Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Looking for a decent biz jet

Hi all,

I've flown the Flight1 Mustang for years but *sigh* I'm looking for a replacement.  I liked the glass cockpit (as limited as it was) and layout of the Mustang, as limited as it was.  Maybe someday there'll be a new Mustang.  Anyway, I'd like to get one that I didn't need to put the GTN750 in and would like a working autopilot with all modes (including FMC).  I know Carenado has several though I don't really follow them much.  I'd like to hear your suggestions and pros and cons. 

Thanks in advance.

Eaglesoft Citation X is absolutely gorgeous from the outside with winglets.

FMC is as complex as it gets.

Inside panels are a little dated but it handles brilliantly.

I have the Mustang - whilst I might take that for a circuit I'd pick the Citation every time for a trip.

This aircraft is still actively supported in an owners forum by the developers.

Dean

I second the Eaglesoft Citation X. Everything works.

Greg

I have it.  The one thing I liked about the Mustang is I could be up and taxiing in 5 minutes...it's just easy to set up for a flight at the end of a long day.  The Citation X takes me quite a bit longer (as it should...it's a cruiser).   

There's really no other option if you want working systems. F1 Mustang or ES C750.

We'll have to wait for the ES C560 and MV LJ60

The flysimware learjet is 50% off right now

You know somethings up when a add-on Aircraft shows you all the images of the cabin and outside first and the last image shown is the cockpit.

I noticed this with the flysimware learjet

Bob

• Upvote 1

The thing is the guys at Flightsimware  are a switched on bunch of guys so they know why they leave the graphics alone but as a simmer Im really curious as to why they do this. Are the actual graphics the most expensive part of the development and systems are easy peazy? 

I've flown the Flight1 Mustang for years but *sigh* I'm looking for a replacement.  I liked the glass cockpit (as limited as it was) and layout of the Mustang, as limited as it was.

What do you mean by limited? The G1000 in the Mustang was the best G1000 ever released for a home simulator.

What do you mean by limited? The G1000 in the Mustang was the best G1000 ever released for a home simulator.

No VNAV, no ability to use airways when flight planning, no ability to save flight plans and some other things.  Flight1 even says that their G1000 is light.  As I heard one RW Mustang pilot say, "You live on the VNAV screen".  The closest you do in the Mustang is just use the flight plan without altitudes.  Like I've said in many places, I love the Mustang but my sim is having horrible problems running it so I'm looking to replace it with something different...and, hopefully, close functionally.  

• Upvote 1

Everyone wants a good looking girl friend, and most also want someone with brains too!

Bob

Everyone wants a good looking girl friend, and most also want someone with brains too!

Bob

Yeah, if I wanted another heavy metal I could go that route.  So much to choose from.

No VNAV, no ability to use airways when flight planning, no ability to save flight plans and some other things.  Flight1 even says that their G1000 is light.  As I heard one RW Mustang pilot say, "You live on the VNAV screen".  The closest you do in the Mustang is just use the flight plan without altitudes.  Like I've said in many places, I love the Mustang but my sim is having horrible problems running it so I'm looking to replace it with something different...and, hopefully, close functionally.  

I hear you Gregg and you are right. Compared to the G1000 in the Carenado jets the Flight1 G1000 is very complete, but a you've pointed out it still has flaws compared to the real thing.

I hear you Gregg and you are right. Compared to the G1000 in the Carenado jets the Flight1 G1000 is very complete, but a you've pointed out it still has flaws compared to the real thing.

Yeah...on the verge of greatness I think...but only the verge. 

hhhmmmm... costs of F1 Mustang with G1000 - pretty complete but not full functionality = $34.95 //

costs of >> G1000 STUDENT SIMULATOR PRO
Includes all the features of the G1000 Student Simulator, plus built-in support for integration with the Simkits TRC1000 and the Emuteq G1000. This version is also suitable for cockpit building. Also includes a simulated Integrated Electronic Standby Instrument system (IESI).

$995.00 on CD (Licensed for commercial (non-resell) use. Does not include Flight Simulator X, Prepar3D, or hardware.)

... think I'll stick with the Flight 1 G1000 :smile:

No VNAV, no ability to use airways when flight planning, no ability to save flight plans and some other things. 
They have the "banana" ;-)  I hear you.  The GTN750 still has no VNAV but it has the other two features.  Unfortunately, other than buying the Carenados and stuff in a GTN750 and then put up with their other incomplete stuffs, you are very limited to the ES 750 and nothing else at the moment.  You could get the PMDG 737 and paint it in "bizjet" liveries (there are a couple of 737-600 and 737-700 variant that is quite nice.  I found the lack of VNAV in the Mustang ok, force me to think and calculate my own descend and hand fly the thing.  Sure it's not as complete as the real thing, but apparently programming VNAV into the unit is too much work for F1 for the money they think they can make.  Many people just want the pretty shells, fly a few rounds, next...

I would put in a vote for the Carenado Phenom 300 + Flight1 GTN750 combination for a personal luxury jet.

This makes for a very nice cockpit environment and a good flight model.

A plane that is staying in my hangar  :smile:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-in-phenom-300_topic53360.html

If a "corporate jet" is more your thing, the Hawker is not bad either..

http://www.simforums.com/forums/flight1-gtn-in-carenado-hawker_topic52473.html

I did not know that the Eaglesoft CX 750 was the only biz jet available with working VNAV and the other avionics capabilities that Gregg mentioned. No wonder I'm so addicted to it.

Ted

They have the "banana" ;-) I hear you. The GTN750 still has no VNAV but it has the other two features. Unfortunately, other than buying the Carenados and stuff in a GTN750 and then put up with their other incomplete stuffs, you are very limited to the ES 750 and nothing else at the moment. You could get the PMDG 737 and paint it in "bizjet" liveries (there are a couple of 737-600 and 737-700 variant that is quite nice. I found the lack of VNAV in the Mustang ok, force me to think and calculate my own descend and hand fly the thing. Sure it's not as complete as the real thing, but apparently programming VNAV into the unit is too much work for F1 for the money they think they can make. Many people just want the pretty shells, fly a few rounds, next...

The banana was a nice plus!  Not being overly critical here...I do still love flying it.  But it is interesting that GA, not just this aircraft, has lagged so far behind on these nav features.

My go to jet has always been the eaglesoft citation x. They are working on a challenger right now. Milviz is working on a Learjet 60XR. The flight1 mustang has the best G1000 simulation in my opinion. I just got the flysimware learjet 35A that is amazing, and I use the flight1 GTN 750 in the it. I decided to take the learjet out for the first flight on PilotEdge, and well..... it was interesting. haha.