Sign in to follow this  
raymar

SHOWTIME The long awaited Panel upgrade and GTN/AP/mods are now available

Guest JustanotherPilot

Question for the Developers - Can I have a dual panel installation in the CJ2 folder, one with the mod, and the standard panel. If I create a folder in the Carenado/CJ2 installation called panel.mod and install all the necessary files for the GTN 750 mod in this and then in the aircraft cfg file add an entry to one of the aircraft textures to panel=mod. Would this allow me to select the aircraft depending on which panel I choose to fly the CJ2 with.

Instead of renaming the Gauge files in the gauges folder, leave them so that those aircraft using the standard install could access them.

See the images for clarity.

Would this work?

panelmodd_zpsvia0joj7.jpg

acmodcfg_zpsomuv3hbh.jpg

Guest JustanotherPilot

Yup, that would work..

Thanks Bert, how would I go about the changes to the texture.common folder needed for the mods - how do I separate both for each respective panel versions

This is odd. 

I have been using the mods since day one and no issues. 

Now, every time I select the Carenado CJ2 I get a Fatal Error and FSX crashes to desktop. 

I deleted and reinstalled the plane. Followed the mod instructions to the letter. GTN works in other planes. Still crashes every time I select the CJ2. If I go back to the original panel.cfg it works fine. 

Anyone else have an issue? Any ideas? 

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------

EDIT: And... never mind. On about the third try it worked. Hopefully won't rear its ugly head again as I have no desire to fly this without the mods!

Eddie
KABQ

Quick question, will the mods added to the FMA (that corrects the ALTS, FD etc indications) work with the C90GTX? I am willing to test it out if I am pointed in the right direction on how to add this mod to the C90GTX.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Quick question, will the mods added to the FMA (that corrects the ALTS, FD etc indications) work with the C90GTX? I am willing to test it out if I am pointed in the right direction on how to add this mod to the C90GTX.

There is a separate C90GTX mod, PM me..

Thanks Bert, how would I go about the changes to the texture.common folder needed for the mods - how do I separate both for each respective panel versions

Not sure what you are asking, but each variant has its corresponding texture folder (texture=) and then uses the texture.common folder as a fallback.  Any variant specific changes can be included in the texture folder that is assigned to the airplane.

Bert

THanks for the offer Bert, but I am interested in the mods made to the PFD only. I am sure there is a way to add this to the C90GTX just as it was added to the CJ2

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Guest JustanotherPilot

There is a separate C90GTX mod, PM me..

Not sure what you are asking, but each variant has its corresponding texture folder (texture=) and then uses the texture.common folder as a fallback.  Any variant specific changes can be included in the texture folder that is assigned to the airplane.

Bert

In each aircraft folder there is a folder called texture.common where the textures are shared by all of the separate aircraft textures and are common to all(such as VC panel textures). In the MODS  folder there is replacement textures to be placed in the texture.common folder(I don't know which files have been replaced).

In doing this, the texture.common now applies only to the MODS, so, how do I retain BOTH texture.common files to use - and point to,their respective aircraft(one for mods, one for the original)

Hope this makes sense.

As you said, the common is indeed common to all..

So, any aircraft specific changes should be placed in the assigned texture folder, not the common folder.

Bert

Hi, 

having a bit of a confused moment. installation text ok until I reach,

5. Copy and paste the following 4 files to your Texture.Common folder (make sure you have made backup of your originals)

gauge_1.dds
gauge_1_night.dds
gauge_1_night2.dds
gauge_1_ngiht3.dds

-say yes to overwrite

6. Add copy the F1GTN.ini file to the CJ2 folder

On the file I downloaded " CJ2 GTN+ Clickspots Mod v1.1"

I don't have any DDS files, nor a F1GTN.ini.

Also what do I do with the folder marked "clickspots" and the other named "FLINFO" ?

I must be missing something!

Matt511,

I think you need the ver 1.4 mod file. Check back through the posts and find the download link for ver 1.4. It includes the 4 texture.common files for the frame etching and ALT knob.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Will the mod work with P3D? Does it require the GTN 650 as well as the GTN 750?

Thank you.

Hi...

Works fine in P3D and you need the 750...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi...

Yeah - I'm one of Carenado's biggest critics - and while not perfect - I have been truly enjoying this one... You have to use the GTN mod if you want to fly at all realistically with ATC and RNAV approaches - as the FMC doesn't cut it...

Enjoy !

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7