Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

Just want to say thanks

Hello Dovetail team and fellow Simmers

For the last little while I have read the forums and have seen a lot of negative comments about the upcoming "New" Sim and a lot of "demands" of what Simmers expect and there has also been a good amount of positive feedback as well, so all in all its good conversation which in the end will help the Dovetail team make the best product they can.

I just want to say, Thank you Dovetail, for helping give us simmers something new to look forward too.

I'm sure the product you will put out will be absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to give this thing a whirl!

It's great to be a Flight Sim enthusiast right now, the future is bright!

Keep up the Great Work!!

Cheers

Greg Z

• Upvote 1

Really?

We haven't seen anything from them to write home about, putting Flight School aside, which in my humble opinion is a dud, but I am not the target audience for this product. 

For now there is a lot of hot air, but no substance. Their recent survey was more a marketing gimmick than anything. Three months before the scheduled release they want to know what we want? Really?

They've been lurking in these forums for 2 years and they want to find out shortly before the release what flight simmers want? Mmmmh.

So far I have only seen products that seem to be created for the masses and not for the hard core simmer. There is a certain passion missing from their products and it shows.

But maybe I am totally wrong and they will surprise us with their new flight sim....

For now there are a few good choices out there and Dovetail have to really get their act together if they want to impress me or more importantly have me as a customer.

Time will tell.....

• Upvote 4

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

So far I have only seen products that seem to be created for the masses and not for the hard core simmer. There is a certain passion missing from their products and it shows.

Agreed, it should not be for "the masses". I recommend DTG to call it "EliteSim" or maybe "AristoSim: only for the best".

• Upvote 2

Agreed, it should not be for "the masses". I recommend DTG to call it "EliteSim" or maybe "AristoSim: only for the best".

:Big Grin:  :Big Grin:  :Big Grin:  :Big Grin:

• Upvote 1

Hello Dovetail team and fellow Simmers

For the last little while I have read the forums and have seen a lot of negative comments about the upcoming "New" Sim and a lot of "demands" of what Simmers expect and there has also been a good amount of positive feedback as well, so all in all its good conversation which in the end will help the Dovetail team make the best product they can.

I just want to say, Thank you Dovetail, for helping give us simmers something new to look forward too.

I'm sure the product you will put out will be absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to give this thing a whirl!

It's great to be a Flight Sim enthusiast right now, the future is bright!

Keep up the Great Work!!

Cheers

Greg Z

Thank you Greg Z. That is very kind of your to say. 

- Martin 

For now there are a few good choices out there and Dovetail have to really get their act together if they want to impress me or more importantly have me as a customer.

What would impress you Silicus?

- Martin 

• Upvote 1

On a simpler note, thanks for even taking on FSX and making it compatible with steam. That is the reason why I gained a renewed interest in flight sim.

In terms of DTG's new flight sim, I would say thank you to any company that decided to continue on where FSX left off to develop a sim, whether it ultimately meets the all hardcore simmers standards or not. I know I don't really have anything invested in this sim (money/energy/considerable amount of time), so who am I to complain about release dates and numerous features that I would like to see while maintaining a competitive price. They don't owe me a thing. If they push back the release date, so be it. Market will ultimately determine whether it was a success or not.

• Upvote 2

thanks for even taking on FSX and making it compatible with steam.

They deserve credit for this to start with. Seamless installation and no need to worry about scratched irreplaceable disks.

Many people on Avsim tend to forget that not everyone has a DVD to load FSX boxed version, assuming you can get hold of a copy.

Remember when shops ran out of those DVDs and prices jumped well above £100 for the few copies left.

It takes decades to build flight simulators. And they have it on the map now, first showing it can be compiled to 64 Bit.

Not expecting major changes though. And they have already stated this a long time ago.

• Upvote 5

Also that running FSX was involving more and more workarounds.  These aren't needed with FSX-SE it just installs.

Dovetail updated FSX enough to get it to be easy to install and to run at a basic level.

Then they worked on updating it to 64 bit and hopefully a few other updates.

I haven't played Flight School as much as I'd have hoped, but that was due to the lessons and tests not being as good as I'd hoped (sorry DTG).

Assuming that DTG continue allowing 3rd parties to make addons as they have with FSX and Train Simulator, and work with those 3rd parties, it should be well worth buying imo.

Its likely that not every issue on everyone's wishlist will be covered on release date (or at all in some cases) and it probably won't be as optimised as it could be (nor is xplane).

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.