Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

Aerofly 2 really bad, refunded.

Just want to say thanks Heimi, Uninstaller, HiFlyer and JimmiG for some great feedback. Personally I'm not going to buy this just yet but I'm eager to see how the Early Access develops and will probably look at purchasing this or DTGFS (or both) at the end of the year...

• Upvote 1

Is this game at a set resolution or can you adjust it to your default rez?

Why did they model a pilot but not a copilot? We are the pilot so don't need a vc view of ourselves but would love to have a working copilot.

Planes look early Fs9 with overly done bump mapping.

Would love to see some night screenshots of vc lighting and outside city lighting.

But - we spend 50 plus on just a plane for FSX so for 50 bucks this whole sim seems like a great deal to me for just something new to play with.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1) Adjustable resolution.

2) I can't remember ever seeing a copilot modeled.

3) I've always thought Aeroflys plane modeling was gorgeous. I noted they even had cockpit reflections on the dials, an often overlooked detail.

4) I would like to see the night lighting too.

A small company taking a risk on a highly complex product for a notoriously finicky market probably needs all the ready cash they can get so they can afford to continue timely development. (Which I half suspect is at least partly what Flight School is all about)

I don't mind supporting their stated goals for $50

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Etc.......

With all due respect to those developers, saying OSM data isn't complete enough in their region so instead we'll leave flat nothingness in its place makes no sense. I've flown all over California in XP10 with it and there's a ton of data. It's the most complete area in the US.

And even with some holes, it's still worlds better then nothing.

The problem with their approach is the quality of the source material. I could "give it a chance" but I don't think google is loaning them a satellite anytime soon to get higher rez textures.

So it comes down to whether you like the approach. If you do, enjoy. But it's not going to magically become something else just because I'm patient. Those pointing that out do indeed have a point.

Take Call of Duty for example. You may like it. But it'll never be Arma3 or Squad because of the approach. Different strokes and it's OK to acknowledge not every product will grow to fit everyone.

With all due respect to those developers, saying OSM data isn't complete enough in their region so instead we'll leave flat nothingness in its place makes no sense. I've flown all over California in XP10 with it and there's a ton of data. It's the most complete area in the US.

Time will tell.

Honestly all this just seems like an open opportunity for addon developers, whom they are actively trying to accommodate.

World2Aerofly?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Great review, JimmiG.

What about flight dynamics?

The video by Jeff_Favignano shows off the flight dynamics really well. Seems like they're OK but don't expect super accurate stall/spin behavior.

• Upvote 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I got to try it out, not bad for early access. can do basic navigation flights using skyvector. no ooms, no crash. so its a good start.

of course. Multiplayer, Real Weather, hardware compatibilty, water... etc. hope they continue working on it and provide with tools to the community (they already said they will, but I need to see those).

Well, I'm in too :-)

The last video helped!

Thx barrel_owl !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Anybody fancy taking some screenshots of Edwards AFB, Nellis AFB and the Groom Lake area?

Well, I'm in too :-)

The last video helped!

Thx barrel_owl !!!

Something is going to get uninstalled 

Video looks very good . 

For India Steam it's quite cheap. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Something is going to get uninstalled 

Hahahahahahahahah!!  :smile:

Devons rig

I'll just leave this here from game unedited!

aerofly_fs_screenshot_11_20160522_124136

• Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Something I can just load up and fly that looks and acts good right from the start (no tweaking!) sounds pretty tasty at this juncture in sim-life.

Yes, that is something that I miss. I have been messing about recently downloading photoscenery "segments" to cover up poor quality areas in the Horizon UK VFR Photographic England & Wales scenery. Unfortunately, now that I have started, I keep seeing more and more areas that require "treatment". It's becoming a bit of a PITA! Why do I have to be such a perfectionist? :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That is gorgeous z06z33! I really do love how at cruise altitude you feel like you are actually over the world. It's just something that photoreal gives you. Keep the positivity coming guys, approach this sim with an open mind if you don't mind parting with a price that an addon airplane costs for your sim.