Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Drzewiecki grass & snow textures

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I haven't tried it and probably will not try either.

It looks great, but I'm afraid the the high res grass will have a huge impact on VAS, going to 4096x4096 pix

I will try it and report back  

I am not too fond of the installer wanting to add lines to my fsx.cfg..... So I decided not to install it.

Can you not install to a temp folder first?

I am not too fond of the installer wanting to add lines to my fsx.cfg..... So I decided not to install it.

That should not be a big deal, since you can always backup your fsx.cfg file first. The HIGHMEMFIX is very well known by avoiding OOM problems in FSX anyway.

Cheers, Ed

That should not be a big deal, since you can always backup your fsx.cfg file first. The HIGHMEMFIX is very well known by avoiding OOM problems in FSX anyway.

Cheers, Ed

Quite right and for as long as I know the Highmemfix is already in my almost perfect cfg file.

Ofcourse I can make a backup (which of course I already have) but still I do not like installers to alter my cfg file. I wish a manual installation...

Quite right and for as long as I know the Highmemfix is already in my almost perfect cfg file.

Ofcourse I can make a backup (which of course I already have) but still I do not like installers to alter my cfg file. I wish a manual installation...

Yes, you're probably right. I would also prefer a manual installation also.

Cheers, Ed

I use it(FSX-SE and P3D) and I'm very happy with it :wink:

Thanks, good to know. By chance, do you have REX installed?, or any ORBX scenery?. I don't know if they already had a modified texture for grass that could get modified by this new texture set from Dzewiecki.

Cheers, Ed

Does it also change grass runways? I have always disliked the brown textures for grass runways in the FSX/P3D world.

Yes, you're probably right. I would also prefer a manual installation also.

Cheers, Ed

Thanks, good to know. By chance, do you have REX installed?, or any ORBX scenery?. I don't know if they already had a modified texture for grass that could get modified by this new texture set from Dzewiecki.

Cheers, Ed

Yes I've all NA ORBX regions and almost all airports(I love this grass at Vernonia).

I would assume (not positive), this add on only replaces the default  FS grass textures with no effect on any ORBX scenery unless ORBX is using default grass.

I agree about the manual installation preference vs auto install; however Drzewiecki is a highly respected payware  developer and I would trust his installer completely.  I intend to try this out when back home on PC.

I'm very far from being an expert, but the grass I found in ORBX libraries are very different of Drzewiecki. They seem to be "high" grass and Drzewiecki looks like a "carpet" grass. May be somebody knows for sure if ORBX ues default grass + their own"grass". Anyway I see no conflict in my FSX since I use Drzewiecki grass!

I'm not being able to install the summer textures to P3Dv3.2 in any of my two machines (desktop and laptop). It keeps showing the default grass textures. Anyone having this?.

Cheers,

Ed

Hi all:

Drzewiecki Design confirmed it was a problem with the version v2.0. They posted a new version v2.1 to overcome the issues. The link is at their forums.

Cheers, Ed

Yes,   working perfect and can be located and downloaded here http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodDD_GrassX.htm  (Its Freeware) 

Installation is quick and painless.  The Installer will Modify the detail1.bmp file in Scenery\World\Texture folder from a Default 11 KB to a whooping 10,923

To return to Default Grass,  Just run the Installer again and click Default Grass   

27237843211_86c078a99e_o.png

27307765735_b6ebd0cbf9_o.png

27274432446_61970042e6_o.png

Summer Grass 

27307756265_63779910d5_o.png

27274445196_eb45411605_o.png

Hi Elaine, excellent post!

Cheers, Ed