Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

What happened to Lou Betti Dreamfleet?

I'd love to see a new 727 for FSX/P3D with high res VC, shadows and all the rest of it,

So say we all! Thanks for all you've done.

DJ

For what its worth,...I'd like to add one thing:

Even though Lou and Paul are out of the FS development world, I hope they know how many people became real world pilots because of their efforts.  Regardless if Lou had his issues with the simulation community, he should know that he made a difference in the real world and inspired people to take that first step.

For what its worth,...I'd like to add one thing:

Even though Lou and Paul are out of the FS development world, I hope they know how many people became real world pilots because of their efforts.  Regardless if Lou had his issues with the simulation community, he should know that he made a difference in the real world and inspired people to take that first step.

That is probably the greatest compliment any developer could get.

Paul's 727 is still the best Boeing 727 made for any of the platforms in flight simulator. There are times I would think about reinstalling FS9 just to put the 727 back on line.

JeffG 

Jeffrey Gerbert

I´d love to know the history behind Airliner XP. It looked like a giant step forward in addon airplanes, and the people behind were not slouches: Lou Betty from Dreamfleet, Jean-Luc from Reality XP and Vauchez from Flight Scenery. A dream team in the fs world, and looked like it was nearly ready for release! All the excitement, then suddenly nothing...until now. It wouldn´t surprise me if lou got burned after the backlash he had to endure, and little did i know back then what a reputation graveyard the Airbus 320 was going to be in Flight Simulator... i still wonder what happened behind the scenes, and how much of the plane was complete.

Still remember the Dreamfleet Bonanza fondly, it was the plane where i learned to navigate, use VORs, and take flightsimming more seriously.

You are better off not knowing the drama back then. It effected all devs at the time of FSX RTM and we all have the scars to prove it. :fool: :fool:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Lou shows up pretty regularly on a couple of message board forums. We've chatted a time or two.

Leon