Sign in to follow this  
Rydent1

PMDG 747 Queen Of The Skies ii Sounds

Hello, i was wondering what the sounds are like on the upcoming 747. Are they recorded from the real aircraft like avionics, packs, engine/ engine start sounds, etc?

Cheers :)  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are they recorded from the real aircraft like avionics, packs, engine/ engine start sounds, etc?

As we've always done with our full products, yes.

Thank you :) I think i might have to buy when it is released then :) Cheers for the quick response Kyle.

Thank you :) I think i might have to buy when it is released then :) Cheers for the quick response Kyle.

Welcome!

Gents! please, when it ready, it will be ready. :smile:

But you see, brother, *I'm* ready right now... ;-)

• Upvote 1

We have some lovely new sound features in this aircraft not seen on our previous releases ..... and of course a lot of time has been spent getting all three engine types as close to the real thing as possible.

:Whistle:

• Upvote 1

We have some lovely new sound features in this aircraft not seen on our previous releases ..... and of course a lot of time has been spent getting all three engine types as close to the real thing as possible.

:Whistle:

Most excellent.

New features... like does the engine sound finally fades away and gets drowned out by the wind noise as you climb higher into the thinner air? :Big Grin: Presently 90% N1 sounds the same on the ground and at 30000 ft... in any sim and plane :He He:

Our ears are not that well calibrated.  Sound engineers work with perceived sound levels with weighted messaging to model the ears sensitivity to noise, and it gets real complex real fast.  True, the sound propagates slower and the sound pressure level is less in thinner air but I doubt that this is measurable using perceived sound pressure measurements with the existence of the much louder slipstream noise.

I assure you that Armen is well acquainted with the science behind the music.

all three engine types

Only three? Assuming that we're talking about GE/RR/PW for the 744, what about the GEnx on the 747-8i?

Only three? Assuming that we're talking about GE/RR/PW for the 744, what about the GEnx on the 747-8i?

Stop and think about the only aircraft we've been talking about recently. Has the 8 been part of that?

• Upvote 1

Stop and think about the only aircraft we've been talking about recently. Has the 8 been part of that?

Well, in this thread no aircraft (or subtype) has been specified, and the scope of the addon will comprise the -8i. That's why I wanted to make sure that the GEnx sound will be part of the deal as the fourth engine sound.

you'de be looking at 2-3 years at earliest for the -8 to be released.

Seriously? I have been under the impression it would be released at pretty much the same time, or maybe a few months later. :vava:

After all, it has been previewed quite a bit already...

Well, in this thread no aircraft (or subtype) has been specified, and the scope of the addon will comprise the -8i. That's why I wanted to make sure that the GEnx sound will be part of the deal as the fourth engine sound.

Referring to this thread alone, you're right, but if you look at the update threads, you'll see that we've only shown the 400 for quite some time. Regardless, I'm not sure I follow the thought process of seeing that each engine type has specific sounds, but then wondering if the 8 would follow this trend. Even the "visual update only" version of the 8 we did for the old 747 had updated engine sounds. I believe you own that product, don't you?

Seriously? I have been under the impression it would be released at pretty much the same time, or maybe a few months later. :vava:

After all, it has been previewed quite a bit already...

Two to three years may be Simon's estimate, but it is not ours. I think you'd do well to pay a little more attention to what we're saying, and a little less about what people in the forum say here in the forum, at least when it comes to official information about products.

you'll see that we've only shown the 400 for quite some time

But you have previewed the -8i, which lead me (and maybe a few others) to believe that it is not trailing too far behind... :smile: Therefore, Amir speaking of three engine types made curious about the fourth, and newest one, also in terms of previews. I do follow the annoucements, but I likely don't get every bit of information, especially if it's between the lines and the threads get really long. So I'd be curious to hear about your approximate time frame.

Yeah an external engine startup video would be neat to hear, just to get our hearts pumping on what we can expect soon.  :smile: 

Why? Who cares what the outside sounds like? I only want the inside FROM THE COCKPIT sounds covered. Don't fly from the outside.

You've answered your own question.  Sean likes it.

I also don't fly from the outside much, but there is nothing wrong with a plane enthusiast listening to his simulated 747-400 starting up.  Perhaps the sound reminds him of airport visits or where he works, or whatever...

Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean everyone doesn't.

I am fairly sure, trusting PMDG, you will both be very happy.

Cheers,

Rudy

New features... like does the engine sound finally fades away and gets drowned out by the wind noise as you climb higher into the thinner air? :Big Grin: Presently 90% N1 sounds the same on the ground and at 30000 ft... in any sim and plane :He He:

Ive noticed this for a long time, no one ever talks about it, due to changing air density the sound should change.  Would be a great feature to have.

Yes - this is one of our new sound features!    :Big Grin:

We have built our own custom sound system for the engines and now we have full control over the engine volumes relative to altitude.  A big thank you for the hard work done by Chris and Alex who got this amazing implementation ready for the Queen.

• Upvote 2

Well, there goes my wallet.

With the Aerosoft A330 and PMDG 747 coming hot and fast, I have to eat noodles and stop going to Walmart from now.

Yes - this is one of our new sound features!    :Big Grin:

We have built our own custom sound system for the engines and now we have full control over the engine volumes relative to altitude.  A big thank you for the hard work done by Chris and Alex who got this amazing implementation ready for the Queen.

Amazing! PMDG keeps surprising.

Would (or could?) this feature be 'retro-fitted' into previous releases (737 & 777 namely)?

Anders,

We shall see but it is too early to tell right now.  We shall cross that bridge when we get to it.  :smile:

• Upvote 2