Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

Guest JustanotherPilot

As you said, the common is indeed common to all..

So, any aircraft specific changes should be placed in the assigned texture folder, not the common folder.

Bert,

I'm having trouble explaining this, I'll try a different approach.

In the CJ2 folder there are folders Texture, texture.1, texture.2,texture.3,texture.4, texture.5 - all of these contain textures for the aircraft liveries. The remaining folder, texture.common, the textures for panel,pilots,gauges background etc are kept whch are shared by all of the previous textures. NOW in the GTN750 Mods there are files that overwrite textures in the texture.common files.

My question is, how do I retain the original texture.common files(and point to them) for use in the default installation, now that they have been changed by overwriting them in the Mods. In other words I need 2 texture.common folders (original and mods) but how do I point to them in the aircraft cfg file when they are accessed by default without referencing them.

Now that I have totally confused you(and myself) can you, or anyone else, work out a solution

Steve

Try putting the mods into a specific texture folder only, and leave the common folder as it was originally.

Bert

Amazing Guys!!! Everything work great!

Thank you very much! to every single one of you who did this Mod possible.

I love flying my plane even more now, thanks again!

Best regards!    :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Hi Guys,

Its been a couple of months since you announced a temporary hold on any further work regarding the mods and updates. Just wondering if you have any estimate as to when you will be working on the nonGTN mod or any anticipated release date?

Just like to extend my gratitude to you guys for working on these projects so we can have a better flying experience!. Appreciate you guys all have work and families etc and are devoting your free time to this.

Thanks

Ian

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

You guys butchered this panel beyond all prototypical recognition. Ever think of replacing the ancient Bendix/King radio stack? That's how it's done in the real world.

http://pulseaero.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/pic1pub.jpg

And that is where the real world and the 3d modeling world are different... unfortunately.

Only the original authors, Carenado, can do that - ask them!

• Upvote 1

Bert

Is there any way of getting the improvements made to the FMA (YD, FD, ALTSEL indications etc..) to work on the C90 GTX ? If so, I would really appreciate knowing how this can be done. Thanks.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Well... I am having the same problem again! After reinstalling I get a CTD every time I try with the mods. 

In an attempt to troubleshoot I started with the clean PANEL.CFG and made changes until it crashed. 

It works fine with mods until I enable the MFD_GTN_Engine_Intruments.xml 

When I look in that xml file there is a line: <Image id="pfdbackgroundproline21NOP.bmp" Name="pfdbackgroundproline21NOP.bmp">

There is no pfdbackgroundproline21NOP.bmp in that CARPROLINE21_CJ525A folder. 

Anyone else run into this problem? A fix? 

Thanks!

This is odd. 

I have been using the mods since day one and no issues. 

Now, every time I select the Carenado CJ2 I get a Fatal Error and FSX crashes to desktop. 

I deleted and reinstalled the plane. Followed the mod instructions to the letter. GTN works in other planes. Still crashes every time I select the CJ2. If I go back to the original panel.cfg it works fine. 

Anyone else have an issue? Any ideas? 

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: And... never mind. On about the third try it worked. Hopefully won't rear its ugly head again as I have no desire to fly this without the mods!

Eddie
KABQ

You guys butchered this panel beyond all prototypical recognition. Ever think of replacing the ancient Bendix/King radio stack? That's how it's done in the real world.

We wish man... but you can't - the 3d knobs/model get's in the way!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just a quick bump. No one else have a CTD problem with the mods?

Well... I am having the same problem again! After reinstalling I get a CTD every time I try with the mods. 

In an attempt to troubleshoot I started with the clean PANEL.CFG and made changes until it crashed. 

It works fine with mods until I enable the MFD_GTN_Engine_Intruments.xml 

When I look in that xml file there is a line: <Image id="pfdbackgroundproline21NOP.bmp" Name="pfdbackgroundproline21NOP.bmp">

There is no pfdbackgroundproline21NOP.bmp in that CARPROLINE21_CJ525A folder. 

Anyone else run into this problem? A fix? 

Thanks!

Eddie
KABQ

Hey guys,

Quick question.  I've recently upgraded all my hardware and in doing so, I also upgraded from FSX to P3d.  I'm running P3d V3.4 and after installing MOD version 1.4 I get black PFD's and annunciator panels.  I've tried to reinstall several different times with no luck.  The GTN is working fine in the MFD, Click spots are where they should be, and the FMS is showing the data page, just no PFD's.  Any ideas?  

Thanks!

Matt 

Matt Moore

Chief Pilot | Elite Airways "The Virtual Executive Airline" 

I checked my old emails and found this one dated 10/30/15.

Hello Carenado,

Now that the Carenado CJ2 has been delayed until next year, maybe when it is again being worked on you could consider adding the optional GTN750 to the panel. I know that many of the recent Carenado business jets are being sold just so the customer can add the GTN750 to the panel for FSX.

Please take at look at one suggestion in the attached screenshot.

Regards,

ANS: Thanks Ray, we will take it a look.

We have not study that option for now.

My Suggestion screenshot

CJ2 750 option_sml.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I just installed the 1.5 mod in the CJ2 and everything works great EXCEPT the VSpeed sounds. I have pasted the sound files into every sound folder on the planet and still no 80 knot  VSpeed callouts. What am I doing wrong.

Regards

Roger