Sign in to follow this  
JROD8796

20 FPS INCREASE

Michael, I know we share quite a similar setup. May I ask you what FPS you achieve (in cockpit) sitting on 28R/L at FlightBeam KSFO HD in the NGX? Either with or without FTX NCA activated.

I remember this scenario being very smooth for me in P3D v3.0 with almost steady 30 FPS. Now, in v3.2 with equal settings, I experience an overall 6-7 less FPS in same scenarios. Cycling between Nvidia drivers does not help.

Will report back tonight UTC at 1600Z  :wink:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just to let you know, my testing is done onto P3D 3.1

Michael, I know we share quite a similar setup. May I ask you what FPS you achieve (in cockpit) sitting on 28R/L at FlightBeam KSFO HD in the NGX? Either with or without FTX NCA activated.

I remember this scenario being very smooth for me in P3D v3.0 with almost steady 30 FPS. Now, in v3.2 with equal settings, I experience an overall 6-7 less FPS in same scenarios. Cycling between Nvidia drivers does not help.

First FTX NCA used default control panel

I use LOD=high , Complexity maxed,Dense Autogen and no buildingshadows, airline AI traffic at 5% . ships 10%

No terrain shadows but maxed cloud shadows

medium water

Dynamic Reflections OFF

HD2048 4xMSAA

ASN weather KSFO 111602Z 17007KT 140V210 10SM SCT016 BKN028 BKN036 13/11 A3009 RMK AO2 T01330106 $. 3 Layers - 90nm and maxed in P3D

Straight forward at 28L Cold and dark

SLI 32FPS

Single 33FPS 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

It's unfortunate that nVidia drivers can cause such drastically different results for everyone ... kinda makes you wonder what nVidia device kit engineers are doing?

After a lot of FRAPS time frame logging/testing, I went back 361.43 as it consistently produce fewer long frames and improved texture load times.

Unfortunately 361.43 has a CPU utilization issue when using ShadowPlay more than about 5 or 6 recordings (longer recordings) ... this issue is specific to Win10 and was fixed in later driver releases.

A word of caution on using older drivers, sometimes they have security vulnerabilities that get exploited, so it's good to check HERE to make sure your driver is higher than that listed.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob, I wasn't aware of such things (although I work in IT).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

First FTX NCA used default control panel

I use LOD=high , Complexity maxed,Dense Autogen and no buildingshadows, airline AI traffic at 5% . ships 10%

No terrain shadows but maxed cloud shadows

medium water

Dynamic Reflections OFF

HD2048 4xMSAA

ASN weather KSFO 111602Z 17007KT 140V210 10SM SCT016 BKN028 BKN036 13/11 A3009 RMK AO2 T01330106 $. 3 Layers - 90nm and maxed in P3D

Straight forward at 28L Cold and dark

SLI 32FPS

Single 33FPS 

Michael Moe

Thanks.

1. Why do you get similar/one more FPS in single mode compared to SLI? Makes me rethink buying another GTX 970.

With your settings I get roughly 30 FPS as well. Apparently I was running to high settings. However, only with a scattered overcast I was down at 26 FPS. I slowly started to add some more goodies and noticed that dynamic lightning for some reason costs me 4 FPS when enabled on ULTRA. Turning it down to medium gains FPS again.

I also noticed that un-ticking OpenLC Canada/Alaska (or openLC_america2 in scenery library) saved me around 4 FPS, which is strange. This should not affect performance when flying in the US for instance.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Thanks.

1. Why do you get similar/one more FPS in single mode compared to SLI? Makes me rethink buying another GTX 970.

SLI sill not give you more fps with medium settings. If i crank Dynamic reflections and some heavy shadows maybe with SGSS it does the job.

Dynamic lights you say? where is that?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

SLI sill not give you more fps with medium settings. If i crank Dynamic reflections and some heavy shadows maybe with SGSS it does the job.

Dynamic lights you say? where is that?

Thanks Michael Moe

I mean dynamic reflections. Apparently a FPS killer for me.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I mean dynamic reflections. Apparently a FPS killer for me.

Thats totally normal

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

353.30 IN ACTION IN CYVR using one GTX970SC pretty maxed out

whaat the..... Sound not recording , damn but here it is anyway (must be a bug with 353.30 shadowplay)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Just noticed 353.30 was giving some TDR when using Chrome browser (driver resets).

It's a documented issue, just in case some of you get the same problem...

Wonder if anyone can explain the situation I am having. On Nvidia's latest drivers even up to 361.91, I needed to lock the frames at 32FPS or 33FPS to reduce any remaining slide-show effect on the rotating terrain while banking the aircraft. There was enough FPS head room so no problem. But without changing a single setting including VSYNC or TB=On, reverting back to 353.30 meant that I could lock it at 30FPS to achieve the same smoothness as was formerly possible only by adding a couple of frames to the lock. I'm on an old GTX760OC card.

My SLI GTX 780 reference GPU's are running as never before with the lasted build (364.72). The only important thing was to set vertical sync to adaptive (half refresh rate) and triple buffering on. On sim I have vsync on TB on and unlimited fps. Tried locking it at 30 with NI but it was a no go for me as the smoothness decreased.

whaat the..... Sound not recording , damn but here it is anyway (must be a bug with 353.30 shadowplay)

Thanks

Michael Moe

I hate the use of GPS's on GA aircrafts when in simulation. What happened to all the fun of using VOR's and NDB's?

IRL, if was a pilot, GPS would be mandatory for me! :Tounge:

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Thanks

Michael Moe

That's smooth!