Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01OCT16] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II is moving to beta testing!

Thanks Kyle....I was in the post typing away and the actual knowledge of if the Freighter was in the package wasn't crucial to the post so I invoked the lazy card and just typed that sentence instead of looking it myself.  :sorry:

I was not expecting you to look it up and post a reply, but thank you for taking the time I didn't, hehe.

There are many freighters I'd like to paint, in addition to the ones I've already done on the 777....I'll have to restrain myself when browsing the net for the many unique liveries she wears.

I can't wait to tow her into my paint hangar and get started on her.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I am mostly interested in the -ER version, both pax and freighter versions.   Cannot wait to get my hands on that bird...   And of course then there is the RB-211 engine to go with that, just awesome!

Regards

• Upvote 1

Everything looks amazing. I have many cargo fligths planned with this bird - there just won't be enough time in the days/weekend to spend on the deck. But it will be major fun. My hopes of a Christmas release have been shelved though and I'm into seriously 'managing expectations mode' lol

I was in the post typing away and the actual knowledge of if the Freighter was in the package wasn't crucial to the post so I invoked the lazy card and just typed that sentence instead of looking it myself. 
I was not expecting you to look it up and post a reply, but thank you for taking the time I didn't, hehe.

haha - no worries. I actually had to go back to the post and edit it only a few hours before to add the -ERF, so it was already in my mind as a reference to answer your question. Being in lazy mode myself, I just linked to it  :P

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Paul, I'm planning on moving most of my 777F liveries over to the 744F, FedEx included.  :wink:

Look at the pic of the tails in my sig for a short list.

Sweet!

Queen in FedEx dress will be glorious :)

I was gonna wait and see the pricing (still might) for the 748F expansion as I'm not a fan of the 744 but this makes it tempting.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Sweet!

Queen in FedEx dress will be glorious :)

I was gonna wait and see the pricing (still might) for the 748F expansion as I'm not a fan of the 744 but this makes it tempting.

To be honest I like the 744 better.  I think it has better proportions, the -8 looks too long IMO.

Anyway, FedEx is certainly going to be done by me when I get my hands on the freighter....and this one too as it's probably one of my favorite liveries of all time:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498394-oh-to-have-a-744-freighter-to-put-these-textures-on/?p=3513966

This will be the metal texture I use when I move my Flying Tiger textures to the 744F (while they look ok on the 777F, they were made for the 744F).  I'll knock some of the polish off it a bit as FT's were never that shiny.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Steve!

If you get around to it, the plane below was the first 747 I'd ever been on. It wasn't pretty and it needed a lot of love inside, but it did have a certain character... I'd love to see it in P3D, if you could! (and if not, that's fine as well.) Thank you for all the repaints.

12779365083_68e7b016d7_b.jpg

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

To be honest I like the 744 better. I think it has better proportions, the -8 looks too long IMO.

Anyway, FedEx is certainly going to be done by me when I get my hands on the freighter....and this one too as it's probably one of my favorite liveries of all time:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/498394-oh-to-have-a-744-freighter-to-put-these-textures-on/?p=3513966

This will be the metal texture I use when I move my Flying Tiger textures to the 744F (while they look ok on the 777F, they were made for the 744F). I'll knock some of the polish off it a bit as FT's were never that shiny.

Steve, I hope to see you do the lovely National Cargo 747 in the silver and blue livery. I saw one at DFW taxi over the northern bridge while I was driving under it and was in awe of the beauty of that livery. That's the only time I've seen it at DFW.

image.jpg

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My first and only flight on a 747 was a British Airways 747-400 from London to Detroit.

I guess my chances for a British Airways version should be very good :D

Hey Steve!

If you get around to it, the plane below was the first 747 I'd ever been on. It wasn't pretty and it needed a lot of love inside, but it did have a certain character... I'd love to see it in P3D, if you could! (and if not, that's fine as well.) Thank you for all the repaints.

Steve, I hope to see you do the lovely National Cargo 747 in the silver and blue livery. I saw one at DFW taxi over the northern bridge while I was driving under it and was in awe of the beauty of that livery. That's the only time I've seen it at DFW.

Hey guys,

As you know I'd love to fill every livery request but time is always the enemy, hehe.   I'm hoping that the Queen will be released soon, but even when it does I have my paint hangar full of huge 747's I've already committed to (Namely all the 777Fs I've done that have 747 big sisters, you know FedEx, UPS, Atlas, FT, Centurion, Polar, Evergreen, etc). 

In addition I'm currently painting another 747, and the A320.  If there is an A330 release before the Queen she'll also have a few I'll paint.  The good news is if a 787 releases soon (not that I even suspect it will)  nobody should want for repaints as the leading member of that group is an avid (and great) painter and has already painted every 787 that I know of.  :smile:

I know this Queen should bring out all the top painters, and I'm confident that we'll all coordinate efforts to bring you the liveries you want.  Let's not forget that there should be a lot of paints that come with the initial release, maybe National will be one of the freighters. :wink:  

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

My first and only flight on a 747 was a British Airways 747-400 from London to Detroit.

I guess my chances for a British Airways version should be very good :D

In my case it was London to Miami and for some reason they moved me from coach to World Traveler Plus. 

Seat turned into bed and was one of the best flights I ever had :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Hey Steve!

12779365083_68e7b016d7_b.jpg

Flying Tigers those were the days - David Lee

• Upvote 1

In my case it was London to Miami and for some reason they moved me from coach to World Traveler Plus. 

Seat turned into bed and was one of the best flights I ever had :)

:-D

I cannot really remember because it was around 17 years ago, but on the flight to Detroit we were sitting on the upper deck. My grandparents said we were upgraded for this flight.

But I cannot really remember. :-(

Back was a 747-200 as far as I remember. The upper deck was shorter and there were no winglets... Must have been a -200.

Good old memories :-)

Seems like this December window might have some extra wallet issues as FSL might be on the toes as well with P3D .

Are this bad marketing ? Cant be as it is two different aircrafts (but are the customers different as well) ?

NOT HERE :smile:  :wink:  :Tounge:  

My wallet is ready for both

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Will there be  an auto cross feed shutoff option for those long overnighters?

Robbie