finally able to identify this was being caused by a few months old opusfsi beta version that I didn't bother to update, apparently it didn't cause this problem in fsx. Problem resolved after changing to latest version, now UT2 is working normally. However I am still getting occasional "Failed to create weekly aircraft" errors in the UT2log.txt citing these four exceptions:

EXCEPTION_OBJECT_CONTAINER

EXCEPTION_OBJECT_ATC

EXCEPTION_LOAD_FLIGHTPLAN_FAILED

EXCEPTION_CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED

The first two I guess are due to broken aircraft file paths and unavailable parking spots respectively. Third one is inability to access generated flight plan in 'Plans' folder with a preceding message for the same, which I don't know why happen. The fourth one I don't have idea as it is too general. There is no more problem of duplicates or faulty AIs so far but can any of these cause UT2 to malfunction over long running for several hours?

Thanks elaine... I used your instruction to set up UT but I missed this one

"Do Not Start Prepar3D Or The UT2 Control Panel Until you Complete all the steps outlined below.   "

So even though I did everything you instructed  I had started UT prior to reading your post... so when I  finished you instructed and started UT, it went looking for Fsx.cfg in the MS fsx folder...so I simply copied the fsx.cfg over there and then it went looking for fsx.exe and I pointed to the fsx.exe within the p3d folder and then everything seems to work.

When I started P3D  I heard the usual UT racket and I knew everything was fine.

Thank you for all the hard work. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I was finally able to identify this was being caused by a few months old opusfsi beta version that I didn't bother to update, apparently it didn't cause this problem in fsx. Problem resolved after changing to latest version, now UT2 is working normally

Thank you for reporting that him255,  This is good to know 

When I started P3D  I heard the usual UT racket and I knew everything was fine.

Very good Manny,   Yes when you hear the music your on a winner  :smile:

Hi, before I take the plunge, (this thread appears to be the solution to a good UT2 install) I have one question.

I have Orbx Australia and Orbx USA traffic installed. Will UT2 conflict with the Orbx traffic?

If there is no conflict, or a way of resolving it, it may be a go for UT2!

Best Regards,

David

Will UT2 conflict with the Orbx traffic?

No conflict

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have followed your well thought out instructions. When I go to the install part I get an error message saying it cannot find the path to the fsx.exe even though it is in the P3D ver 3 directory as per you pictures. Could you offer any help??

Thanks

Nelson

When I go to the install part I get an error message saying it cannot find the path to the fsx.exe

Hello

Which error are you getting 

This one ? 

25700746051_65a9867152_o.png

Or This one ? 

25169217123_f441480d6a_o.png