Sign in to follow this  

$20 flight stick vs. a $1000 Yoko Yoke

Holy crap!!! That was awesome. I love racing and motorsports in general, F1 being my favorite. Would love to do karts one day.

In the meantime I do iRacing and Project Cars.

I'll be going to the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona this year.

Might have to swing by the Virtual-Fly offices in Barcelona to check out Yoko the Yoke. :smile:

Hmmm, first of all it is completely strange to use yoke in the Texan, Airbus, Lancair Legacy, etc. :) I know it is muc more precise with the yoke, especially with Yoko, but still to weird for me. For that occasions I'm using Saitek Cyborg V1, not the best, but not the worst either.

Also after watching your video and seeing how simple internal design of the yoke is, I must ask now why the price is so steep? I mean, this should cost 300-400$ at most for that number of parts. I know it is metal and that is much muuuuch better than Saitek Pro Flight, but man 1000$?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Yes it has. I just ordered one today. Hopefully, I don't have to wait to long to gt it. Will report back when I do though.

Looks good, but I hear terrible stuff from those who buy from ACE. The customer service is supposedly terrible and they never respond to emails.

There are a few threads on here which you can read.

I'm living in Spain now, and a friend of the airclub Invite me to her house on day to see her rig, her computer and controls cos he fly in the sim when can't do it in RL, when arrive to the game room the first thing that I noted was the Yoke and later the throttle quadrant. I never see that one (I have a Saitek Cessna proflight edition that travel half world with me) so I asked. He only said the words "try it" and I get a ride in the Alabeo Aztec with the unknown controls for me, ####### pants, I can't believe the quality, the feeling, the precision, of the Yoke and the quadrant, (he has the twin engine) I don't wanted finish the flight but after an hour and a half it has to back to the ground. Then I asked him for that rare unknown never seen controls. He show me the Web page, the shop online and all the products, they are from Barcelona, Spain, I put me in contact with that wonderful creator of the YOKO and the quadrant, invite me to their headquarters in Barcelona to test and see all the magic there, was a one life experience, now I see my loyal saitek like a plastic toy..... And I felt in love with the YOKO and the quadrant and the rudder pedals too. I ask them why 850euros for the YOKO, 550 for the quadrant.... They explanation to me was deep and they convince me that I must have one YOKO with the twin engine quadrant too. The true is that I don't have 850euros to make my dreams come true, but that Is one of my goals I need a YOKO. Saitek was a toy, ch too,YOKO is the future and worth every penny.

ROBERT, I edited out your comment that violates AVSIM ToS, language. - Rob.

VF TQ6 quadrant got delayed, looks like sometime in August for availability.

Still using and enjoying my YOKO yoke ... it almost feels like cheating ;)

Cheers, Rob.

I received my YOKO in January this year. Best purchase I've made for simming for sure. I had a PFC Beech yoke and just didn't like it much so I sold it when I got the YOKO. I've got a lot of hours of use with it so far and it's still perfect. Some people have complained that there's no hat switch, but I have heard that they will replace the trim switch on the right side with one if you request it. I didn't want one since I use TrackIR but it's nice they will customize it a bit for you.

-Brendan

I would love to upgrade my Saitek for a Yoko Yoke and throttle quadrant. Just not sure I can get that kind of money past the wife. Especially as I just purchased some MFG Crosswind rudder pedals. I guess I will have to start buying lottery tickets.

VF TQ6 quadrant got delayed, looks like sometime in August for availability.

Still using and enjoying my YOKO yoke ... it almost feels like cheating ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

How are you liking your yoke and throttle quadrant?

I'm about to upgrade from an X-52.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Any particular reason you didn't choose GoFlight yokes? looking at your CP set up you are a heavy Gpflight customer.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

How are you liking your yoke and throttle quadrant?

VF Yoke is working extremely well.  VF TQ6 has developed a spike in the Prop arms/pots ... have been working with VF rep, VF confirmed a fix and will hopefully be sending me replacement parts soon.  I got one of the early "custom" production run units.

Any particular reason you didn't choose GoFlight yokes?

Motion distance of the GF yokes are shorter than VF, the longer the yoke motion the more precision per mm of physical input.

Cheers, Rob.