Sign in to follow this  
Coolieboy

Unrealistic 787 Wing Flex...on PMDG 777 + Main Landing Gear Does Not Lift On Rotate

Anders,

It was only put on the 777-300 due to the extra 15.5 feet behind the gear as compared to the 777-200LR

Thanks for the explanation. :) 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Yesterday I realized that when you extend the slats, the wing flex actually dicreases. Is that also on purpose?

I know that we all strive for perfection with flight simulation but if you are flying in a 777 Level D simulator you don't see if there is wing flex. I want to fly the aircraft,know systems and procedures. That is my opinion but I also have 3500 hours of actual flight time.I have been using PMDG products since they came out with the first manual for Aerowinx's 747-400 sim in the 90's.They are the top of the tower that everyone else is trying to climb too.

JeffG

Hey guys. Sorry I literally have had no time at all to play any games. I've abandoned my PS4 Xbox and PC for so long :(

1st off I found this on YT and would like you guy's opinion. Now this is a flight from LHR-HNK and the wing flex looks minimal upon approach. Maybe there is something wrong with the replay or maybe he is light. Either way, I recently flew on a B77W to Honk Kong from London on a Cathay flight in Business and the wings barely flexed on approach.

And about before, like I said, I did not mean to offend and no I do not know a lot about the 777. Just general stuff and more than most but it has been a concern and i wanted to address it.

Hope the guys who have ridiculed me understand :)

5EIqX2L.jpg

I was just out at LAX spotting last Friday and thought I'd re-create this pic I took in FSX.

Leon, would you mind explaining to us how distractingly unrealistic the wing flex is again?

I won't lie, this is an excellent side by side comparison. I still need to take flight and make my own. I will within the next week.Maybe even tomorrow actual but yes, I cannot argue against this picture at all.

Leon Jackson

Well, you can guesstimate it based on fuel rules and how airlines load up planes like the 77W for long haul flights. At any rate OP said to take a long haul flight and compare it to the PMDG 777 to see how mind-blowingly bad the wing flex was on landing. So I did!

Wow! What an oversight on my part! I re-ran my simulation and turns out OP is right:

bird%20flu.gif

Could the moderators please look at this post and decide if this is trolling

Jay

• Upvote 1

Could the moderators please look at this post and decide if this is trolling

Jay

Yes, let's ban that flappy wing airplane from FAA airspace!

This thread is still alive???

b1d.png_zpsgwigea8t.jpeg

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png