Sign in to follow this  
damienw

FlightFactor 767

Also, and this might be X-Plane rather than FF757, the plane bounces up&down and sideways and gets torn around in the air like a paper bag when there's the slightest wind. It doesn't seem very realistic.

This causes me to disable "real weather" at times as it can't be realistic.  If you look at the aircraft from the outside when you notice this, it looks like something being shaken in a bottle of water.

It's not just the 767.  It happens in all aircraft occasionally.

John

John Wingold

Ok Guys,

After going over both reviews again, and again, and yet again. I'm going to get it,..even though i'm still a little worried I guess. I think i'll be taking her across the pond this time around instead of the regulars. I remember countless crossings with the Lonny Payne 757 then the 767 Pilot in command and the Level D 767,..those were the glory days so to speak lol. Wow  i feel old  :sad:  :vava:  But i did prefer that kind of flying.

Thanks to each one of you for your input into this topic. I'm kinda hooked on X-Plane at the moment, it performs and looks soooo much better than P3D, and it's got a different "feel" which is quite refreshing.

Do you guys have experience with the 757 as well ? How does it stack up ?

Also found this smart co-pilot thing. Anyone try it ?

Regards

If you have never used X-Plane you will have a serious learning curve in getting as comfortable with it as you are with FSX or P3D.  That would probably be your biggest hurdle and not the 767. 

For X-Plane, the 767 is spectacular. In some respects even better that sims in FSX or P3D.

Hello again,

Took the plunge and bought the 767. Before I go any further does anyone know if the developer can be found on the AVSIM forums ? The X-Plane.org forums are down atm. I must admit the 767 is a very nice aircraft and the best that I've flown in X-Plane, However there are some things I need to point out to the developer regarding the AFDS, the function of the modes and the behavior associated with them under certain circumstances. 

They're also a few annoyances (in my opinion) of these little helper tidbits the developer added that i'd honestly like to see gone or at least have the option of turning them off. I understand the thought behind it but i'd prefer the option on if i need that help or not because for me it actually takes away from the simulation.

I currently putting together a list of bugs and inaccuracies I've found so far so i can send them to the developer.

I picked up the 767 at Christmas with a gift certificate. I also own the 757 & 777 and since owning this bird haven't flown either. It is most enjoyable to fly and it is the most flown aircraft in my hanger.

Still really enjoy my A330 and also picked up the E175 for shorter hops. From time to time I also jump in the awesome 737-200 by FlyJSim

My real dilemma is given the limited time I seem to have these days is which one do I take out lol

I have only been in X-plane for a year but haven't looked back. It just gets better with each update. I posted this comment in another thread but it is so true

"I now spend 100% of my time flying and 0% tweaking" 

Currently enroute from TNCM to CYYZ in my Air Canada Rouge 767 (This is a real world flight)

Happy Days :)

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Well, I've had some more time to "poke at it" and see what or how it does and i'm genuinely impressed. It's very good. I can point out quite a few "refinements" but it's actually very good. They're some bugs that need to be fixed yes,..but so far so good. I like it. 

Well, I've had some more time to "poke at it" and see what or how it does and i'm genuinely impressed. It's very good. I can point out quite a few "refinements" but it's actually very good. They're some bugs that need to be fixed yes,..but so far so good. I like it. 

How does it compare with the LDS 767 systems-wise?

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

If you have never used X-Plane you will have a serious learning curve in getting as comfortable with it as you are with FSX or P3D.  That would probably be your biggest hurdle and not the 767. 

For X-Plane, the 767 is spectacular. In some respects even better that sims in FSX or P3D.

The 1 and only thing I don't like do much about the xplane interface it the somewhat lack of details when start a flight. I'd like to choose the starting point instead of having to actually start then choose where to start..kinda like putting the cart before the horse type thing.

The 1 and only thing I don't like do much about the xplane interface it the somewhat lack of details when start a flight. I'd like to choose the starting point instead of having to actually start then choose where to start..kinda like putting the cart before the horse type thing.

You mean like choosing a ramp starting point? After loading the aircraft, simply use the 'select global airport' option, and you can select a gate/ramp/runway from there. Alternatively, you can move your aircraft manually using the Local Map. 

• Upvote 1

This causes me to disable "real weather" at times as it can't be realistic.  If you look at the aircraft from the outside when you notice this, it looks like something being shaken in a bottle of water.

It's not just the 767.  It happens in all aircraft occasionally.

John

Untick Turbulence in the NOAA Weather Settings then click apply/save,..that fixed it for me

Untick Turbulence in the NOAA Weather Settings then click apply/save,..that fixed it for me

Thanks... Never thought of the NOAA settings..

John

John Wingold

Thanks... Never thought of the NOAA settings..

John

Did it Help ?

You mean like choosing a ramp starting point? After loading the aircraft, simply use the 'select global airport' option, and you can select a gate/ramp/runway from there. Alternatively, you can move your aircraft manually using the Local Map. 

Ahh Ok thanks for that. I don't know why they didn't just put it on the Start flight screen where you choose  weather and time of day.

How does it compare with the LDS 767 systems-wise?

It can hold it's own. It needs some refinements which are apparently being worked on and I've also pointed out a few other quirks and errors and provided some data to the developers to help. However that said the level d 767 to this day does have a couple bugs (to my knowledge,..could be wrong). But it's worth it to me just as long as they keep working on it.

Regards

PS. I like it enough to take it across the pond,..

The best way to reach them is to submit a ticket to their support system.

Use this link here to get in touch with their customer support via the ticket system: http://www.flightfactor.aero/ticket/

Thank you, Tickets Sent.

It can hold it's own. It needs some refinements which are apparently being worked on and I've also pointed out a few other quirks and errors and provided some data to the developers to help. However that said the level d 767 to this day does have a couple bugs (to my knowledge,..could be wrong). But it's worth it to me just as long as they keep working on it.

Thanks!

Yes, I noticed the LDS 767 had some bugs. I particularly remember an annoying bug in which during cruise in the middle of a leg it would turn back 180º to the previous waypoint as if it had never passed it.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Did it Help ?

No.  But that is because of me - apparently.  I cannot locate "settings" within the NOAA folder.  I did, however find some other Python files which seemed to have made things look a lot better.

Still looking.

John

John Wingold