Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Here is the Bizjet List for P3D

My regrets.

Didn't you say  "I'm not much on eye candy but systems modelling is very important."?

The Youtube reviews and tutorials demnstrate clearly the nature of the interiors and yes they are a little old.

As G suggested you really should try to fly this beast. It is a challenge and once your cruising at 45.000 feet the exterior views are excellent.

Assuming you followed the previous advice to buy from Eaglesoft / Flight1 you can still get your refund in 29 days.

Let us know how you get on.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time. Most of these also work in the other brands of FS...

Might be nice if you could add a column for reviews with a link.

-Ken

I could probably do that.

Thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully the flysimware Falcon textures are better than the Lear.  I do applaud them, each release their aircraft look better.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How is the performance on Citation X? Will it run well with 4790k and GTX980?

On my ancient system it runs great, was also fine on my previous build as well. Current is i7 930 & GTX970 (bit of a mismatch but it works well).

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Just had my first oppurtunity to get into the Citation X for a ride. I can concur with the criticism regarding the dated VC (however it's not THAT bad imho). However I think I am going to like this little bird! Seems quite deep systems-wise (caveat: though I know practically nothing about this particular type of bird..). It was a real joy to hand-fly. Next up for me is to really rest the FMS and following a proper flight plan. 

Performance was great on my rig (6700K at 4.7 GTX980TI 6gb)

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It's an old plane so performance is probably the best in your hangar.  Almost as good as default mooney/cessna

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just had my first oppurtunity to get into the Citation X for a ride. I can concur with the criticism regarding the dated VC (however it's not THAT bad imho). However I think I am going to like this little bird! Seems quite deep systems-wise (caveat: though I know practically nothing about this particular type of bird..). It was a real joy to hand-fly. Next up for me is to really rest the FMS and following a proper flight plan. 

It is very in depth, was watching a youtube video from a real CX pilot, who went into the FMS to check how long the IRS alignment was going to take. Didn't realise you could do it, took a few minutes to find it, but it is in there!

G

Thanks for answering my question.

By the way, SimMarket running a sale on the Learjet at the moment. 18.44EUR.

So tempted, so tempted but must resist!

Still resisting .. ..

G

Is it that bad? :P

What can I say, I have far too many add ons that I don't fly or have only flown for a couple of flights tops. If it was on Flight1 I might buy it to see how much I like it, but not on Simmarket.....

G

On the Flysimware Lear... not a bad price!  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Okay I might need advice ... I'm pretty settled on getting the Eaglesoft Citation X and maybe/probably the Xtreme Prototypes glj Learjet 25.

But I would want a decent enough modern (aka not analogue) biz jet with good graphics and a somewhat functioning hydraulic system behavior.

I was considering the Wilco Falcon7X but the reviews in its thread about the autopilot are so scathing  that I think it's probably not worth it although from some videos it looked like the systems are okay.

Any other suggestions? I don't need super range but it would be nice if it looked nice ... more preferably jet than very light jet ;)

Just also wanna thank again for this great thread

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

If the Citation X is a bit too dated you could honestly fly the PMDG 737 (with the -600/700 expansion) as a BBJ - those aren't super common but I work a few here and there.

Other than that you're pretty much limited to Flysimware, XP Lear and ES Citation for that sort of thing.  I can't recall if the mustang has hydraulic modelling...  haven't flown it in years.

Oh and if you want non analogue you're limited to the ES Citation and PMDG NG hehe.  Take a pass on the Wilco!  I think even the upcoming flysimware Falcon will be analogue (I was hoping for partial EHSI but I don't think they're going to do that)

You'll have to wait for the ES C560+ or the Mystery developer Lear 60 XR (or maybe the Milviz one)

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |