Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

10.50b is out!

This is more a question for AlpilotX ... is is possible to create periodic updates of just the roads & autogen (without updating the mesh)?

-Rob 

This is more a question for AlpilotX ... is is possible to create periodic updates of just the roads & autogen (without updating the mesh)?

-Rob 

Well, theoretically yes ... the DSF scenery format allows you to dissect almost all of its aspects in separate files. You could have a DSF for mesh, for forests, for roads, for autogen, for objects, for facades ... but it would also make a lot of things fairly complicated to manage. So, I doubt anyone is aiming for this level of "separation" ... And in cities, usually its nice to have halfway city like textures where you place autogen (and ground textures are linked to the base mesh). And you might also like to have the forests (if there were some previously) removed too ... so, its not unlikely, that in the end - if you want a coherent picture in the end - you are better off with updating the whole package, instead of patching here and there.

(on the other hand, w2xp style overlay add-on scenery is effectively already doing something like you imagine ... in a way)

Here is another nice Manhattan picture:

Car_C337_ny_1.jpg

• Upvote 3

Here is another nice Manhattan picture:

Very impressive, I like the direction LR is going with the autogen :-)

Quick question, what are the airliner static aircraft included; can you change airline texture and parking placements etc?

Simon

Not sure what Chicago has to do with the confederate battle flag, but OK.

NAX669.png

Strange things happen here:

I see the new static AI aircraft in Heathrow (lots) but only very few elsewere (two in Vancouver Intl.) but none in KJFK or KBOS.

Over London I have 6 FPS in NYC 16 ...

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Not sure what Chicago has to do with the confederate battle flag, but OK.

Am I missing something?

Very impressive, I like the direction LR is going with the autogen :-)

Does the new Autogen have any immediate implications on W2XP covered areas? As far as I understand not, as W2XP has its own OSM-based objects and database, or...?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Strange things happen here:

I see the new static AI aircraft in Heathrow (lots) but only very few elsewere (two in Vancouver Intl.) but none in KJFK or KBOS.

Over London I have 6 FPS in NYC 16 ...

Hi Till,

not sure about the framerate (didn´t get to download b2 yet) - but the number of static aircraft will be directly related to the number of available parking spots placed by the scenery author. You can check if you pick "location" and the "select global airport" - and then look at the available spawn positions (minus the runways). Also note that if the original author used "misc" as type of spawn, the new system will not place any aircraft there. This was poorly documented in WED before, so we authors placed a alot of "misc", because the other options (gate, tie-down, hangar) did not match the spot, really...

Jan

Chicago looks better now.

nnpelu.jpg

Hmm...

I "guess" we're making progress?  ('ol FSX below)

2009-11-23_19-26-17-830%20kopie.jpg

Chicago looks better now.

nnpelu.jpg

Sorry, but I am absolutely sure, you are NOT looking at default autogen here, but instead at some other add-on scenery (w2xp, osm2xp or hand made). The buildings are too specific (they are models of many of the real world ones) to be autogen :wink:!

This how the autogen Chicago looks like (with HD Mesh Scenery v3, but its based on the same autogen artwork as default scenery ... so it should be quite similar):

Car_C337_1_1.jpg

Thats why I always say: before you state something, check your facts :wink:

• Upvote 8

Sorry, but I am absolutely sure, you are NOT looking at default autogen here, but instead at some other add-on scenery (w2xp, osm2xp or hand made). The buildings are too specific (they are models of many of the real world ones) to be autogen :wink:!

This how the autogen Chicago looks like (with HD Mesh Scenery v3, but its based on the same autogen artwork as default scenery ... so it should be quite similar):

Thats why I always say: before you state something, check your facts :wink:

Thanks, that was it. Might also explain why my Manhattan is different. Over the years my custom scenery has alot of user made cities. I found the Chicago scenery and removed it, now it looks like this:

16blv77.jpg

Reminds me of Sim City 4 :smile:

zu9WoYW.jpg

• Upvote 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]