Sign in to follow this  
JROD8796

20 FPS INCREASE

My SLI GTX 780 reference GPU's are running as never before with the lasted build (364.72).

I have been watching all the info on the new drivers and still cannot decide if I should upgrade them. I am running 361.91 for SLI on GTX980s on P3.2.3 and it seems to be working well. 

Is your experience with the latest build 364.72 on SLI improved?

thanks

I have been watching all the info on the new drivers and still cannot decide if I should upgrade them. I am running 361.91 for SLI on GTX980s on P3.2.3 and it seems to be working well. 

thanks

I have been away from simulation quite a bit. Last time I was around it was P3D v2.1 or v2.4 era really can't recall. But I do remember having serious issues with SLI. I even had worst performance with SLI ON and had a bunch of artifacts (known thing at the time).

I installed v3.2 a couple of weeks ago and had an nvidia driver (don't remember the build) that ruined my system so I was forced do clean install everything, that's when 364.72 appeared and ever since it's been a walk in the park specially with the adaptive refresh rate thing. Unfortunately the only reference I have regarding SLI performance is back to v2.x. To be honest I don't even know if SLI is function as It should, what I can tell you is that I never had such a performance with sliders to the right and zero problems.

Watch the video I have made pretty all maxed up except for shadows (low 10k, 30k, 6k) and dynamic reflections (off). Don't forget to put FullHD.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxru_hUFUsxeNFFYNjB4MEVkNzA

Regards,

AK

PS: How one can embed a video on the forum...? I have the code (<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxru_hUFUsxeNFFYNjB4MEVkNzA/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>) but was unable to do so.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

thanks

I have been a while with the 353.30 driver set and while it does have its moments i must admit the latest 364.72 is much better in SLI. Its just silky smooth like with a single card on my system.

That meens i can have almost everything maxed out (except dynamic reflections (medium) and still have A2A T6, Comanche 250 smooth in heavy areas like CYVR,EGLL at 28-40fps in the VC.

Just did a CYYJ(PNW version) to KHQM(freeware) in the "Texans" and never was i below 40fps maxed out.

Now i dont think it will do the job with thick overcast and ASN but it has to be a test in the future

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

... except dynamic reflections (medium)...

What GPU's are you using? On my system dynamic reflections eat a lot of frames. I estimate a decrease in performance of at least 25% even on low.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

I have been a while with the 353.30 driver set and while it does have its moments i must admit the latest 364.72 is much better in SLI. Its just silky smooth like with a single card on my system.

Just installed and tested 364.72 with SLI. Working as advertised, seems smooth and performance looks like the same. I like to keep up to date on the drivers and have a stable sim.

Thanks for the info. Time to get back to flying... 

What GPU's are you using? On my system dynamic reflections eat a lot of frames. I estimate a decrease in performance of at least 25% even on low.

Hard to say about the performance but i have 2 x GTX970SC from EVGA in SLI and this is truly heaven.

Sometimes we just take it for granted that new drivers via the inbuild Nvidia configuration is the best but i can tell you that using DDU un-installer and actually installing everything by hand , including the HD audio driver (that i do not use) is a blast.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hard to say about the performance but i have 2 x GTX970SC from EVGA in SLI and this is truly heaven.

Sometimes we just take it for granted that new drivers via the inbuild Nvidia configuration is the best but i can tell you that using DDU un-installer and actually installing everything by hand , including the HD audio driver (that i do not use) is a blast.

Michael Moe

I thought I had a glitch free SLI performance but during a flight to FB's KSFO HD from LatinVFR KSAN I got vertical sprites during the approach. There goes my theory regarding the new build... at least performance is nice. Gonna check the same flight with SLI OFF.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxru_hUFUsxeLWtEWmRjLXJnUm8

Those 780's are obsolete for P3D... See no one complaining about problems with SLI. Nevertheless I won't be buying new hardware.

With SLI OFF got even more sprites/vertical lines. Maybe next driver or maybe my system is messed up. :(

Edited by AlienKarma

Best regards, Luís