I am absolutely with the OP as I was also looking for a replacement for my Saitek Pro Flight yoke. From all that I have read (and that was quite a lot), I think that the best yoke you can buy at the moment (which is not force-feedback) is the Yoko yoke. Froogle and D'Andre from AirDailyX did review videos on it and it really looks like an awesome yoke.

I already had my credit card ready and contacted Virtual Fly to order one. But then I went a different route...

I modded my old Saitek yoke as explained here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/351529-finally-a-fix-for-the-saitek-pro-flight-yoke-pitch-axis/

I have to say it is absolutely amazing. Almost zero cost for the mod (except the two springs) and the difference feels like night and day. No more deadzones and very fluid operations. The mod is really easy and absolutely worth it. Saved me 1000 Euros.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Is there a noticeable detent for center? The one on my Saitek is devastating lol. Makes finessing landing extremely difficult.

None what so ever, the yoke returns to a neutral position for both the pitch and roll axis as you release control inputs.As you apply more deflection the required force will increase and gets a bit heavy when  applying full up elevator but it is very light in the neutral position where you need it and similar to an actual aircraft application.Very satisfied with the PFC yoke, it looks and feels like professional quality.

Gary Stewart

Second the PFC yokes.  I did lots of research before going with the Saab one (it has more switches).  Its only downside was lack of a hat switch since I've never really gotten comfortable with TrackIR.

However, I solved that by adding my own hat switch which works quite well.  If interest, I can post a short description later of how to do it.

Cheers

JJB

Hey folks as the title says, I'm looking for a mid to high end yoke.  I have a Saitek yoke now for about a year or so and its ok.  I'm looking for something thats smoother and maybe no huge detent in the middle as this one has.  Trying to stick landings where the yoke feels like it borderline gets stuck in the middle is getting a little old.  I think even my CH yoke was much smoother than this one.  Only reason I replaced it was the table mount was pretty terrible and starting to break.  What's everyone using out there?

PS - realized I left out the budget - I con't mind dropping some coin for a long lasting quality yoke but I'd prefer to not spend over $500 USD.

My favorite, and the one that I use is the PFC (Precision Flight Controls) Boeing 737 yoke, but they have some that are less costly, but just as good.  This one is closer to your budget, but is made with all of the quality and precision of my Boeing yoke.  I did add the "Hall Effect" to mine.  I guess it just makes it last longer (like forever).

These PFC yokes are extremely smooth working and have a tendency to go back to center in both roll and pitch controls, but not with any "clunk" or "click".  The centering mechanism is very smooth. 

The complete yoke is pretty heavy and made with really high quality components. I've had mine for over a year and am still simply amazed by it. 

Since mine is the Boeing 737 yoke, I was able to find a replica of the metal clip board that mounts on it.  That really makes it look great.

Cirrus_Yoke_Beech_Style_12_1-360x360.jpg

https://store.flypfc.com/?/products/yokes/cirrus-beech-yoke1/

Second the PFC yokes.  I did lots of research before going with the Saab one (it has more switches).  Its only downside was lack of a hat switch since I've never really gotten comfortable with TrackIR.

However, I solved that by adding my own hat switch which works quite well.  If interest, I can post a short description later of how to do it.

Cheers

JJB

I would be interested to read how you enabled a hat switch mod.

Gary Stewart

Got a response from the Yoko Yoke folks ... going to order one and see how it goes, I can modify under my desk a little so that it clamps better.

I may have a solution to getting a Hat switch installed on the Yoko Yoke.

Thanks for those sharing the Yoko info, much appreciated.

Cheers, Rob.

I'm trying to figure out how, other than with TrackIR, I could get along without a hat switch.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

I'm trying to figure out how, other than with TrackIR, I could get along without a hat switch.

Jeff

EZDok.  I realize that I hardly use the had (except for the landing replay) and pretty much use EZDok all the time to adjust the views.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I own the PFC Saab Jetliner Column yoke, and USB rudders. The only Diff between the 737 yoke and the Saab is slight and honestly not worth the large difference in price. The difference is the yoke handle and button arrangement. It doesn't make sense to me because the 737 yoke has less buttons then the Saab and is more expensive. I said to myself okay, maybe they use Hall sensors and the yoke feels heavier and has full 180 degree roll 90 left and 90 right. Wrong. Exact same internals and feel, just the handle is different. Hall effects are not included in that price and are an upgrade option. 

Seems a no brainer was to go for the Saab model. I have had my gear since 2006 and it has stood strong so I can vouch for them. I am not too happy with their flat rate repair costs though, because if you need something small done say 20-30 dollars worth, you pay hundreds for them to touch anything...

This is my next yoke and am very excited as it has the full roll travel I am seeking along with not being spring tentioned. It is gas / hydraulic and I am very very keen to that!

Regarding no HAT, not even the smallest issue. I use EZDOK, and middle mouse wheel to look around and I never feel like I miss the HAT ever, period.

EDITED: Angelo, those links include other images that violate AVSIM ToS and I've removed link.  Please be more careful in the future. - Rob.

Thanks, guys.  I'm just so used to being able to keep my finger on the hat switch and not having to move to the mouse, but for the sake of a great yoke I guess I could be persuaded.   :)  I'll have to check out EZDock.  I've stayed away from that because I it seems like i've ready a lot of problem-posts regarding EZDock.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Jeff,

It's not a show stopper for me ... typically I'll do taxi, takeoff, approach, landing with TrackIR active, during flight with AP on TrackIR is deactivated ... since I'm hands free at that point I use Spacebar + mouse to all my panning.

I don't use EzDok, keep hoping the dev will incorporate a nice flight recorder, then I'd be on board with it.

Cheers, Rob.

My only issue I can see with going PFC is the lack of a desk clamp.  I saw using nano pads or whatever those things were might work but I dunno.  I think I'd prefer a solid clamping system.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Thanks, Rob.  I guess old habits are hard to break.  I'll probably stay with my CH for a while longer, but I've always got my eyes open for maybe a new yoke.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

Seems a no brainer was to go for the Saab model.

It certainly is if you don't care what your yoke looks like.

My only issue I can see with going PFC is the lack of a desk clamp.  I saw using nano pads or whatever those things were might work but I dunno.  I think I'd prefer a solid clamping system.

Have not found a need for a clamp unless you are trying to get full aft or forward extension of the yoke and that takes some effort to do.In the sim it is typically 1/2" or so pitch axis motion in flight so it not normally at the extreme travel limits.I use a desk mat made out of the rubber tool box tray liner material is is very stable.If it was a permanent installation you could probably drill some mounting holes in the case bottom and bolt it in place.

Gary Stewart